• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-B tournament Round 1, Match 2. Tony Tony Chopper vs Midnight

Oh no… she’s back…RUNN!!
tenor.gif
i miss you too man

It's not really in-character for Chopper to just tank everything in Guard Point and stonewall the fight, besides the fact he cannot attack while in that form and would just tire himself out in the long run.

If the Monster Point ends becoming 6-B, then it can be restricted, it's allowed by the rules.

i don't think that matter anyway cause if Midnight will use the sea water guard point would be useless

i don't think that matter anyway cause if Midnight will use the sea water guard point would be useless
He wouldn’t know it a weakness… and other wise it would be incon since both can’t fight each other.

That is the Monster Point, of course it can attack, I referred to the Guard Point, which is used to only block attacks, which is incredibly useful, but Chopper doesn't stonewall opponents with it.

He wouldn’t know it a weakness… and other wise it would be incon since both can’t fight each other.
infact this is just a theory it can happen anything in a match but since Midnight can't use the reflector direclty on Chopper will use to the environment

I don't see what you are trying to say honestly, Guard Point can shield Chopper, but he can't attack while in that form and stonewalling a fight with it is both out of character and useless, as Chopper would just tire and stand still, unable to reply.
On the other side the Monster Point boosts both his defense and attack, and he can fight while in that form.

It’s incredibly in character for chopper to change and switch forms depending on the attack/situation.

Where in the world did you get that chopper doesn’t use guard point to defend.

And nobody argued that he would just stone wall stop strawmaning. I argued he would change form and tank the attacks then switch back and use a form that boosts his ap to attack.

Also chopper doesn’t use any stamina just being in a form.
Can switch seamlessly and fast. Chopper switches between multiple forms to avoid and dodge attacks and tanks the ones he cant in guard point.
Literally ^ also are we just going to ignore brain point? Can have access to all the weak points of a character and has amazing analysis.

Chopper wins easily if not stomps

It’s incredibly in character for chopper to change and switch forms depending on the attack/situation.

Where in the world did you get that chopper doesn’t use guard point to defend.
I never said he doesn't use it to defend, I said he doesn't use it to attack.

And nobody argued that he would just stone wall stop strawmaning. I argued he would change form and tank the attacks then switch back and use a form that boosts his ap to attack.

Also chopper doesn’t use any stamina just being in a form.
I don't get why are you taking the idea I'm strawmaning, but whatever. It was to say it's not a stomp just because of the Guard Point, and Chopper still got hurt plenty of times despite having it, he can quickly switch but it's not automatic. It's a very useful ability but far from granting victory all the times. He obviously loses stamina as a living being, not because of the forms, my point is that just having the Guard Point doesn't mean he now blocks every single attack or just stands there invincible.

Imho, the fight is still fair even with the Guard Point.

So what’s ur own take tho Sam? Midnight looks to have the advantage aside from what Josh is saying which puts me on the fence as to who actually takes it. From the looks of it Chopper can still give those hands if he gets close

i still think that since Midnight realize that Chopper will fight barehanded he will use the reflector on the environmment like tha air and most importantly since the place is a beach the sea's water that Chopper is weak for and win

But at the same time will he go for that in character? It would be more likely to use attacks like Spiral Pain, etc. before then

Xenovia seems a bit glass cannon, Ciel should be a 6-C so she's out, Ayaka from Instant Death? Absolute nope!

Ultear real problem is her time reverse, outside that maybe she's fine

So, overall the choice should be Ultear?
If she fought midnight then probably she's not good choice.

Well, to make everything fair I want to give choice to you.
Ultear seems fine from characters you picked.
The only question is does she fought midnight before?

I will just use Touta because he seems closer in power to Midnight I guess because I feel that Ultear would be stronger due to being fought later in the story (you know? Power Creep, well that and the fact her H2H feats are better than Midnight's own. Ultear would also be smart enough to figure out that he can only focus on one thing at a time while using his magic.

I.e. if he decides to choke her out, she would use her orbs to attack him, if he reflects objects/magic around himself, he cannot choke her and would be vulnerable to physical combat.

Also, Remember he decided to let Erza fight a bit longer (so that he could enjoy himself) and because of that she gained knowledge of his abilities, and then we have the fact that illusions don't work on her. Therefore I would think that it would be in character for him to do the same thing here because he isn't bloodlusted and again lose being that she is Smarter than both Midnight and Erza tactics-wise and has the better H2H feats of the two

In conclusion, Ultear would mid-diff this fight as I can see her just snapping Midnight's neck with a leg lock.)

Last edited:
Nope, while it's conceivable that they new about each other because of the Balam Alliance, they never fought in the verse. I don't think they were ever even on panel before either.

I will just use Touta because he seems closer in power to Midnight I guess because I feel that Ultear would be stronger due to being fought later in the story (you know? Power Creep).
Ultear is actually comparable to midnight as they share comparable feats, but that's fine.

Ok I think I'll make another thread with them fighting cause this thread is already have like 100 replies about Chopper vs Midnight, imagine someone reading this later.

Ultear is actually comparable to midnight as they share comparable feats, but that's fine.
I don't think that Midnight is that comparable feat-wise as Ultear fought both Natsu and Grey long after they fought Midnight's group meaning that in between they've fought other strong opponents especially seeing as they were both taking the S-Class exam at the time. Where I am going with this she fought two of the stronger Team Natsu members and sure she lose to Grey, but she still did a lot better than the ****** who screwed himself over due to wanting to enjoy the fight more.

So Ultear vs Midnight?
Touta seems character imouto requested so Touta vs Midnight but not on this thread.
Cause it's already about Chopper vs Midnight and changing topic after so much coments about this fight wouldn't be comfortable for the one who will read it later in notable wins/loses section.

I don't think that Midnight is that comparable feat-wise as Ultear fought both Natsu and Grey long after they fought Midnight's group meaning that in between they've fought other strong opponents especially seeing as they were both taking the S-Class exam at the time. Where I am going with this she fought two of the stronger Team Natsu members and sure she lose to Grey, but she still did a lot better than the ****** who screwed himself over due to wanting to enjoy the fight more.
the timeframe between the Seis arc and Tenrou island arc is only like a couple of weeks at best given Edolas happened right after the Seis arc, so any boost in power wouldn't be that massive. Heck, Ultear herself stated that she needed 50% of her strength just to fight Galuna Island Natsu which is the second arc of the series and many arcs before the Seis and Tenro arcs, so any AP difference is marginal at best and doesn't change the battle given both characters have decent hax.

the timeframe between the Seis arc and Tenrou island arc is only like a couple of weeks at best given Edolas happened right after the Seis arc, so any boost in power wouldn't be that massive. Heck, Ultear herself stated that she needed 50% of her strength just to fight Galuna Island Natsu which is the second arc of the series and many arcs before the Seis and Tenro arcs, so any AP difference is marginal at best and doesn't change the battle given both characters have decent hax.
That is actually a fair point, but not exactly helping Midnight win the fight as Ultear would have better H2H feats and would have a way to harm him similarly to Erza due to Parallel Worlds + Flash Forward combo and Sword that she can summon, Macbeth plays with his food is in character so it is not like he'd go for the kill immediately even if he had the chance. She is also a smarter fighter and more tactfully sound than he was especially seeing as he falls in the same trap as almost all Illusion/ultimate defense users - he banks on his illusions and defenses to win his fights.

Any way Ultear stars with Parallel Worlds + Flash Forward he would be SoL due to it surrounding the general area where he was when the attack initiated and no amount of Illusions would counter that so he would be forced to defend himself from the Orbs, which would then allow Ultear to close the distance and H2H him GG.

Back