• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

With the exception of 1, possibly 2 martial arts that were created in the series run of Baki, it's been stated multiple times thoughout the series that he is a master of all martial arts on Earth, and every technique of every style. He even knows Udonde, which, as it is only passed down in secret to the family of some Emperor, he should not be able to know. The exceptions being Imagine Style and possibly Xiao-Lee, as Retsu says he learned it after seeing it ~2 times, but Baki says he already knew it (both of them just speculating). Baki invented Imagine Style, and Yujiro copies it after seeing it once, so I don't know how he would know Imagine Style before it was even invented, so that one is chalked up to Power Mimicry

Isn't that contradicted by how he didn't know stuff like Xiao Lee?

And there are techniques which are developed later on, example Doppo learns several techniques during the series. Why are those assumed to be known by Yujiro when he has shown that he doesn't know all.

Firephoenixearl said:
Isn't that contradicted by how he didn't know stuff like Xiao Lee?
And there are techniques which are developed later on, example Doppo learns several techniques during the series. Why are those assumed to be known by Yujiro when he has shown that he doesn't know all.
I already addressed Xiao-Lee, so that's a bit of a moot point

Because the comment about Yujiro is said at least once in almost every season of the Baki manga. If the author's intention wasn't for Yujiro to know all techniques in the series, he likely would've made mention, but instead, it's just repeated that "Yujiro has mastered all martial techniques ever made"

BakiHanma18 said:
With the exception of 1, possibly 2 martial arts that were created in the series run of Baki, it's been stated multiple times thoughout the series that he is a master of all martial arts on Earth, and every technique of every style. He even knows Udonde, which, as it is only passed down in secret to the family of some Emperor, he should not be able to know. The exceptions being Imagine Style and possibly Xiao-Lee, as Retsu says he learned it after seeing it ~2 times, but Baki says he already knew it (both of them just speculating). Baki invented Imagine Style, and Yujiro copies it after seeing it once, so I don't know how he would know Imagine Style before it was even invented, so that one is chalked up to Power Mimicry
The bolded part

Actually the Baki part is proven to be wrong as he would've known of Xiao Lee before hand and not be scared of the reflected punch.

He was visibly scared and was taken by surprise by offensive Xiao Lee. He clearly did not know it before.

Firephoenixearl said:
Actually the Baki part is proven to be wrong as he would've known of Xiao Lee before hand and not be scared of the reflected punch.
He was visibly scared and was taken by surprise by offensive Xiao Lee. He clearly did not know it before.
Baki's part is not proven wrong, as that could easily be due to the fact that he wasn't aware Kaku Xiao-Lee could actually reflect his strength, than Kaku's mastery was actually that good, or that Kaku even knew complete Xiao-Lee

I think Yujiro copied Defensive Xiao Lee, but didn't know about neither beforehand. One of the very few martial arts Yujiro didn't know until he fought against them (if there are any aside from this lol)

Or in other words, Yujiro doesn't know every martial art but has the capacity of using said martial arts after he learns about it. Also if I recall correctly wasn't Yujiro only stated to know every martial art by a fodder fan who was trying to Cleary hype Yujiro up? Or was this stated more than that one time?

The Prince of Counters said:
which in turn means that Yujiro wasn't aware of what Xiao Lee was capable of untill he actually fought it.
No, that's not what that means at all. What it means is that he was unaware that a 10-C Xiao-Lee to absorb his hits, not that Xiao-Lee can allow a 10-C to absorb his hits. The only thing Yujiro was unaware of was to what extent Kaku had mastered Xiao-Lee, as the whole reason for Retsu and Baki's statements is that Yujiro uses Xiao-Lee to absorb the force of his own hits (thereby showing he could do it casually)

Or in other words, Yujiro doesn't know every martial art but has the capacity of using said martial arts after he learns about it. Also if I recall correctly wasn't Yujiro only stated to know every martial art by a fodder fan who was trying to Cleary hype Yujiro up? Or was this stated more than that one time?
It's been stated by Baki several times throughout the serious, Strydum (his beat friend and the person he spends most of his time with), and other people throughout the series, but Strydum and Baki are the most reliable sources other than the man himself, who's said it on occasion

BakiHanma18 said:
It's been stated by Baki several times throughout the serious, Strydum (his beat friend and the person he spends most of his time with), and other people throughout the series, but Strydum and Baki are the most reliable sources other than the man himself, who's said it on occasion
Actually the dude who originally said it was Motobe

KGiffoni said:
BakiHanma18 said:
It's been stated by Baki several times throughout the serious, Strydum (his beat friend and the person he spends most of his time with), and other people throughout the series, but Strydum and Baki are the most reliable sources other than the man himself, who's said it on occasio
Actually the dude who originally said it was Motobe
Yeah, but he's another one I'm not sure if he actually knows

Yes, that's what i was refering to. Thanks for finding it.

It's such a remarkable feat that even Retsu wasn't sure if the likes of Kaku Kaioh could replicate it, damn

KGiffoni said:
Yes, that's what i was refering to. Thanks for finding it.
It's such a remarkable feat that even Retsu wasn't sure if the likes of Kaku Kaioh could replicate it, damn
Fr, that's a seriously impressive skill, and I think it might also classify as Afterimage Creation

The god tiers of the verse can probably be revised now. Still not fully sure what to do with the mid tiers.

The pic that BakiHanma used in his Sikorsky vs Deku fight looked interesting ngl. Not sure if it was the start of a calc that someone never finished. But maybe that's worth a shot? Feats involving guns are always good.

Lol just picked it because I though it looked cool, but when I saw it blown up, I was like "damn, Sikorsky kinda DID dodge a bullet, didn't he?"

No, it's clearly a technique, mainly because Retsu wasn't sure if people comparable to base Baki in speed (and some even above him) could replicate the technique. And Pickle himself is also comparable to Baki. It's explained that the technique comes from dodging in a very precise way with little to no movement that may be unidentifiable for the eyes of the attacker. Just way exaggerated like everything in Baki. On top of that, Retsu refers to it as a technique twice.

Yeah but even speed technique can be called a technique. I can say "it's a technique that uses speed" just fine.

Besides it is said "a speed that goes beyond being too fast". It is plain speed.

There is no way to amp yourself without increasing muscle mass/strengthening muscless like demon back. At least not in baki, it was strictly speed. The rest is just baki being good at dodging.

Other masters may not be able to replicate this technique cus they are not nearly as fit as baki, meaning not even insane skill can perform a purely speed technique.

Besides again it's strictly mentioned as speed when first used, simply baki being fast.

I'm personally not sure, it would help if we saw a scene where Pickle outsped or blitzed Baki.

On the one hand, it is solely described as speed, and Baki has shown to be able to dodge and keep up with Pickle even when he amps with FLS

Other the other hand, Transformed Pickle vs base Baki, Pickle should be physically superior in every way, which is reinforced by the narrative, as it clearly intends for the fight to be stats and technique

Sometimes "physically superior" is a term used for strength.

Because it's not rare for characters described like that to have less stamina or speed.

Firephoenixearl said:
Sometimes "physically superior" is a term used for strength.
Because it's not rare for characters described like that to have less stamina or speed.
While that is true, there's no proof that I know of to say it does or doesn't apply to this fight

Firephoenixearl said:
Considering that was just treated as "being fast" it should stay like that. It's just a plain speed upgrade for Baki.
That would only be for Baki v Cho. Baki v Pickle is clearly Afterimage Creation, and both are the Pseudo Intang we discussed earlier

Back