• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer, Dream, and Michael downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The Darkness is required for the Light to existence as a defined entity. Unless we are imagining that the Light randomly appeared for no reason, it's clear that the division between the Light and the Darkness was an action that the Presence took ("Let there be Light") to define himself as an existent being. There is no darkness without light, and vice versa.
Darkness was before Light, Light came after.

I am. Source isn't Source of their power, he only created connective energy, which isn't even all of Perpetua's powers. Why'd that mean they're inferior?
Perpetua says to her sons: "I hope to please the Source of our power" with regards to creating the multiverse.

Darkness was before Light, Light came after.
Unless we are imagining that the Light randomly appeared for no reason, it's clear that the division between the Light and the Darkness was an action that the Presence took ("Let there be Light") to define himself as an existent being. There is no darkness without light, and vice versa.

I already addressed this.

The scan says "The darkness screamed. This [caused a flaw] in the Light. In that instant, the multiverse was born."

The scream of the darkness resulted in the creation of the multiverse, Perpetua had nothing to do with it in the current canon.
Let's look at the quote. The scan clearly mentions how when the Great Darkness screamed, an imperceptible flaw was formed
This is a clear reference to this scan from Multiversity. They even used the same format and stuff.
And in Multiversity the flaw was clearly the Orrery, there's no reason that would change for the new canon. A flaw was formed in the Overvoid/Light, simple.

Now, after this, the JLI scan mentions the Multiverse being created, but "Multiverse" in DC doesn't necessarily refer to the Map, it can also refer to the Orrery. And going by the art which clearly shows just the universes, it's a pretty explicit reference at the infinite universes.

Moreover, the next scan mentions how Anti-Monitor wanted to destroy the Multiverse and AM only wanted to destroy the Orrery, not the whole map, definitively proving the reference to Orrery.

Why would we use an interpretation that conflicts what we already know?
It not only feels like it fits the story better, but the Empty Hand was stated in DC's website to credibly challenge Lucifer, and EH is just an aspect of TGD.

And in Multiversity the flaw was clearly the Orrery, there's no reason that would change for the new canon. A flaw was formed in the Overvoid/Light, simple.
Moreover, the next scan mentions how Anti-Monitor wanted to destroy the Multiverse and AM only wanted to destroy the Orrery, not the whole map, definitively proving the reference to Orrery.
To clarify, are you claiming that the universes themselves were made by the Darkness, but that the higher realms around it were added separately by Perpetua?

It not only feels like it fits the story better, but the Empty Hand was stated in DC's website to credibly challenge Lucifer, and EH is just an aspect of TGD.
When was this? Scan?

Lmaoo i'm dying rn imagine explaining something that obvious to someone in a debate.
With certain users I feel like I am constantly being asked to explain the simplest things to a painstaking degree, and it's just tiresome so I eventually start ignoring it. I know that level of nitpicking is never going to get a CRT approved, so why bother?

Destiny scales to the entirety of the Map anyway, not that Lúcifer should be scaled above Destiny, since even in the recent comics when he threatened Destiny to take away the book he was still bluffing, since it would be an ontological paradox to remove the human-like Destiny from the Book, since it is the book itself, ergo the entire of the cosmology.

Another thing that has to be removed is the: Destroyed Logos with a touch. Logos is the first word which sung all of existence into being.

Besides the fact that the former is not the Logoz, but rather a tower that connected to the Logoz that is creation itself, the Sefer Haziel, the true Logoz, is a power that only Timothy Hunter could attain, and is portrayed as something beyond and above any archangel, regardless of who it was.
I don't get any of your point. Aside from the point of contention on where 2018 Lucifer lies in relation to Carey's series, that is a very explicitly wingless and weakened Lucifer and I don't see where he is bluffing when Destiny asserts that yes perhaps Lucifer could destroy him.

The point regarding Logoz isn't any concrete either. The tower specifically has a room where God's words lie and the room is called the Logos. And in Spectre vol 4, Spectre himself is the Logoz. You will have to show why you think the Logoz surpasses any and all Archangels.

Let's look at the quote. The scan clearly mentions how when the Great Darkness screamed, an imperceptible flaw was formed
This is a clear reference to this scan from Multiversity. They even used the same format and stuff.

Now, after this, the JLI scan mentions the Multiverse being created, but "Multiverse" in DC doesn't necessarily refer to the Map, it can also refer to the Orrery. And going by the art which clearly shows just the universes, it's a pretty explicit reference at the infinite universes.

When the Flaw form in of the coming Multiverse. The other claim doesn't make sense with Perpetua. As the Flaw came it expanded into the Multiverse. Say it right after the form of that Flaw.

You have to explain, otherwise your claim gets dismissed via Hitchen's Razor.
You can dismiss any claims you want, but people refusing to explain basic things to you doesn't actually make them wrong, and saying things like "well how do we KNOW the Source is above it's Hands?" is not going to be convincing to any of the staff on this site, and you rarely/never apply that same level of skepticism to your own claims.

Yeah exactly. The infinite universes were created by TGD, but the higher realms like The Sphere, Limbo, Nil, etc were created by Perpetua.
This is nonsensical. It completely goes against Perpetua's storyline which showed her creating the actual multiverse itself. It is completely backwards to try and selectively cling to her involvement in specific aspects of creation when the most important part of it was clearly retconned to be by someone else.

This doesn't even mention the Empty Hand, and what page is this from?

Perpetua says to her sons: "I hope to please the Source of our power" with regards to creating the multiverse.
In the scan you're talking about, it's not referring to the Source as the source of her power but simply a reference to the entity.

If it was a reference to the literal source of her power, it wouldn't make sense how Perpetua would want to please it with her power as it would already know everything about her power
Unless we are imagining that the Light randomly appeared for no reason, it's clear that the division between the Light and the Darkness was an action that the Presence took ("Let there be Light") to define himself as an existent being. There is no darkness without light, and vice versa.
Darkness was before Light, and there are like 4 statements supporting this.

This is nonsensical. It completely goes against Perpetua's storyline which showed her creating the actual multiverse itself. It is completely backwards to try and selectively cling to her involvement in specific aspects of creation when the most important part of it was clearly retconned to be by someone else.
It's not nonsensical. Is it a contradiction to Perpetua's original storyline? Yes, but JLI #4 has been clear on TGD just creating the Orrery, meaning we retcon the part where she created the Orrery but don't retcon the part where she created everything else.
This doesn't even mention the Empty Hand
Yes but that can be deducted, as the entity from the OG Swamp Thing was confirmed to be EH.
and what page is this from?

In the scan you're talking about, it's not referring to the Source as the source of her power but simply a reference to the entity.
It literally says "the source of our power."

If it was a reference to the literal source of her power, it wouldn't make sense how Perpetua would want to please it with her power as it would already know everything about her power
She never said she was going to please it "with her power." She is trying to please the Source of her power by creating the multiverse.

Darkness was before Light, and there are like 4 statements supporting this.
You can keep repeating yourself if you want, I'll just do the same.

Tbh i don't see the point of this debate. This crt is basically about downgrading archangels and the Endless. I think Deagonx and i already have proved that Destiny's book contains everything in the Map, and Lucifer / Michael scales to the Map as Michael has power to destroy or renew the entire Creation and together they created a new Creation outside of the Map, and they're basically halves of Presence's power. So downgrade of archangels or the Endless won't happen until cosmology split.

It's not nonsensical. Is it a contradiction to Perpetua's original storyline? Yes, but JLI #4 has been clear on TGD just creating the Orrery, meaning we retcon the part where she created the Orrery but don't retcon the part where she created everything else.
You can claim this if you want, but no, I think it's absolute nonsense. Her storyline as the creator of the multiverse was retconned. Trying to claim that she still created all the other realms makes no sense. That line of argument is not reasonable and will never get accepted here.

Yes but that can be deducted, as the entity from the OG Swamp Thing was confirmed to be EH.
No, it wasn't. It was the Great Darkness. The EH was not a separate distinct entity until later. The conversations the Great Darkness had with Swamp Thing, the Spectre, et cetera, were not the Empty Hand.

Even this page doesn't describe the matter from the perspective of the Great Darkness vs Lucifer, it says Hell was divided, which is what challenged Lucifer's dominion, but that other storylines actually regarded it as being the First of the Fallen.

Tbh i don't see the point of this debate. This crt is basically about downgrading archangels and the Endless. I think Deagonx and i already have proved that Destiny's book contains everything in the Map, and Lucifer / Michael scales to the Map as Michael has power to destroy or renew the entire Creation and together they created a new Creation outside of the Map, and they're basically halves of Presence's power. So downgrade of archangels or the Endless won't happen until cosmology split.
Again, why exactly does "creation" in Vertigo refer to all of Map? Unless you're implying that Multiverse always refers to Map, which doesn't make sense, since Orrery has been referred as Multiverse as well.

From your perspective you proved it, from mine you haven't.
I think Deagonx and i already have proved that Destiny's book contains everything in the Map
And I responded to it
and Lucifer / Michael scales to the Map as Michael has power to destroy or renew the entire Creation
This itself brings a problem. Michael was stated to be able to renew atoms of creation but atoms don't exist all the way up in Limbo and Nil.
they created a new Creation outside of the Map
They didn't but even if they did, why would this make them 1-A?
and they're basically halves of Presence's powe
There's a distinction between Yahweh and the Divine Presence. Additionally, Lucifer's statement seems to more imply that Presence gave each of them powers as great as Presence's own, instead of giving half the power. Plus Lucifer in literally the next sentence stated that the Presence prohibited him from actually using that power.

It wasn't. Everyone just said "Vertigo's creations refers to different universes or multiverse". That's not valid proof.
My point is that "universe" in Vertigo means the entire Multiversity Map as it was stated multiple times that Destiny's book contains "universe" and from designer's statement and the map itself we know that Destiny records everything in the Map not just Orrery of Sphere of the Gods.
Stop misrepresenting the discussion to ask for the same evidence over and over and over again. It's pointless. LuciferDC099 explained his reasoning and I also explained mine.

You can claim this if you want, but no, I think it's absolute nonsense. Her storyline as the creator of the multiverse was retconned. Trying to claim that she still created all the other realms makes no sense. That line of argument is not reasonable and will never get accepted here.
What? Saying it is nonsense is not an argument. You will have to explain it and address my argument.
No, it wasn't. It was the Great Darkness. The EH was not a separate distinct entity until later.
EH wasn't a distinct entity but the hand still kept the power he eventually got from when in the future he became EH. Their power levels are the same, and JL dark confirmed only a sliver of TGD was there in Swamp Thing.
Even this page doesn't describe the matter from the perspective of the Great Darkness vs Lucifer, it says Hell was divided, which is what challenged Lucifer's dominion, but that other storylines actually regarded it as being the First of the Fallen.
No, check again, Hell being divided into 3 rulers resulted due to EH.

From your perspective you proved it, from mine you haven't.

And I responded to it

This itself brings a problem. Michael was stated to be able to renew atoms of creation but atoms don't exist all the way up in Limbo and Nil.

They didn't but even if they did, why would this make them 1-A?

There's a distinction between Yahweh and the Divine Presence. Additionally, Lucifer's statement seems to more imply that Presence gave each of them powers as great as Presence's own, instead of giving half the power. Plus Lucifer in literally the next sentence stated that the Presence prohibited him from actually using that power.
Atoms aren’t literal its saying his renewing the lowest level of reality to shape up Creation. The Atoms are of convenience, not direct manner.

Again, why exactly does "creation" in Vertigo refer to all of Map? Unless you're implying that Multiverse always refers to Map, which doesn't make sense, since Orrery has been referred as Multiverse as well.
Oh, here we go again.

1) Destiny's book contains the entire Map.

2) In Vertigo it was stated that Destiny's book contains universe or creation.

3) So this means if someone talks about the universe inside of Destiny's book they mean the entire Map.

4) Lucifer's Creation is beyond Destiny's book.

5) So Lucifer and Michael together created an entire new Creation which is outside of the Map. Also Lucifer tanked the explosion which created that new Creation easily.

6) Michael renewed every moment of Presence's Creation which is the entire Map as Destiny's book contains the entire map.

It's insane that some people can't understand something that obvious.

What? Saying it is nonsense is not an argument. You will have to explain it and address my argument.

EH wasn't a distinct entity but the hand still kept the power he eventually got from when in the future he became EH. Their power levels are the same, and JL dark confirmed only a sliver of TGD was there in Swamp Thing.

The Hand is of the EH being symbolic to his hand being filled. The Darkness was the one fighting the Dark. In JLI #4 we see the pact between them and the scan underneath was the Hand of the Darkness. It's pure symbolism since he was only there for the pact. GEB and Great Darkness are the same there is no distinction. Since all of them including the Empty Hand is avatars.

No, I genuinely don't. You can say it till you are blue in the face, but it will not be accepted as reasonable. Perpetua was dispatched to create a multiverse, which includes the universes. The storyline predominantly concerned itself with the physical universes that Perpetua and her sons were responsible for. Her "false" Multiverse involved creating universes which had warriors so she could try and fight the Hands. She destroyed the universes one by one in the storyline to recreate the multiverse anew.

Separating the physical universes from Perpetua, but trying to still hold her responsible for the other aspects of the multiverse, flies completely in the face of her roles in the story which has clearly been retconned. It's mental gymnastics, and you can cling to it as much as you want, but it will never be accepted by staff or other knowledgeable members.

The entity in Swamp Thing was the entire Great Darkness, that was the point of the story. The JL Dark "sliver" thing was based on an iteration of the Great Darkness which no longer exists and was itself a giant retcon. They stopped referring to it as the Great Darkness later in the story.

Except it wasn't the Empty Hand, that's not even in the article, which is just some random article on the DC website by someone who isn't even an author, and the reading of the texts suggest the challenge to Lucifer's dominion was because Hell was divided on how to respond. None of that actually contradicts what the story said about Lucifer and TGD.

Where was this stated? When the scan says atoms there's no reason to assume it's not literal.
How is it literal if Speed Force Wall is limit to the matter? So you're saying that Presence didn't create anything beyond the Orrery even though Destiny's book contains everything in the Map of the Multiverse? Even Heaven and Hell are metaphysical realms...

This thread is just on another level lmao.

Where was this stated? When the scan says atoms there's no reason to assume it's not literal.
In that same manner renewing atoms was remewing Creation. Everything in Creation aren't physical like “Sour, Flavor, Emotion” he was renewing everything. Atoms, we're for the physical structure. He was renewing abstract, raw concepts and Yahweh Creation is infinite, since it already been at least a couple of days as Lucifer mentioned it would take at most a week. His working on each level.

The Hand is of the EH being symbolic to his hand being filled.
I don't get what you mean here?
The Darkness was the one fighting the Dark.
When did the Darkness fight itself?
. In JLI #4 we see the pact between them and the scan underneath was the Hand of the Darkness. It's pure symbolism since he was only there for the pact.
What symbolism exists here? He was never stated to be only there for the pact, he was just the hand TGD used for the pact.
GEB and Great Darkness are the same there is no distinction.
GEB isn't real.

That was a typo I meant to say the Dark was fighting the Light. Empty Hand is his right hand when you make a deal even if you left-handed you use your right. His specifically there only for the deal. It can be argued the Hand was his which became the Empty Hand which is his avatar and in that notion still the extension of the Darkness. The threat was the Darkness, not the Empty Hand.
I don't get what you mean here?

When did the Darkness fight itself?

What symbolism exists here? He was never stated to be only there for the pact, he was just the hand TGD used for the pact.

GEB isn't real

The threat was the Darkness, not the Empty Hand.
+1. Trying to interpret the Swamp Thing storyline as being just the Empty Hand is incompatible with the point of the story. He just shook hands with the Light when they made a truce, that hand later became "the Empty Hand."

We're only discussing the Empty Hand at all because of some blog post on the DC website that is being taken out of context. The actual comics asserted that Lucifer was the Great Darkness, and was the "perfect darkness" to the Presence's "perfect light" and is required to give his light definition. This is aligned perfectly with the relationship between the Light and the Darkness in Williamson's storyline.

No, I genuinely don't. You can say it till you are blue in the face, but
That's the literal definition of Argument from Incredulity.
Perpetua was dispatched to create a multiverse, which includes the universes.
Actually no. The universes were created by the World Forger.
The storyline predominantly concerned itself with the physical universes that Perpetua and her sons were responsible for. Her "false" Multiverse involved creating universes which had warriors so she could try and fight the Hands. She destroyed the universes one by one in the storyline to recreate the multiverse anew.
Why is whether she was destroying the universes one-by-one later in the storyline relevant? That happened wayyy after TGD stuff.
Separating the physical universes from Perpetua, but trying to still hold her responsible for the other aspects of the multiverse, flies completely in the face of her roles in the story which has clearly been retconned.
In that case you will have to explain who created the other realms, because TGD surely didn't, unless you are claiming the flaw=map, the other realms look similar to normal universes, and that AM was destroying the whole map.

How is it literal if Speed Force Wall is limit to the matter? So you're saying that Presence didn't create anything beyond the Orrery even though Destiny's book contains everything in the Map of the Multiverse? Even Heaven and Hell are metaphysical realms...
The Presence didn't create anything, everything related to that was retconned.

Actually no. The universes were created by the World Forger.
That does not change anything about what I have said. And clearly he is no longer responsible for them.

Why is whether she was destroying the universes one-by-one later in the storyline relevant? That happened wayyy after TGD stuff.
The point is that her role in the storyline is intrinsically linked to the physical universes. Removing that yet trying to maintain her role in other aspects makes no sense, she was dispatched by the Source to create a multiverse. Now, she didn't create a multiverse. Why would she still be responsible for the rest of it?

In that case you will have to explain who created the other realms, because TGD surely didn't, unless you are claiming the flaw=map, the other realms look similar to normal universes, and that AM was destroying the whole map.
Prior to the introduction of Perpetua, who created them?

The Presence didn't create anything, everything related to that was retconned.
He is literally in charge of the Supercelestials. His role only became even higher. Lucifer still scales to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back