• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament losers bracket Round 1, Match 1 Garou vs Midnigh

Tournament
Garou (One Punch Man) (@XSOULOFCINDERX) vs Midnight (Macbeth) (Fairy Tail) (@Zackra1799)
Rules: Equal speed, Low 7-B versions location is Osohe Castle

Quick plot: After long fight, Garou has fallen against hands of Akame, suddenly after some time, he got awakened like some mysterious forces have revived him at that time, storm approached island and Garou decides to go to the steps of Akame which she leaved, at that time Midnight saw a battle between Ultear against Blade and SCP 3700-1 against Akame, he decides to retreat to other place, in a way, both Garou and Midnight entered the castle where both met, and seeing situation so far, both expected trouble from everyone. Since there's not time left, they're decideв to fight to the death.

Garou:

Midnight:

Inconclusive:

What's stopping midnight from using Reflector and binding Garou with his 117x LS advantage and eventually crushing him to death.

Wait now we using lifting strength what aaaa pain. It’s clothes I’m pretty sure Garou can rip his own clothes that are binding him with his cutting martial arts. Since I’m pretty sure he won’t mind fighting naked he can just jump Midnight after that, and Reflector defense would be kinda useless for catching those hands. Even if he somehow is caught by illusions, Instinctive Reactions allow him to move his body autonomously to avoid attacks and clap Macbeth right away afterwards.

Wait now we using lifting strength what aaaa pain. It’s clothes I’m pretty sure Garou can rip his own clothes that are binding him with his cutting martial arts.
He wouldn't even be able to move while being crushed by 100x his LS let alone perform martial arts. Midnight's magic warps space allowing him to bend objects in ways that aren't physically possible such as rapidly stretching metal without is breaking, he would have to overcome the magic's LS similar to what Erza did to break free as it would have been much easier to dispel her armor rather than breaking it.
Since I’m pretty sure he won’t mind fighting naked he can just jump Midnight after that, and Reflector defense would be kinda useless for catching those hands.
Against a h2h fighter like Garou, yeah reflector's Defense is kinda useless, however that just means he can focus all on attack and keeping his distance which he should be able to given his range advantage and can spawn giant area's of razor sharp wind on Garou halting any forward progress given midnight has a 2x AP advantage here.
Even if he somehow is caught by illusions, Instinctive Reactions allow him to move his body autonomously to avoid attacks and clap Macbeth right away afterwards.
Instinctive reaction is only as effective of one's senses, and in comparison to senses that Midnight has fooled in the past, Garou's sense feats are pretty weak by comparison:

Enhanced Senses (Abandonment requires keen eyesight. Determined that Blue Fire used a concealed flamethrower from a distance, tracked Golden Ball's hands in a dark alleyway and adjusted his eyes to expertly evade and counter small projectiles in darkness. Claimed that his senses have become sharper than ever upon encountering King)

Sensing things in darkness is nothing special, neither is the flamethrower stuff. Hoteye for example allows him to see through objects, and had prior knowledge about said illusions but still was fooled by them, they also fooled Jellal who could sense everything happening in the tower of Heaven which is a multi kilometer structure, that's far better than anything human Garou has shown with his sense's before. Now it's possible that Garou could eventually adapt to this, however he doesn't have a reliable way around bind. Midnight could easily start cutting Garou up with air while he's helpless on the ground being crushed by his own clothing.

With that being said, voting midnight for these reasons.

Garou’s clothes are… Regular clothes am I correct? They can easily be destroyed from just one of Midnight’s attacks- much like how he broke Erza’s armor in one attack (Spiral Pain, if I recall correctly). Midnight would basically get one shot and that’s it.

I’m not quite sure Instinctive Reaction relies on senses or not because it seriously varies between franchises, like Saber‘s for example is not reliant on any senses- so- I don’t really know. Even still, when he’s past bind from Midnight’s own attack, he can, well yeah… adapt.

Garou’s clothes are… Regular clothes am I correct? They can easily be destroyed from just one of Midnight’s attacks- much like how he broke Erza’s armor in one attack (Spiral Pain, if I recall correctly). Midnight would basically get one shot and that’s it.
said oneshot would seriously damage Garou as he would be helpless to defend himself from said attack, however midnight doesn't even lead with spiral pain + bind, he typically just crushes his opponents first then attacks them once their weakened to do maximize damage like he originally did against Erza, Garou would get basically crushed first then cut up by spiral pain. He would basically get the royal ripper treatment except worse because he would have his body being crushed at the same time
I’m not quite sure Instinctive Reaction relies on senses or not because it seriously varies between franchises, like Saber‘s for example is not reliant on any senses- so- I don’t really know. Even still, when he’s past bind from Midnight’s own attack, he can, well yeah… adapt.
Garou's instinctive reaction is pretty generic, its the "he can dodge attacks just by instinct", but its pretty weak as he's been tagged far less skilled hero's in this key.

You know it would be funny if in the loser's bracket both Midnight and Ultear make it to the Loser's Finals and fight each other once again

I feel like this is a mid-diff Midnight fight due to Illusions and Ranged attack spam, but maybe not if Garou could counter illusions and ranged attacks.

Garou would have to close the distance between them both for him to be effective at all whilst, Midnight can hide via illusions and attack spam.

So your argument is that the bind + spiral pain would one shot before Garou would even get the chance huh… But Garou’s pain resist is impressive, if he does manage to adapt, then Midnight is in trouble, especially with Rage Power

So your argument is that the bind + spiral pain would one shot before Garou would even get the chance huh… But Garou’s pain resist is impressive, if he does manage to adapt, then Midnight is in trouble, especially with Rage Power
Sort of, midnight would bind garou, as that's his leading move, and crush him for however long he sees fit then finishes the job with spiral pain. Having the AP and a massive LS advantage basically means Midnight can crush his bones and internals pretty quickly, and while Garou may be able to withstand alot of punishment, he isn't nearly as durable like his half monster form is and still has limits to how much he can take before being put down.

Yeah (but change bind to illusions), pretty much because as far as I remember Garou lacks the range to be a real threat due to Midnight with what I assume the starting distance to be. I am not sure if his instincts and adaption would really help against Midnight's abilities but I could be wrong.

I am voting Midnight for the reasons that I stated, I have a feeling that Garou won't be getting close that easily

Back