• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

I would appreciate if you guys stop with the strawmans. No one here is saying that Benda would work on someone 1000x stronger or even Kaidou for that matter

Its limited for a reason, and very limited, but it still works as dura neg to an extent, as seen with Baki vs Pickle fight, and that was like, the best feat of Benda and it stops there

There is no NLF

The definition of durability negation is that it would work on people like Kaido at least to an extent. It's not really Strawman. If you can't break someones skin it's gonna do nothing. It's a noteable technique at most.

Blackcurrant91 said:
The definition of durability negation is that it would work on people like Kaido at least to an extent. It's not really Strawman. If you can't break someones skin it's gonna do nothing. It's a noteable technique at most.
And what exactly makes you think that? Just because its dura neg doesnt mean its destined to work against Kaido, Goku, etc. Different mechanics exists, and Benda is a very limited type of dura neg that doesnt work against people 3 tiers above but still worked against someone much stronger than its user.

Its like giving someone durability negation for having an ability that works on someone in a higher tier like for using a sword or a gun or a crossbow. Like are we gonna give all the 10-C's with guns limited durability negation?

Blackcurrant91 said:
Its like giving someone durability negation for having an ability that works on someone in a higher tier like for using a sword or a gun or a crossbow. Like are we gonna give all the 10-C's with guns limited durability negation?
A sword is a bad example since piercing damage is heavily inconsistent in fiction. A 10-C with gun doesnt give you dura neg because the gun has its own AP and cant even affect stuff above its own tier

Then again, Benda is just limited dura neg as it worked on someone much stronger than Baki, but still not being hax level

@amlad

It is just a slap that hurts more. A slap hurts more than a punch, even though the latter deals more damage. A slap that hurts more/ becomes a whip doesn't just break this logic.

A whip doesn't work like dura neg either, neither as a pain manip. I guess i can agree with pain manip cus of well hurting a lot. Not dura neg though.

Agree with everything except the Durability Negation as was already said by others.

Also, "Limited Durability Negation" doesn't really make sense to me to be honest, but I could just be misunderstanding it.

If you can harm someone 25x stronger than you with a technique but can't harm them with your regular attacks, there is a form of dura neg there. As Oblivion said it's limited, but the gap in power that exists between the likes of Baki and Yanagi or Baki and Pickle during their fights is enough for limited.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any real reason to take off dura neg and intang. It negates durability up to and possibly higher than 25x stronger, so it's literally a dura neg with a limit, hence limited durability negation.

Pseudo literally means fake, as in it's a fake intang. To the naked eye, it looks as though attacks are phasing through him, but in all actuality, he's dodging at high speeds.

I see no real reason to change anything, and I plan to add Afterimage Creation to Baki and Yujiro later today for what he did against Pickle

Yeah i think Afterimage Creation is good, in its nature it's already a subset of Illusion Creation

Can someone add the stuff for Che as well. Which is all this. It's very straightforward.

Limited Natural Weaponry (Using his hair as a weapon. Not sure if this applies or not)

Durability Negation (His hair attack destroys the opponents eardrum where even heavily built muscles like Oliva's can't protect)

Paralysis Inducement (His hair attack causes an opponent to lose their sense of balance, making it so they cannot stand or even move)

Extremely enhanced senses (Could sense incoming winds before they had reached the area)

Stealth mastery (A highly skilled guerrilla fighter, also escaped the Arizona prison without being seen)

I can do that

What are we doing about Mind Manip for Yujiro and resistance to Hanayama?

EDIT: actually, it may be sense manipulation, since it's described as a sensory invasion, but I'm not sure. It would still need to be added to his notable moves and resistance for "Hanya"

Yeah, I had said it was because of the Doppo v Yujiro fight, but I wasn't entirely sure. Does anyone know why DB also amps speed on top of strength?

Because it has constantly been shown to do so, mainly in Baki's fights. The only time Yujiro's DB has been shown to boost speed is against Doppo iirc since once he enters DB he blitzes Doppo, who used to be blitzing Yujiro in base (with Sangan).

KGiffoni said:
Because it has constantly been shown to do so, mainly in Baki's fights. The only time Yujiro's DB has been shown to boost speed is against Doppo iirc since once he enters DB he blitzes Doppo, who used to be blitzing Yujiro in base (with Sangan).
I thought so.

When was 0.5s Unconscious ever shown to be an ability exclusive for the Hanma bloodline, and even worse, when was it ever stated to be an ability exclusive for Demon Back?

KGiffoni said:
He doesn't really get blitzed by Doppo. But i'll leave this at that.

KGiffoni said:
When was 0.5s Unconscious ever shown to be an ability exclusive for the Hanma bloodline, and even worse, when was it ever stated to be an ability exclusive for Demon Back?
I'm not sure if it's exclusive, but I've always seen 0.5 as exclusive to the Hanma Brain, as it has to do with superpowers, which only the Hanmas seem to have...

0.5 has only been used by Baki and Yujiro. Baki first developed the ability to use it after he mastered his DB against Oliva. There's defiantly a connection.

As for speed. It's pretty clear there is a speed amp for DB. Baki was able to blitz Jack in their fight despite being overwhelmed by him just moments prior and Yujiro could blitz Doppo despite Doppo being able to keep up with Base Yujiro to an extent.

@KGiffoni

You may know this. Is human perception 1/220th of a second? There is a calc that uses it and I'm wondering if that's legit.

Firephoenixearl said:
KGiffoni said:
He doesn't really get blitzed by Doppo. But i'll leave this at that.
Except from the second Doppo started to use Sangan to the second Yujiro activated DB Doppo didn't get hit once

Although it was said Yujiro was being casual, i'm not sure if that accounts for speed

Amlad22 said:
@KGiffoni
You may know this. Is human perception 1/220th of a second? There is a calc that uses it and I'm wondering if that's legit.
This states it's 1/4 of a second.

Amlad22 said:
0.5 has only been used by Baki and Yujiro. Baki first developed the ability to use it after he mastered his DB against Oliva. There's defiantly a connection.
But Oliva even claims that "it's a concept only used in the japanese world of martial arts".

I've seen articles that have a lot faster than that too. Hmm I'll have to try and figure out what the best is.

KGiffoni said:
Amlad22 said:
But Oliva even claims that "it's a concept only used in the japanese world of martial arts".
So? Should i remove 0.5sU from the "Ogre Physiology" page?

Amlad22 said:
I've seen articles that have a lot faster than that too. Hmm I'll have to try and figure out what the best is.
Maybe these are refering to peak human reaction speed, while 0.25s refers to the average.

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes but it's neither speed nor speed amp. Just baki not wasting movements anymore. Skill upgrade if anything at all.

Bumping this since a conclusion was never reached, Baki also used this technique against complete and total fodder in the street's, obviously they aren't gonna be able to keep track of Baki's movement. This is just speed and Instinctive Reaction.

I'm sorry? What any of it has to do w/ Instinctive Reaction? A conclusion was reached, it's afterimage creation + making minimalistic movements, what gives the impression you're phasing through him, thus pseudo intangibility.

He's getting everything confused. The "total fodder" on the street thing he's referring to isn't Pseudo Intang, what Earl was talking about. He's talking about limited invisibility, even though I've already mention and shown in this thread that it work on Dr. Kureha, who is slower than Baki but not fodder, Shibukawa, who is comparable to Baki, and FP Musashi, who's faster than Baki

Back