• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament Round 1, Match 2. Tony Tony Chopper vs Midnight

okay Midnight is really advantaged here

Chopper fight with hand to hand so he won't directly being attacked by Reflector

however the match is at a beach if Chopper fall in the sea or better Midnight will use Reflector on the sea to hit Chopper its over

i vote Midnight

Cant chopper just throw hands with Midnight, he even has the upper hand in that with Underground Mobility. Reflector won't work against the hands

Cant chopper just throw hands with Midnight, he even has the upper hand in that with Underground Mobility. Reflector won't work against the hands
What can Chopper do about Illusion creation, flight, and invisibility?

Also what's chopper's LS because Midnight loves to bind the enemy with whatever clothing or armor they have on them.

I don't know much about One Piece since I'm legit just working with the profiles lol

Anyways, Illusions are simple, they're visual only. The man is an actual animal, enhanced senses

I don't remember flight from the scene I watched (Erza vs Midnight, first fight I think)- but Large Size can help with that to get in range

Also the guy is a genius I don't think he wanna stay close to the water- and can work well enough around it

So chopper has higher LS too

Also, from what I remember at the Midnight battle, he sort of does his moves in phases, he starts with like, standing there doing the accelerator thing, then starts using attacks, then starts doing illusions (mind you he's twisting things to like, do illusions, and apparently he can only twist one thing at a time so if does that and gets caught by enhanced senses he gets these hands)

since Midnight will understand that Chopper will fight unarmed he probably use reflector to the air or even the sand or the sea to hit Chopper if he use the sea for Chopper is over

that is what i think

I don't know much about One Piece since I'm legit just working with the profiles lol

Anyways, Illusions are simple, they're visual only. The man is an actual animal, enhanced senses

I don't remember flight from the scene I watched (Erza vs Midnight, first fight I think)- but Large Size can help with that to get in range

Also the guy is a genius I don't think he wanna stay close to the water- and can work well enough around it
His illusions fool the senses as characters like Jellal, someone who could sense everything happening on the tower of heaven which is a multi kilometer structure and has Genius intelligence on top of that, Hoteye who has omni direction sight that can see through objects, and Gray who also has enhanced senses.

His flight is from his carpet, which can't go very high, but it would allow him to camp over the water

Invisibility is a by product of his illusion creation

His illusions fool the senses as characters like Jellal, someone who could sense everything happening on the tower of heaven which is a multi kilometer structure and has Genius intelligence on top of that, Hoteye who has omni direction sight that can see through objects, and Gray who also has enhanced senses.

His flight is from his carpet, which can't go very high, but it would allow him to camp over the water

Invisibility is a by product of his illusion creation
ehm the profile say that is cause by reflecting light

Sorry for yet another reply in a damn row, but let's say Midnight does flight over the water

Well okay Tony just walks away and minds his own business if Midnight isnt gonna fight, after all, in the plot Midnight seems to start it

And even with this disregarded, just go Underground for years and nothing will ever happen since no one is fighting

In the profile, it says visual- so is it more than that? The guy is an animal, probs doesn't rely on just sight, doesn't matter how good it is against Jellal's sight or whatever if it's only sight based

Again, if Midnight is just gonna use reflector, lol I guess he isn't attacking. If he's over the water and starts camping Chopper can just... Dig... And... Dip... Or just stay there.... And then they're both just sitting there until one gets hungry and goes away

Lol midnight don't even have a stamina section that's saying something

Again, if Midnight is just gonna use reflector, lol I guess he isn't attacking. If he's over the water and starts camping Chopper can just... Dig... And... Dip
Reflector has offensive aspects as well which he can use from hundreds of meters away so he can be above the water and just spaming ranged attacks at chopper until he goes down.
In the profile, it says visual- so is it more than that? The guy is an animal, probs doesn't rely on just sight, doesn't matter how good it is against Jellal's sight or whatever if it's only sight based
Every mage in FT has Extrasensory perception and alot of them have enhanced senses which scales to midnights illusion as he can fool characters who have them so enhanced sense aren't enough to counter his illusions. It refracting light is only the application that is used to create said illusions

Again, if Midnight is just gonna use reflector, lol I guess he isn't attacking. If he's over the water and starts camping Chopper can just... Dig... And... Dip... Or just stay there.... And then they're both just sitting there until one gets hungry and goes away

Lol midnight don't even have a stamina section that's saying something

Yes he can, when Chopper is underground? I don’t think so brooo

also like, question, he does actually fight in phases right, he doesn’t start with illusions?

But also, again, Illusions require to twist the light of other environments and stuff, so that means he can’t use Reflector right? (Cuz I recall Erza blasting him as soon as he did it with a weapon)

Yes he can, when Chopper is underground? I don’t think so brooo

also like, question, he does actually fight in phases right, he doesn’t start with illusions?
his magic warps space on non humans so attacking through ground is effortless for him

Umm, he leads with Either bind or illusions in this key

But also, again, Illusions require to twist the light of other environments and stuff, so that means he can’t use Reflector right? (Cuz I recall Erza blasting him as soon as he did it with a weapon)
he can attack and create illusions simultaneously, he just can't attack and defend with reflector at the same time, but it doesn't matter here given Chopper uses punches.

Huh, swore I saw the fight go from Defense -> Bind -> Illusion

oh, Illusions doesn’t come from Reflector? Thought it was a “only twist one thing at a time” kind of deal, how did Erza hit him with the Spear during the illusion?

Would floating over the water even matter so much? The water at a beach is usually not very deep. I think monster point chopper could just stand in it?

Huh, swore I saw the fight go from Defense -> Bind -> Illusion

oh, Illusions doesn’t come from Reflector? Thought it was a “only twist one thing at a time” kind of deal, how did Erza hit him with the Spear during the illusion?
he wouldn't go for defense as chopper is a physical fighter, Bind would be useless here because higher LS but the range difference is vast so it wouldn't be an issue, so he would go for illsuions.

Illusions come from Relfector but attacking and Illusions can just be done simultaneously, Erza hit him because she has resistance to illusions and hit him while he was going for an attack.

depends on how deep you go into the beach, if you’re just go like. A few meter, bruh that’s not much, but if you go deep into the ocean, well I guess we aren’t fighting anymore

Would floating over the water even matter so much? The water at a beach is usually not very deep. I think monster point chopper could just stand in it?
Midnight can use reflector hundreds of meters away which would put him at a decent ocean depth, so it's entirely possible for him to camp there and spam attacks if he realizes choppers weakness of water.

If he realizes it, does he even start on the carpet? From what I remember he was on the ground for all of the fight against Erza

If he realizes it, does he even start on the carpet? From what I remember he was on the ground for all of the fight against Erza
He didn't have the carpet in that fight, but it is part of his standard equipment so he would have it here. He used in in the initial confrontation with Fairy Tail

Midnight can use reflector hundreds of meters away which would put him at a decent ocean depth, so it's entirely possible for him to camp there and spam attacks if he realizes choppers weakness of water.
That's assuming Midnight is in-character willing to use a strategy where he moves very far away from chopper and... well, if he does that chopper can just move further into the land away from the ocean in turn, no?

The thing is that Midnight doesn’t know the weakness to Tony being water, and on land he just gets those hands

I think should also be noted is that would be in character for midnight to go over water, cause he don't know about devil fruit weaknesses.

Also @Imouto-tan should probably be "@" as he also suggester character.

That's assuming Midnight is in-character willing to use a strategy where he moves very far away from chopper and... well, if he does that chopper can just move further into the land away from the ocean in turn, no?
Midnight is primarily a ranged fighter in this key as he never initiates close quarters combat as that could put him at risk against CQC fighters, he's also the type of guy who takes cheap shots and blind siding people by faking trying to hide and faking injuries on himself with illsuions just to get the upperhand.

Man I swear enhanced senses should work, it’s not like it’s the same as Extrasensory Perception, why do artificial eyes work but not like… a nose

Man I swear enhanced senses should work, it’s not like it’s the same as Extrasensory Perception, why do artificial eyes work but not like… a nose
because as I've mentioned he's fooled characters with enhanced senses before with his illusions

Midnight can just spawn attacks on chopper out of his range such as razor sharp wind endlessly with reflector until chopper goes down anyways

Enhanced Senses that were based on sight right?
Nope, Gray has enhanced hearing, smell and reflexes, and was fooled by the illusions, same goes for several other characters, Hoteye for example has enhanced sight which failed to see through the illusions as well.

Back