• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Endless = Infinite ?

can you guys tell me the difference between endless and infinite, if endless dimension and infinite dimension do they get H1B?

Case by case, it can mean infinite and it's always been a knit pick to say "It never means infinite". In the dictionary, it can mean seemingly endless or literally endless. But it can often mean it loops endlessly via circular without any points, edges, or tips. But if a strait line is described as literally endless, then it would literally mean infinite in length.

Case by case, it can mean infinite and it's always been a knit pick to say "It never means infinite". In the dictionary, it can mean seemingly endless or literally endless. But it can often mean it loops endlessly via circular without any points, edges, or tips. But if a strait line is described as literally endless, then it would literally mean infinite in length.
then what if it says like this "this dimensional hierarchy is endless" can it get H1B? if you want to be safe is 1B only?

Endless and infinite can be synonymous, but sometimes not as endless can also mean it’s just seemingly without end. That’s why when giving 2-A on this wiki, we want statements of there being outright infinite universes. Same logic also applies to High 1-B.

Endless and infinite can be synonymous, but sometimes not as endless can also mean it’s just seemingly without end. That’s why when giving 2-A on this wiki, we want statements of there being outright infinite universes.same logic also applies to High 1-B.
Again, case by case. But if the intent is well laid out, nothing's stopping endless from being justified as such. It's certainly more "concrete" in nature than say, the word "countless".

then what if there is no evidence that can explain that endless = infinite, will it still get H1B?
So an endless dimension? Well i think as long there are no certain contradictions presented and not some kind of loop thing or ad infinitum it should be fine.
(Though again it's case by case)

Edit:Though it can also be tiered like this:Atleast 1-B likely H1-B. (Similar to anos's case)

Last edited:
So an endless dimension? Well i think as long there are no certain contradictions presented and not some kind of loop thing or ad infinitum it should be fine.
(Though again it's case by case)

Edit:Though it can also be tiered like this:Atleast 1-B likely H1-B. (Similar to anos's case)
Alright then, I originally thought that endless and infinite were the same

Hi i would like to know something Here a Nai form is used and it is something similar to « endless » (it doesn’t mean endless the sentence is more of an explanation you can see it more as something like « Something that has no end ») but Nai forms are Made to emphasize things can We consider Purgatory as infinite

It can be the same it can be not, depends on how the verse treats it since it's case by case.
Actually, now that I look about it.

Really the only way you can determine endless to not mean what it means is if it's hyperbole or there are contradictions within the verse.

Otherwise, you can't make the word "infinite" without "endless" or "limitless".

We went through all that in this thread.

I mean there could be a case of endless being some kind of finite ad infinitum.... But Im gonna check the thread later.

That's what I call a contradiction within the verse then.
Not necessarily an example of this is aging

You can live endlessly but you start at a finite age which means you can only age as time passes, you would reach a higher age as time goes but would never reach even the baseline infinity.

(Though still live infinitely in a sense but not the set theory infinite)

Actually, now that I look about it.

Really the only way you can determine endless to not mean what it means is if it's hyperbole or there are contradictions within the verse.

Otherwise, you can't make the word "infinite" without "endless" or "limitless".

We went through all that in this thread.
So going with what this thread says on the context the fact that the used kanji is a kanji that is used to emphasize things/make them litteral would mean that it’s infinite

Not necessarily an example of this is aging

You can live endlessly but you start at a finite age which means you can only age as time passes, you would reach a higher age as time goes but would never reach even the baseline infinity.

(Though still live infinitely in a sense but not the set theory infinite)
That's related to time, not size.

Just like how we don't accept lifting Specter being Infinite weight just because he's the embodiment of Eternity or something (Eternity is a measurement of time, not size nor volume).

That's related to time, not size.

Just like how we don't accept lifting Specter being Infinite weight just because he's the embodiment of Eternity or something (Eternity is a measurement of time, not size nor volume).
There is still a use of endless in there but aight.

(Case here is that a endless size can also be something like a finite that just increases and there's honestly nothing that relates to endless in set theory which is why this semantic is pretty arbitrary to me.)

There is still a use of endless in there but aight.

(Case here is that a endless size can also be something like a finite that just increases and there's honestly nothing that relates to endless in set theory which is why this semantic is pretty arbitrary to me.)
Why are we talking about set theories here to begin with? Those are completely different beasts.

We're talking about endless with regards to size of universes and whatnot.

I thought we're talking about endless = aleph-0
5863_Hollow.png

Back