• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro's Questionable Abilities Removal + other changes

So it's no secret that the Baki profiles are in extremely poor condition

That's we me and a few other have started to try and fix that

Yujiro in particular has a few abilities that I am amazed made it on his profile so I'm here to fix that

Things that are going​

• Self Sustenance
Don't think I need to explain this one
It's just blatantly not self-sustenance
  • Telepathy
What? How?
This was just the person who delivered Yujiro being scared as shit because of how much of a monster Yujiro was even right after his birth
It's never been demonstrated in any way throughout the entire series
  • Instinctive Action
The specific scan they link for this justification does not show Yujiro acting without thought. He specifically notices something is up with Kaku's punch and makes the conscious decision to dodge

• Limited Invisibility
I'm aware that this is on Baki's profile as well and It's justification being that Baki's dodge's people's lines of sight making him effectively invisible.
And while that is the case it's still not invisibility in any shape or form, it's just dodging out of someone's point of view.

We don't give people invisibility for being out of someone's POV and as such it should be removed from both profiles
  • Creation
Should be removed as Yujiro's Halo forming feat can be done with just Light Manipulation
  • Surface Scaling
Should be removed as he has never demonstrated this ability

Things that need to be changed/need additional justifications​

• Fear Manipulation
While this 100% should be on his profile, one of the Justifications should be removed. Specifically the one where it say his fear Manipulation can effect comparable fighters to the point that some can't even touch him because they subconsciously avoid him. None of that is shown in this instance. Hanayama lands a barrage of attacks and is taken aback by how little damage they do, Yujiro then says he's intimidated and then he goes back to fighting, that's it. Nothing shows an inability to attack
  • Sense Manipulation
Should be changed to Limited Sense Manipulation since it works the same way as his illusion creation
  • Air Manipulation via Vacuum Palm
Should be changed to just Air Manipulation due to what he demonstrated during his fight with Baki

The Vacuum Palm and Yanagi part should be removed since he has never demonstrated this ability
  • Minor Longevity
Should be changed to just Longevity
  • Limited Pain Manipulation
Should be changed to just Pain Manipulation as that's exactly what it is and it is battle applicable
  • Pressure Points
Should have a scan showing this or it should be removed
  • Paralysis inducement
Same as above
  • Supernatural Willpower
Should have additional justification's as the current one wouldn't be enough to qualify for this power
Let me preface I have no doubt that he has it, it just simply needs more justifications
  • Light Manipulation
Should be changed to Limited Light Manipulation as this is not combat applicable and only happens when he activates his Demon Back
  • Enhanced Pain Tolerance
Should be changed to Limited Resistance to Pain Manipulation since Pain Tolerance is no longer a thing and he has to tense every muscle in his body in order to negate it

Agree: SamanPatou, Expectro2000xxx, Epiccheev, Anttron224, Death_of_Lems, Damage3245

Disagree​

Last edited:
While I can agree to list Benda/Whip Strike as full pain manip, I believe that the resistance to pain manipulation should be listed as limited resistance since as the scans themself show Yujiro need to completely focus in mitigate the pain for some time which render him unable to move (hence why he said that Baki should had used that time to attack one of his vitals), so it isn't like he can just shrug off it like a with a full resistance, and maybe should also be noted in the weakness section that to withstand extreme pain like the one caused from Benda/Whip Strike he need to be focused in a immobilized state for some time until the pain recede.

While I can agree to list Benda/Whip Strike as full pain manip, I believe that the resistance to pain manipulation should be listed as limited resistance since as the scans themself show Yujiro need to completely focus in mitigate the pain for some time which render him unable to move (hence why he said that Baki should had used that time to attack one of his vitals), so it isn't like he can just shrug off it like a with a full resistance, and maybe should also be noted in the weakness section that to withstand extreme pain like the one caused from Benda/Whip Strike he need to be focused in a immobilized state for some time until the pain recede.
done

I actually planned to make it limited I just forgot to add it on there

• Agreed that Self-Sus is just bunk, Spec too shouldn't have it, and Yujiro has no reason to scale to him.
  • Telepathy is also totally made up, it's just Yujiro's innate scary aura that he shows literally every time he appears.
  • Same for Instinctive, he was perfectly conscious and is rather an Enhanced Senses feat. Also, he once again scales to Baki for no reason.
  • Electric Boogaloo with invisibility, he shouldn't automatically scale to Baki and iirc him strolling and dodging was borderline Perception fuckery on others, but I should read it again.
  • Agree with Fear changes, also Hanayama is totally not on Yujiro's level
  • Agree with senses, and scans should be added, for example the instance of him doing cuisine charades with Baki.
  • Agreed with Air, Yujiro for some reason scales to everyone's abilities. I get that he knows every martial art in the world and can replicate shit after seeing it once, but assuming he knows every quirky technique or just absorbed the entire arsenal of Baki and others is just NLF
  • Longevity and Pain are good. Someone should also fetch Kaku's statement.
  • I remember something that could be related to Pressure Points, but for now the ability should just be removed, also because that description could be about raw AP.
  • Agree with removing Paralysis, and Creation should also go, minor Light Manip is enough
  • Agree with Pain Endurance

• Electric Boogaloo with invisibility, he shouldn't automatically scale to Baki and iirc him strolling and dodging was borderline Perception fuckery on others, but I should read it again.
Nah It's literally just Baki dodging LOS no invisibility whatsoever
  • Agreed with Air, Yujiro for some reason scales to everyone's abilities. I get that he knows every martial art in the world and can replicate shit after seeing it once, but assuming he knows every quirky technique or just absorbed the entire arsenal of Baki and others is just NLF
Yeah, The only reason I kept Surface scaling is because Sikorsky Specifically does that with the incredible grip strength in his fingers

Something that Yujiro far far surpasses
  • Longevity and Pain are good. Someone should also fetch Kaku's statement.
  • I remember something that could be related to Pressure Points, but for now the ability should just be removed, also because that description could be about raw AP.
Yeah, I'm waiting for Baki supporter to bring up the scans
  • Agree with removing Paralysis, and Creation should also go, minor Light Manip is enough
Fair enough

Last edited:
Yeah, The only reason I kept Surface scaling is because Sikorsky Specifically does that with the incredible grip strength in his fingers. Something that Yujiro far far surpasses

Imho that should be removed too.
Sikorsky might just happen to have more strength in his fingertips than others despite having an overall lower body strength, and it might be a combination of that and his ability or predisposition to adhere in that way.

If we reduce it to strength alone, then half the cast should have the ability.

I also believe it's one of those abilities that should be bestowed only though showings or clear statements anyway.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Baki supporter to bring up the scans
For the time being, we can just remove it.

Imho that should be removed too.
Sikorsky might just happen to have more strength in his fingertips than others despite having an overall lower body strength, and it might be a combination of that and his ability or predisposition to adhere in that way.

If we reduce it to strength alone, then half the cast should have the ability.

I also believe it's one of those abilities that should be bestowed only though showings or clear statements anyway.
I suppose thats true
For the time being, we can just remove it.
Yeah, until someone showcases some scans

Changes can be made now. The 48 hours is just from the beginning of the thread.
Done

Let me know if I missed something or went overboard

I removed all the abilities that didn't have any explanations for them as well

Back