• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with the verse so I can't comment on how literal it may be, but I'm just saying that it's not quite as direct as being called "infinite" directly.

It could still be valid, there are cases where endless has been accepted as infinite, I just wanted to point it out for others.

Neutral on the CRT as a whole.
Post in thread 'Endless = Infinite ?'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/endless-infinite.138103/post-4846719

You are correct on that regard

“The atmosphere is a mixture of heat and cold, and the earth is a poisonous place. "The distorted space-time turns a minute of time into a year." "The senses are irrelevant, and the only thing we can rely on is our sixth sense." "The land of chaos where the souls of the departed and monsters roam the land in search of prey." "Destroy the flesh of the living, and open up the body of the dead." The souls of the dead are corrupted and invaded.”

That isn’t a indication it is created by Chaos per se.
I pointed out the used kanji and explained why it would be creation

Ugh, ******* hell, this is giving me a headache.

After reading the arguments up to now, yeah, disagree with this CRT. Besides the fact that we have no direct statement of Chaos creating Purgatory, it being called a "land of chaos" is literally just referring to how hectic, crazy, and disordered Purgatory as a whole is.

And I swear to ****, if I'm just going to be told to "read the translations" by one of y'all, even when I have read them, I'm gonna dip from this thread.
It is i gave the explanation about the panel

The Kanji used for Chaos as an entity is in the panel that’s why We took some context i’ll show you how his name is written here
「魂を砕かれし亡者と 化け物が獲物を求め 跋扈する混沌の国」

I translated the sentence and explained why the japanese sentence lead to the creation feat conclusion i corrected Mitch about what he said And gave two exemples one originating from a Japanese dictionary and one from NNT in itself

Irrelevant, I'm disagreeing right in this moment
Why?
You think disagreeing with upgrading a character to Low 2-C cause it's based on false and loose information is nitpicking?
Not a single piece of information provided was "false" in nature. You're free to interpret something however you like, but that doesn't mean you get to call it false when you don't agree with something.
Yeah you keep saying this... When it's literally never stated... Like are you guys not reading what I'm saying>
Yes it was.
Irrelevant, should have never been on his profile to begin with
The fact that Chaos is already credited as creating Purgatory on this wiki is 100% relevant to the conversation. Saying "Nuh Uh" doesn't take away from that fact. Don't like it? Make a CRT.
Why do you continue to ignore what I'm saying just because you want upgrades?
No ones ignoring you mitch, you just don't make any sense

And none of it suggests it involve creation. Where are you getting this idea it does involve creation?
Both of the sources involve creation first one litteraly induce the creation of a website the second states the creation of the World in NNT using this kanji
Btw the link you’Ve sent is Litteraly Jisho AKA the source i used for the first sentence

Ugh, ******* hell, this is giving me a headache.

After reading the arguments up to now, yeah, disagree with this CRT. Besides the fact that we have no direct statement of Chaos creating Purgatory, it being called a "land of chaos" is literally just referring to how hectic, crazy, and disordered Purgatory as a whole is.

And I swear to ****, if I'm just going to be told to "read the translations" by one of y'all, even when I have read them, I'm gonna dip from this thread.
It being called a land of Chaos ain’t what i pointed out in the Translation the japanese uses a kanji that induce creation that’s what it was about

No it doesn’t at all.
Ok i’m sorry for being rude.

Particle
1. indicates possessive see also 乃, occasionally ん, orig. written 乃 or 之
  • わたし私の
  • ウェブページ
  • き来て
  • わたし私
  • こと
  • もっと
  • し知って
  • ください
  • Visit my webpage and find out more about me.
This kanji induce creation it is used for things we create and possess like in this example the « webpage »
So yet again this kanji induce creation
The source is the site you’ve used as a source

This litteraly uses said kanji to talk about how Earth was created So should We translate it to « Chaos’s Earth » Or « Chaos created Earth »

Yes, it does. One translation blatantly states that the realm is born from mother Chaos.

If you don't believe this to be referring to creation, what else would it be?
It was referring to the entity it created: “BORN FROM MOTHER CHAOS... THE ANCIENT REVENANT AONAN. IT REACHES INTO THE DEPTHS OF THE PSCYHE OF AN INDIVIDUAL AND TRANSFORMS THEMSELVES INTO THAT WHICH THAT PERSON. FEARS MOST. IN THAT VAIN, IT CAN ALSO FUNCTION AS A KIND OF PRANK OR JOKE MAGIC AS WELL... FOR INSTANCE, AGAINST SOMEONE WITH A PHOBIA OF CATERPILLARS, IT WOULD TURN THEM INTO A CATERPILLAR... AGAINST SOMEONE FEARFUL OF OLD AGE, THEY WOULD TURN INTO AN ELDERLY PERSON... AND THE THING SIR GRIAMOR DESPISED ABOVE ALL ELSE, WAS THE YOUNGER VERSION OF HIMSELF... HE WHO WAS WEAK AND POWERLESS... JUST TAKING ONE QUICK GLANCE AT THE MUSCLE MASS HE BUILT UP FROM HIS INTENSIVE TRAINING MAKES IT PAINFULLY CLEAR.... THEN... THAT MONSTER IS WHAT GRIAMOR CAME FACE TO FACE WITH IN THE DRUID'S CAVE OF TRIALS DREYFUS...”

Bruh

Yes, it does. One translation blatantly states that the realm is born from mother Chaos.

If you don't believe this to be referring to creation, what else would it be? Don't avoid the question, answer it.
No the first one is for the context it says the créature originating From There is created by mother chaos the second one induce creation with the kanjis i already explained like 10 times

No the first one is for the context it says the créature originating From There is created by mother chaos the second one induce creation with the kanjis i already explained like 10 times
Doesn't the translation literally say it's "The land of Chaos" when referring to purgatory? Isn't that direct confirmation that the entity created it?

Likewise, he is already credited as making it on this wiki.

Also at this point, we need to stop talking
Doesn't the translation literally say it's "The land of Chaos" when referring to purgatory? Isn't that direct confirmation that the entity created it?

Likewise, he is already credited as making it on this wiki.

しゃくねつ ごっかん いき 「灼熱と極寒が 入り混じる大気と 猛毒の大地にして」 もうどく だいち ゆが じくう ぶん なが 「歪んだ時空は 一分の時の流れを 一年にも変え」 かんかく うしな 「感覚は失われ 頼れるものは 「第六感のみ」 だいろっかん たましい くだ もうじゃ もの もと 「魂を砕かれし亡者と 化け物が獲物を求め 跋扈する混沌の国」 ばっこ こんとん くに もの 「生ける者の 肉体を破壊し」 にくたい はかい 「死せる者の 「魂を蝕み侵す」 ひしば おか

The atmosphere is a mixture of heat and cold, and the earth is a poisonous place. "The distorted space-time turns a minute of time into a year." "The senses are irrelevant, and the only thing we can rely on is our sixth sense." "The land of chaos where the souls of the departed and monsters roam the land in search of prey." "Destroy the flesh of the living, and open up the body of the dead." The souls of the dead are corrupted and invaded.”

This is the Translation being used by Makai

You are repeating and somehow associated it with creation when this isn’t the case.
At this point, this is considered legitimately stonewalling.
You are reversing situations
1) You are using MY SOURCE to say it doesn’t talk about creation when à sentence about creation is used in the exact same screen
2) You are completely avoiding the fact that the author uses it to talk about the World creation
3) You have absolutely no knowledge in japanese and you didn’t even read the source you used (If you had you Would not be using it rn since it just back me up)

Also at this point, we need to stop talking

しゃくねつ ごっかん いき 「灼熱と極寒が 入り混じる大気と 猛毒の大地にして」 もうどく だいち ゆが じくう ぶん なが 「歪んだ時空は 一分の時の流れを 一年にも変え」 かんかく うしな 「感覚は失われ 頼れるものは 「第六感のみ」 だいろっかん たましい くだ もうじゃ もの もと 「魂を砕かれし亡者と 化け物が獲物を求め 跋扈する混沌の国」 ばっこ こんとん くに もの 「生ける者の 肉体を破壊し」 にくたい はかい 「死せる者の 「魂を蝕み侵す」 ひしば おか

The atmosphere is a mixture of heat and cold, and the earth is a poisonous place. "The distorted space-time turns a minute of time into a year." "The senses are irrelevant, and the only thing we can rely on is our sixth sense." "The land of chaos where the souls of the departed and monsters roam the land in search of prey." "Destroy the flesh of the living, and open up the body of the dead." The souls of the dead are corrupted and invaded.”

This is the Translation being used by Makai
This is the translation MADE BY ME same translation that involve a kanji inducing creation as shown in your source which was mine and in NNT

You are reversing situations
1) You are using MY SOURCE to say it doesn’t talk about creation when à sentence about creation is used in the exact same screen
2) You are completely avoiding the fact that the author uses it to talk about the World creation
3) You have absolutely no knowledge in japanese and you didn’t even read the source you used (If you had you Would not be using it rn since it just back me up)
Again, you didn’t stated the translation for this scan at all. Tell me where you getting this idea where it is created. Also you need to sleep since you keep mentioning you are tired.

Again, you didn’t stated the translation for this scan at all. Tell me where you getting this idea where it is created. Also you need to sleep since you keep mentioning you are tired.

I would like to sleep but y’all are getting circular I answered 30 times about this first of all Here is the source you used
WHICH IS THE SOURCE I USED at first

Also since y’all won’t just trust me i won’t translate a single panel anymore Here the exact same kanji is used in the context of a creation feat

That doesn’t mean much when Create has a different kanji.
There is absolutely 0 report between the kanji you are quoting and the kanji i did quote please make the effort to at least take the same word the kanji i use and the work use is not « creation » but a kanji that induce possession like the creation of a website you possess the creation of Chaos World or Kingdom that he possess etc…

Edit: I’ll Go to sleep

There is absolutely 0 report between the kanji you are quoting and the kanji i did quote please make the effort to at least take the same word
You sure about that? You clearly have demonstrated that you ain’t that understanding of the Japanese language. Just got to sleep at this point

You sure about that? You clearly have demonstrated that you ain’t that understanding of the Japanese language. Just got to sleep at this point
Bruh You litteraly did use a different word to say « look this word is not the same as the other » how many days without sleep did you have ???
I am one of the translators in the translation threads i don’t have perfect japanese but i know what i say actually you used completely different kanjis to invalidate what i say without even understanding how the source you use aka Jisho just litteraly gives an example implying creation Here

Bruh You litteraly did use a different word to say « look this word is not the same as the other » how many days without sleep did you have ???
I am one of the translators in the translation threads i don’t have perfect japanese but i know what i say actually you used completely different kanjis to invalidate what i say without even understanding how the source you use aka Jisho just litteraly gives an example implying creation Here
It is literally used to describe a word that is possessive. Even the English definition mentions this.

GRAMMAR
relating to or denoting the case of nouns and pronouns expressing possession.”

You have keep repeating the same thing.
I think we are done here. We dragged this thread too long and quite frankly this does need some closing since you don’t want to been proven wrong.

It is literally used to describe a word that is possessive. Even the English definition mentions this.

GRAMMAR
relating to or denoting the case of nouns and pronouns expressing possession.”

You have keep repeating the same thing.
I think we are done here. We dragged this thread too long and quite frankly this does need some closing since you don’t want to been proven wrong.
OMG Are you aware about YOUR SOURCE GIVING A CONTRADICTION TO YOUR POINT
And are you aware ABOUT NNT GIVING A CONTRADICTION TO YOUR POINT
Using an article that takes the litteral sense of a kanji does not help your case when it’s been used in the same work We talk about to induce creation

Édit: let’s close this We will come back to this later

OMG Are you aware about YOUR SOURCE GIVING A CONTRADICTION TO YOUR POINT
And are you aware ABOUT NNT GIVING A CONTRADICTION TO YOUR POINT
Using an article that takes the litteral sense of a kanji does not help your case when it’s been used in the same work We talk about to induce creation
It wasn’t used to induce creation. This is literally your own interpretation to start with.

Also how is that a contradiction when the scans you used actually supports my point that they are not the same words?
Quite frankly, you need to take a break or else you risk losing more credibility than you already have.

It wasn’t used to induce creation. This is literally your own interpretation to start with.
Saying no won’t change the fact that Both your source Jisho and NNT uses it The context of a creation

Also how is that a contradiction when the scans you used actually supports my point that they are not the same words?
Quite frankly, you need to take a break or else you risk losing more credibility than you already have.
Could you please look at the red circle in your source Here « Visit my webpage and find out more about me » it indicated possession while inducing creation

Same goes for Nnt

Also are you aware of this scan that says Cath is a Purgatory beast doesn’t that tickle your pickle that Cath originated From Chaos as a Purgatory beast just like his kids ?

Saying no won’t change the fact that Both your source Jisho and NNT uses it The context of a creation

Could you please look at the red circle in your source Here « Visit my webpage and find out more about me » it indicated possession while inducing creation

Same goes for Nnt

Also are you aware of this scan that says Cath is a Purgatory beast doesn’t that tickle your pickle that Cath originated From Chaos as a Purgatory beast just like his kids ?
Okay, nowhere does it say inducing creation at all.
You literally have nothing to go by other than your own interpretation of the word.

It is best for us to stop talking and let the mods close this thread than let you keep dragging this on and insisting you are absolutely correct when this isn’t the case.

Okay, nowhere does it say inducing creation at all.
You literally have nothing to go by other than your own interpretation of the word.

It is best for us to stop talking and let the mods close this thread than let you keep dragging this on and insisting you are absolutely correct when this isn’t the case.
Don’t you see the entire sentence they use as an example ? This isn’t an interprétation at this point you are just being delusional

I agree with this being closed
I’ll keep in mind that you
1) Completely dodged the in verse statement involving said kanji and creation at the same Time
2) The example your source uses back up my point
3) I can Also cite the fact that you didn’t even talked about Cath being a Purgatory creature and born From chaos just like every other monster inside it

We’ll come back for FTL nnt soon see you There

Don’t you see the entire sentence they use as an example ? This isn’t an interprétation at this point you are just being delusional

I agree with this being closed
I’ll keep in mind that you
1) Completely dodged the in verse statement involving said kanji and creation at the same Time
2) The example your source uses back up my point
3) I can Also cite the fact that you didn’t even talked about Cath being a Purgatory creature and born From chaos

We’ll come back for FTL nnt soon see you There
I literally did and you are the one who isn’t helping your case at all. Even the create kanji being used have multiple examples: https://jisho.org/search/create.

Same goes for the meaning of this Kanji: https://jisho.org/search/possessive

You are arguing that の means inducing creation when the examples used for the symbol is the opposite of what you have claimed being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back