• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

Another case of Itagaki attempting to ground the verse, which always fails miserably. If we always used itagaki's attempts to ground the verse the entire verse would be 9-B and the god tiers would be 9-A at best. We have ridiculous statements like Oliva only being able to lift half a ton, or Baki only being able to move at subsonic speeds in SOO. Hell Itagaki to this day still tries to make killing a tiger seem like an impressive feat for Doppo despite that also being a low end wall level feat. And obviously we aren't gonna downgrade Doppo to 9-B. We have to look at what's consistent and low end wall level is not consistent at all.

Except you said off the bat 3 9-B feats. I'm pretty sure that if one of us was to read Baki all over again, we'd find more 9-X ~ 8-X feats than 7-X feats, it's way more consistent through the series.

We have tier 7 feat yes that's true. But there's a reason it's not an outlier and this was discussed heavily. It was done by the god of the verse. There's no reason to assume it's an outlier. We've seen multiple lower feats from Yujiro ofc because that's how manga works. Just because we see what a serious Yujiro can do doesn't mean he all of a sudden has to be pulling out 7-C feats left and right. This goes for literally any other series as well. Just because the god tier does a feat doesn't mean every single one of their subsequent feats needs to equal or exceed the first feat for it to be accepted.

As for the 9-B stuff, you're not trying to say that we should downgrade people like Oliva and Doppo to 9-B are you? I hope not.

Anyway let's look at Doyle's feats and see what's more consistent.

Death by electric chair- 9-B

Takes a direct hit from Baki and is fine- 9-A

Takes multiple attacks from Post MT Kosho- 9-A

Survives against a pissed off Retsu- 9-A

Survives countless assaults from Doppo/Katsumi while injured- 9-A

Hurts Yanagi despite being in a severely injured state- 9-A

9-A is the more consistent yield.

Now, i'm not saying the 7-C feats are 100% outlierish. I kinda agree with them because there's a decent amount of them (about 3) and because they're more consistent than the anti-feats, at least for the god tier bunch it makes more sense as it's not absurdly above the high-tiers, only 2 or so tiers above. But for the prisoners at least, 9-B is more consistent. Speck only has his 9-A feat by assuming he did the damage on the SoL with 20 punches when we all know Apnea Rush delivers waaaay more punches than that and even if he used it for brief seconds (when this attack can be performed for 5 minutes straight), it would still be more than 20, placing the feat at 9-B either than 9-A.

Doyle has this anti-feat that says he would have died (or at least passed out) if he were to go 20 seconds on the electric chair, placing him at low end 9-B.

Just saying that we might have the scaling to put them at 9-A, but actual feats from the convicts? None of them are 9-A. I think they should have a "possibly 9-A" on them rather than a solid 9-A rating, because Doppo Orochi was casual while beating the crap out of Dorian and even then his punches were literally breaking his ribs so it's not like he actually tanked it, it's more like he barely survived. And Baki in his fight with Yanagi was also kinda casual, it has been shown that Baki only really fights seriously against the convicts when they threat his girlfriend. And even then, Yanagi only hurted Baki via Benda, a technique that has limited durability negation.

First to adresss Spec's feat. You can count the number of punches in the image itself. It's around 20 fist markings in the base of the statue.

The prisoners also get 9-A through scaling like I said. I literally gave an entire description starting from beginning of series Baki for why Doyle is 9-A via scaling to Kosho.

The prisoners also have feats of harming the main cast. Spec was able to deal minor damage to Hanayama, Dorian was shown to be stronger than Katsumi and an equal to Retsu (who has 2 solid 9-A feats), Doyle tanked hits from Kosho, Sikorsky harmed both Baki and Jack and evening Yanagi scales to Shibukawa who took a true seiken punch from Doppo. They all have feats to scale to the main cast. And the main cast are 9-A via calcs and upwards scaling from Hanayama's 9-B calc.

I'm planning to remove basically all the supersonic+ ratings from the 9-A's. So don't worry about that lol. It's a flawed rating. Most of them will be subsonic+ to supersonic with supersonic reaction speed being the only thing that's for sure. Most of the cast could somewhat react to Katsumi's Mach Punch and Baki easily replicated the feat so some of them have supersonic speeds. But some like Hanayama can only react that fast. As we saw in his fight with Katsumi, he could react to the Mach Punch but couldn't move fast enough to counter it

See, I calc'd the Cockroach Tackle, and there was a translation that said "Dashing at you at 168 mph in 00.01 MS" which, if "MS" was milliseconds, this would be a Relativistic attack, but that still would likely be an outlier

Can you show the scan? If we have a timeframe and distance that can be measured then we can likely say **** Itagaki's dumb attempt at grounding the verse with the whole 168mph thing and find it's true speed.

"Dashing at you at 168 mph in 00.01 MS" looks more like 168mph is the actual speed and 00.01ms is the reaction speed of who did the attack. You can't get Relativistic from that.

But yeah the scans would be great

Cockroach dash 2
As I understand the scene, Baki accelerates to 168mph over the course of 0.01ms, or 0.00001s. Acceleration formula dictates the change in velocity over the change in time yields our result. Our initial speed and time are both 0, as he starts at a stand-still. Our final velocity would be 168mph and our final time would be 0.00001s. Subtract 168 from 0 gives us change in velocity, and the same for time is our change in time. Delta V over delta T gives us Baki's acceleration of 16,800,000 m/s^2. Would that level of acceleration yield any new speed amp info for Baki, should we attempt to measure this speed ourselves since it might be an Itagaki lowball, or should we just drop the matter entirely?

Cockroach Tackle https://binged.it/39arOKG

For distance between Baki and Yujiro before he gets slammed into the wall behind him AND distance between Baki and the wall before he gets slammed into it

19:18

New distance between Baki and Yujiro (Baki is now against the wall)

19:48

Best angle of Baki to Yujiro distance

20:18

Second Tackle

23:20

All the distance points for measurement

Hey guys, about that chapter where the abusing teacher compares Hanayama to a huge digger

Can we scale Hanayama to the digging machine? It seems 8-C or 9-A+

Doesn't that whole series take place when Hanayama is like 14? It seems to be heavily inconsistent with the feats at that point for him to be that strong. If it was post maximum tournament that's a different story.

I'll also have to calc that poison guy's feat of shattering a hole through a thicc glass cell (forgot his name)

Also shouldn't Spec be baseline Supersonic already for being able to create sonic booms?

I'm not sure about Spec. It makes sense, but I'd like feedback from others

What about the 16,800,000 mph/s acceleration for Baki's CT? Anything we can use there?

Yanagi's is more hax but it's a good feat for him none the less.

I don't remember Spec doing that. Do you have scans? It's probably consistent anyway with Spec being able to travel from Florida to Tokyo in under a day.

Tbh it's best if you put that on a blog and ask for a calc group member to check it out

I'm not sure how acceleration translates to speed

Soooo

About the "Gaia can't be killed by an atomic bomb" statement, we just consider it a hyperbole, outlier, or what?

Do we need to prove why that's just hype and nothing else? It's pretty obvious that 13yo Baki and Gaia aren't Town Level.

BakiHanma18 said:
Amlad22 said:
Do we need to prove why that's just hype and nothing else? It's pretty obvious that 13yo Baki and Gaia aren't Town Level.
They are in my head canon now OvO
OvO

Just a thought i had. I'm reading all the franchise again in order to do a respect thread blog

Ant is right everything should be run by a staff member. Not sure who honestly but someone.

I have some power and abilities additions I'd like to propose for Che Guevara after reading the prison arc over again. Basically he should have the following.

Limited Hair Manipulation (Can twist and manipulate his hair to use as a weapon)

Limited Natural Weaponry (Using his hair as a weapon. Not sure if this applies or not)

Durability Negation (His hair attack destroys the opponents eardrum where even heavily built muscles like Oliva's can't protect)

Paralysis Inducement (His hair attack causes an opponent to lose their sense of balance, making it so they cannot stand or even move)

Extremely enhanced senses (Could sense incoming winds before they had reached the area)

Stealth mastery (A highly skilled guerrilla fighter, also escaped the Arizona prison without being seen)

Any opinions on these?

I think only "Limited Natural Weaponry" should be alright, not Hair Manip

Everything elas is alright, should Yujiro upscale?

Yujiro likely CAN do all of these but he never actually met Che from what we know so I wouldn't add them with the exception of stealth mastery and extremely enhanced senses. Yujiro used stealth attacks many times against the US and his senses should in no way be worse than Che's.

Also no to hair manipulation then but yes to natural weaponry.

Back