• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Grappler Baki Powers and Abilities Revisions

I'm not even refering to its outlierish properties, mostly to the calc itself. If a calc group member gives a solid j/cc value for obsidian, it could yield more realistic results.

It was done before the maximum tourney. I don't think it ever states exactly how long ago.

In a discussion thread about 0.5 Seconds Unconsciousness, a point was brought up that it may be precog. Thoughts on adding precog to Baki and Yujiro? (Yujiro's Enhanced Sense pseudo precog is just with his normal sight, not 0.5)

Basically, it seems so similar to the aspect of precog war. I'll use an example from Kengan where Gensai and the Fang were analysizing each other and thinking ahead on how to counter. Or how Sen almost seems intangible whenever he's dodging.

With how the 0.5 second works, it seems to be intercepting an attack before it could happen or such, maximizing the shock factor. Most of of it is in the 0.5 discussion factor.

Imo this is better than 0.5 seconds anyway lol

Amlad22 said:
What exactly were the points for that?
As @Fortes mentions, it's described by Yujiro as (paraphrasing) learning the opponent's plan of attack and attacking before they finish doing what they're trying to do, like a line intersecting another line. Him and Baki were going to keep intersecting each other until Baki decided to counter with Hand Pocket

I have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message if you need my help later.

Seems to be based on the aspect that they know for sure they cannot win against him. Definitely applicable to certain characters but not so sure against those who are strong enough to actually go 1v1 against him.

No. It's implicit they didn't know that was Yujiro, or if they even knew who Yujiro was at all.

And i'm pretty sure "knowing you can't win against someone" isn't enough to make you do... that.

I'd say, just like his fear manip, it's linked to our instinctive subconscious + Yujiro's fear aura.

I mean, they literally look so outclassed lol Narration itself speaks heavily on how "They know they can't win". Like 0% chance.

I mean it's not just that of course. But it's a factor needed in there

They know they can't win, not because they know that is Yujiro (if they even know who Yujiro is at all) but rather thanks to his scary and animalistic aura that affects the soldier's instinctive subconscious into knowing they can't win.

KGiffoni said:
They know they can't win, not because they know that is Yujiro (if they even know who Yujiro is at all) but rather thanks to his scary and animalistic aura that affects the soldier's instinctive subconscious into knowing they can't win.

If you're telling me this is gonna work on any character, even if they have feats of being either stronger, or never caring for the odds, I'm gonna have severe doubts

No, of course i don't mean that, mainly because Yujiro's fear aura only worked like that on average joes. Still it's clear it succeeds at intimidating even the mightiest of martial artists of the verse.

I know he intimidates and causes fear to some martial artists, though they don't go crazy or that doesn't stop them from fighting, but aren't those guys just military soldiers on that link?

Yeah, that's right. What i said is that people who have enough psychological preparation won't receive this madness manipulation, but to the ones who don't, they will.

I think there's a stricter earthquake rule now, but first one looks great! Also gonna be rereading Baki from start to finish. This is gonna be a long journey lol

Indeed.

Baki tends to wrap you up tho. I think i readed it all in 4 days the first time i got to do so.

Do you mean all the series? Cause I'm gonna read them all and compile all feats I can get. Though still need to do that for Kengan and another franchise

I mean all the mangas, yeah. I never really watched the series, i only see clips on youtube from time to time.

Damn, well if that's the case I can probably do that by December maybe.

Same, watching stuff takes too much time nowadays. I honestly watch highlights of certain anime adaptations

I mean if we stick with the 8-C end it's consistent with his rating already so not much of an issue.

Rereading Baki Dou has brought something to my attention about Musashi. As we all know he has two keys. His base, and when he utilizes the full power of his two sword under heaven and no longer uses a weapon.

In his Base, Musashi is a glass canon. This has been discussed and I think it's pretty clear that his AP is only achieved with his swords. However this doesn't seem to be the case for his second key.

His second key essentially has him become the sword. He gains all the aspects of his swords but to an even higher level. Now the thing I realized is, shouldn't that apply to his durability as well? And the answer I think is yes.

Musashi has only revealed his true power twice. Once against DB Yujiro and once against DB Baki. Unlike his first key there is no indication of him being a glass cannon. He takes hits from DB Baki and is able to get up and keep fighting.

Overall I argue that Musashi should gain Town level, likely Town level+ durability in his second key due to taking attacks from DB Baki in their final fight. Thoughts?

Man all the stuff you guys are doing for Grappler Baki is insane. Thanks for doing this stuffs guys. Also found some neat stuff about Yujiro if you want to hear about it.

Back