• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

Basically majority of the profiles for Grappler Baki are severely lacking in the powers and abilities of many characters. I've taken the time to go through what I believe to be everything that is missing. If anyone has any additional powers I have forgotten or disagrees with any of the proposed changes comment below. Now to begin. If any scans are needed for proof they will be provided right away.

Baki Hanma:

Statistics Amplification via Cockroach Tackle, Mach Punch and Demon Back (Speed and Power amps all around)

Limited Durability Negation via Cord Cut and Benda Whip (Targets nerves and skin which the well developed muscles of the Baki Verse do not protect against)

Limited Pain Manipulation via Benda Whip (Self explanatory)

Limited Sealing via King Tiger (Submission hold that is nigh impossible to escape unless your name is Yujiro Hanma)

Ki Manipulation and Attack Reflection via Aiki (taken from Shibukawa)

Pressure Points (self explanatory)

Likely Information Analysis via Hanma Brain (Scaling to Yujiro and the Hanma Brain)

Doppo Orochi:

Limited Attack Reflection via Mawashi Uke

Enhanced Senses and Body Control via Sangan

Pressure Points and possibly limited Durability Negation via Quadruple Median Line Strike (should be able to replicate any Karate move Katsumi has shown)

Jack Hanma:

Ki Manipulation and Attack Reflection via Aiki (taken from Shibukawa)

Berserk Mode (Shown against Baki, Pickle and Motobe)

Kaku Kaioh:

Damage Reduction via Defensive Xiao Lee

Limited Energy Absorption/Reflection via Offensive Xiao Lee (absorbs the opponents energy and adds it to his own to create the ultimate strike)

Kaoru Hanayama:

Likely Surface Scaling (his grip should be far stronger than Sikorsky)

Katsumi Orochi:

Statistics Amplification via Mach Punch

Pressure Points and possibly limited durability negation via Quadruple Median Line Strike (Targets pressure points and can damage opponents far stronger than Katsumi)

Nomi no Sukune:

Very limited Earth Manipulation (caused earthquakes with his stomps)

Limited illusion creation (similar to Baki and Yujiro, he can create an abstract Yokozuna that can be felt and heard by other people)

Likely surface scaling (has possibly a stronger grip strength than even Hanayama)

Pickle:

Transformation (self explanatory)

Berserk Mode (self explanatory)

Limited Ki Manipulation and Attack Reflection (minor usage of Aiki)

Regenerationn (Low) in Transformed State (healed all the cuts made by Musashi but not the scar from the T-Rex)

Enhanced Body Control in Transformed State (Pickle's muscles become harder and almost impossible to damage)

Retsu Kaioh:

Damage Reduction via Defensive Xiao Lee

Breath Attack (can fire compressed blasts of air from his mouth to blind opponents)

Pressure Points (self explanatory)

Spec:

Body Control and possibly very limited self sustenance via Apnea Rush (has enhanced control over his lungs which allows him to survive up to 5 minutes without breathing)

Yüichirō Hanma:

Damage Reduction should be removed (Yüichirō has never seen Xiao Lee like his son and therefore has no reason to know this move)

Statistics Amplification via Demon Back

Body Control (Scaling to Yujiro)

Likely Information Analysis via Hanma Brain (Scaling to Yujiro)

Yujiro Hanma:

Limited Durability Negation via pressure Points, Benda Whip, Cord Cut and likely more

Ki Manipulation and Attack Reflection via Aiki

Energy Absorption/Redirection via Offensive Xiao Lee

Likely Air Manipulation via Vaccum Palm (Should be able to replicate Yanagi's moves)

Likely Surface Scaling (Should vastly exceed Sikorsky in grip strength)

Likely Limited Earth Manipulation (should be able to replicate Nomi's feats of strength)

Possibly Very Limited Self Sustenance (Should be able to do anything Spec can with his body)

Along with this almost every character in the verse with a few exceptions should have pain tolerance. This was discussed already but thought I'd mention it again before making any changes.

I suppose that this largely seems fine, but you should ask all of the experienced members listed in the Grappler Baki verse page to comment here.

Agreed. Feeling around the room for opinions helps to make sure all of these powers are accurate to the showings

Looks good. Shouldn't Baki have poison resistance and electricity resistance as well as Yujiro via Ogre Physiology?

BakiHanma18 said:
KGiffoni said:
Looks good. Shouldn't Baki have poison resistance and electricity resistance as well as Yujiro via Ogre Physiology?
He does already
I don't see it anywhere in his profile, even after using Ctrl + F.

Oh no I meant that because he has OP listed on his page, and OP has extreme resistance to electricity and poison, he'd have those resistances too

BakiHanma18 said:
Oh no I meant that because he has OP listed on his page, and OP has extreme resistance to electricity and poison, he'd have those resistances too
Oh, i see. Sorry. I tought it would be noted outside of OP.

I already asked Anttron as me and him did the last big Baki revisions so I'm sure he'll comment soon. Besides that, I'm not sure what Kaku being able to fake death would be, and I wouldn't say Yujiro has longevity. It seems like more of Kaku joking around to me

Amlad22 said:
I already asked Anttron as me and him did the last big Baki revisions so I'm sure he'll comment soon. Besides that, I'm not sure what Kaku being able to fake death would be, and I wouldn't say Yujiro has longevity. It seems like more of Kaku joking around to me
I see.

Would Kaku just have really advanced body control? I can't think of anything else to better describe what he did.

Going to be honest, considering Baki got easily defeat by Yujiro after he got serious, I don't think Baki nor Musashi should be 7C with Demon Back.

Amlad22 said:
Would Kaku just have really advanced body control? I can't think of anything else to better describe what he did.
I'm not sure. The clinical death thing is one thing (it can be listed under his moveset), but I'm not sure who to drive the point that Kaku's body control is almost Pillar Man tier

@Schnee

They are not equal to him, but we cannot ignore how well they performed against him. He was serious against them both, he just didn't go all out the entire time.

Baki made Demon Back Yujiro bleed, like, a lot. So he can defiantly harm him. Musashi was also able to match a semi serious Yujiro and slightly harm him while not using his full power either.

Also, they would be 7-C anyway via scaling. Base Baki currently scales to being above 2.68 Kilotons (which should honestly be 15 Kilotons but that's for another thread) which means after the minimum 3x Demon Back multiplier he's in 7-C. Yujiro is just further into 7-C. That's really all there is to it

I don't know about the sealing but the rest seem fine, and I believe the info analysis is just a result of Yujiro constantly training rather than a natural ability, as Baki never exhibits this ability, and Yujiro didn't have it as a child.

I agree with the OP, and

Pickle's muscles were more resistent to cutting than Yujiro's as shown by yujiro bleeding without musashi's sword and pickle not even being cut for the most part, yet when Musashi got his sword, even ultimate pickle's skin had a weakness which was exploited and was cut without the exploit severly regarldess, with multiple statements from Yujiro implying they are relative, and musashi being nearly equal to a serious pickle in physical strength, and pickle being equal with a semi serious yujiro physically. Musashi scaling to yujiro seems pretty consistent to me, and Musashi's consistent depiction of being above Baki also is relevant

Everyone seems to agree so far so that's good.

@Anttron

Yeah the sealing was a bit of a stretch but thought I'd add it just to see what opinions were.

Oh I almost forgot! Should we add Baki's Lightspeed Jab? It could be considered his fastest speed amp, amping his fist to the point to which Musashi couldn't even perceive a punch had been thrown

So a blitz on someone with Musashi's reaction speed (the weakness lies in catching the punch before he actually throws it

It was made pretty clear during their "fight" that Musashi never took baki seriously, took the hit on purpose and could have killed him on the spot, sorta like the motobe fight

Amlad22 said:
That seems acurrate as far as i'm aware. Limited Death manip doesn't feel right for me.

Has somebody asked any staff members yet?

@BakiHanma18

I may be mistaken as Baki Dou is my least knowledgeable of the Baki parts, but I think Musashi did in fact perceive Baki's punch but allowed it to hit him due to wanting to test his power. I'll double check rn though.

@Hykuu

The first fight was a stomp in Musashi's favour for sure, but Baki had never fought him before and was caught off guard by his abilities and fighting style such as the imaginary blades. He also wasn't using Demon Back. In the final fight, where Baki knew what he was up against, he nearly beat Musashi and forced him to go all out just like his father did.

@Antvasima

No but I will soon. I'm a bit busy with other things right now as well.

Amlad22 said:
@BakiHanma18

I may be mistaken as Baki Dou is my least knowledgeable of the Baki parts, but I think Musashi did in fact perceive Baki's punch but allowed it to hit him due to wanting to test his power. I'll double check rn though.
Same I'll check as well

He says "I wanted to know the affect your technique would have." But he also says "And before I could react, you hit me in the face." So how do we take that?

https://youtu.be/bVQLh-AfQiU

10:42 Musashi saying he was blitzed

10:54 Musashi implying he could've stopped it

I believe he's referring to what he ends up doing, stopping it by stopping the punch before it's thrown. The only reason he'd have to do that is if the punch itself blitzed him

Based on the showings of Musashi being able to stop barrages from Demon Back Baki I think he let himself get hit.

Amlad22 said:
Based on the showings of Musashi being able to stop barrages from Demon Back Baki I think he let himself get hit.
This might be a stretch, but it does align with Musashi's statement: is it possible that Baki's jab is a faster amp that a normal barrage from DB Baki? (Even Baki himself refers to it as the fastest move humanity has ever created)

I only push the point because I find it odd how Musashi chose to deal with the one he stopped. He didn't block it, dodge it, etc, he chose to stopping the punch before it was thrown, and the manga seemed to make a big deal out of that

Omg I just went back and finished watching the fight, and I know how Musashi stopped the jab: the jab DID blitz him, because he used 0.5 Second Unconsciousness on Baki to catch the hit

Musashi has an ability similar to 0.5 but much stronger. Baki and Yujiro simply have a 0.5 second opening to attack their enemies when they use it. Musashi can literally read his opponents mind and not only has the 0.5 seconds to react after reading their mind, but knows what they will do. It's similar but not the same.

Musashi essentially knew the jab was coming the entire time and had ample time to defend. Similar to his fights against Hanayama and Motobe, he simply choose not to.

But would that not be considered the only means in which Musashi could've reacted? Just like there's no way Baki could've blitzed Yujiro without 0.5, it seems to me that Musashi couldn't have reacted without his Super 0.5

0.5 is attacking someone in the 0.5 seconds in which they are unable to react.

Musashi's ability allows him to read the mind of his opponent and process their own thoughts 0.5 seconds quicker than they can.

Don't know if that clarified it better? Basically it's more mind reading than anything else

Back