• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magi's HDE Removal (Part 2 of ???? HDE Removals)

PrinceofPein

Username Only
This should be more straightforward. Magi characters like Sinbad and the other gods have HDE due to the fact that they are part of the god's hierarchy, a hierarchy that allows the higher god to view the lower god and his world as fiction and edit it as it seems fit. This is R>F difference and not HDE, so their HDE should be removed.
  • Simply viewing 3-dimensional objects, entities, or constructs as fiction does not qualify them as Higher-Dimensional, as they are still portrayed as regular 3-dimensional beings.
Agree: @Deagonx, @LephyrTheRevanchist
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, but like I said, seeing a lower reality as fiction and being able to modify it at your whims is a form of qualitative superiority.

But that's not the topic of this revision either way. It isn't HDE because it doesn't entail an additional spatial axis.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, but like I said, seeing a lower reality as fiction and being able to modify it at your whims is a form of qualitative superiority.
I will not say that here.
But that's not the topic of this revision either way. It isn't HDE because it doesn't entail an additional spatial axis.
I agree but an additional "spatial" axis is not always necessary. Additional axis is sufficient.

I suppose it could also be an additional temporal axis, but that's more esoteric and also a bit incoherent as a concept to me personally, so I say spatial for the sake of simplicity/brevity.

so with all these verses that are losing HDE, will given sufficient context they qualify for some sort of large size instead?

so with all these verses that are losing HDE, will given sufficient context they qualify for some sort of large size instead?
We might add a new ability to cover these cases or potentially even separate them into an HDE Type 2. But nothing is set in stone atm.

I suppose it could also be an additional temporal axis, but that's more esoteric and also a bit incoherent as a concept to me personally, so I say spatial for the sake of simplicity/brevity.
I call it direct +1 axis or +1 dimensional axis to avoid confusion. Anyway, I mustn't go off the rails

In fact this is because most verses are given HDE from to a "simple higher plane" or "R>F" without an any context, feat or statement. The HDE of verses without context goes away.

I for one am not knowledgeable on the god tiers in Magi so I cannot give any input, but I'd like if there are any Magi supporters around (doubt) who could give their input on the matter

Shouldn't dimensional manipulation also be removed? Dunno what will replace it. Maybe subjective reality?
I thought about it, but I do not know what fits it best. It is not subjective reality either.
Statistics manipulation and reduction e.t.c. Fits it more
But yes dimension Manipulation needs to go

This should be more straightforward. Magi characters like Sinbad and the other gods have HDE due to the fact that they are part of the god's hierarchy, a hierarchy that allows the higher god to view the lower god and his world as fiction and edit it as it seems fit. This is R>F difference and not HDE, so their HDE should be removed.

Agree: @Deagonx, @LephyrTheRevanchist
Neutral:
Disagree:
What.
You do realize we currently have HDE on the gods because we correlate the hierarchy of the gods to the higher dimensions and higher worlds right?

Can you show the scans indicating that the higher dimensions have increased spatiality compared to the lower ones?

TBH at worst for ppl with r>f replace HDE in profiles for r>f transcendence as an ability and make a page or something

Can you show the scans indicating that the higher dimensions have increased spatiality compared to the lower ones?
Actually, I can't be bothered to dig through all of magi just to find the stuff for this while also having to argue against pein, so I will just let pein do whatever, and if I ever get around to revising the verse, then sure I'll give scans for stuff then.

Actually, I can't be bothered to dig through all of magi just to find the stuff for this while also having to argue against pein, so I will just let pein do whatever, and if I ever get around to revising the verse, then sure I'll give scans for stuff then.
There were no indication for dimensionality tho

It was a simple infinite r>f hierarchy with an ability to alter the lower one at will.

Even the base universe has higher dimensions in it. Ugo uses "vector", which are just geometrical representations of something with length/magnitude and direction. The universe consists of the physical world, which is obviously 3D. Then on a higher dimension, exists the physical laws of the universe, as explained and demonstrated by Ugo's paper analogy. Even higher than that, is the spirit world, where Rukh exists.

Again, when Ugo is talking about the dimension of matter and souls, he refers to them as hyperspaces.

Also note in the first scan when Ugo is talking about higher dimensions, he uses it interchangeably with "world" when he refers to the "spirit world" as "that dimension", in the second instance he uses "hyperspace" to describe the same spirit dimension, so most likely when they say "higher world" in Magi, they mean higher dimension when taking into additional context of viewing lower worlds as fiction and controlling them as they desire.

Even the base universe has higher dimensions in it. Ugo uses "vector", which are just geometrical representations of something with length/magnitude and direction. The universe consists of the physical world, which is obviously 3D. Then on a higher dimension, exists the physical laws of the universe, as explained and demonstrated by Ugo's paper analogy. Even higher than that, is the spirit world, where Rukh exists.
This actually pretty solidly suggests that these higher dimensions aren't spatial.

Again, when Ugo is talking about the dimension of matter and souls, he refers to them as hyperspaces.
The word hyperspace by itself doesn't allow us to conclude higher spatial dimensions are involved.

Also note in the first scan when Ugo is talking about higher dimensions, he uses it interchangeably with "world" when he refers to the "spirit world" as "that dimension", in the second instance he uses "hyperspace" to describe the same spirit dimension, so most likely when they say "higher world" in Magi, they mean higher dimension when taking into additional context of viewing lower worlds as fiction and controlling them as they desire.
Literally none of this is talking about the hierarchy of gods, which is what is relevant here.
The term hyperspace is used to refer to the horizontal worlds which is not the hierarchy of gods to begin with and just different worlds within the same layer, point in case the fact they mention the dragons.
Also the spirit world is a world made of pure rukh and not a physical world, so either way none of your points are relevant to this revision. This is talking about the hierarchy of gods

Hold on, you already have two staff approvals; also they were from old standards, and now the standards has changed.
It is only you and me who are active supporters in this verse; I agree with it.

Do you still need more opinions?

Back