• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Brackets Round 6

Alien X has mind hax which Rosalina has no resistance to, but thats not his opening move. Its hard to say. What does Rosalina start with in character?

What is the logic for Rosalina's victory here?

What would resetting the universe do to Alien X?

He has survived such a level of destruction, and like Rosalina, has recreated the universe causally as well.

I don't know which one wins against the other, but "universal reset" for Rosalina's victory shouldn't be the reason.

Crimson Azoth said:
Apparent;y universal reset =/= universal destruction, which was what Alien X tanked
That line of thinking is bullshit.

To reset the universe would be to completely reverse time and go back to the Big Bang - the expansion of matter which is the universe.

Tanking that expansion of matter is either 3-A or Low 2-C depending on if Space-Time is mentioned, Alien X tanked such an expansion (Low 2-C specifically), and then causally recreated the universe.

Saying that they aren't the same means nothing really - they have similar Low 2-C feats. This comes down to their abilities and mindset, not AP.

ABoogieYesSir said:
The word reset and destruction have different meaning.
But they have the same power in this context.

To reset something is to bring it back to the beginning. In this case, back to the Big Bang. Thus the Low 2-C AP.

To destroy something is to eradicate it. Complete timeline destruction in this case. Thus the Low 2-C AP.

The ability to tank both of those things is the same level of durability.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Rosalina could bring it back to before Alien X existed, does he have existence erasure resistance?
Rosalina doesn't have EE and never did anything like that.

Honestly, I am not even sure why we give her Low 2-C for resetting the universe when I am pretty sure she wasn't the one who reset it. IIRC the Lumas sacrificed themselves to stabilize Bowser's Galaxy Reactor - which then caused the universe to be born anew.

All Rosalina did was put up a forcefield to block the birth of a new universe to protect Mario and probably herself as well, then she says some shit about the circle of life and how everything originates from stars or whatever, and then she dumps Mario back in the Mushroom Kingdom and ***** off to some distant part of space.

TitanCrusher101 said:
She doesn't have EE, but she could likely etase him via drastic time manip. She was still envolved in resetting the universe.
What? No.

Her performing a power she has never shown before is not "likely going to happen". She has never erased someone by individually making their bodies go back in time.

I don't even think she actually ever specifically controlled individual's time before, all that she did was reset the universe back to the Big Bang, which Alien X can tank btw, and again - I even question her doing that.

Not to mention, Celesapiens are born and live at the Forge of Creation which exists out of sync with time.

And really? Prove it.

What shows that Rosalina was the one who reset the universe and not the hundreds of Lumas flying into it?

I wanna elaborate on why I'm voting Rosalina. She's a more casual Low 2-C, being the chick who recreates the universe simply because she gets an Eagle in golf. That's...pretty much it. Everything they have they share or is countered by the other (ex: mind control is countered by possession).

The real cal howard said:
The prima guides say that it was Rosalina. This is all on the profiles linked in. It's not even vague.
No, it doesn't - it states that Rosalina had the power to block out the black hole with her forcefields, not that she was the one that reset the universe.

The guide states, and I quote completely:

"Bowser is left behind as Mario and Peach escape. He casts a pathetic shadow against the pulsing materials of his failed reactor. He slowly sinks into the lava, cursing Mario as the reactor finally explodes."

"Mario and Peach manage to escape Bowser's immediate fate, but the reactor's force is too strong. Fortunately, Rosalina has the power to shield them from the blast that threatens the very fabric of the universe. In Rosalina's calming presence, Mario learns that the universe holds many mysteries about the great cycle of Life: Birth, Death, and Rebirth. Change is the only constant in the cosmos. Bowser tried to bend this force to his will, and in the end, he paid the price."

"Rosalina sends Mario into a bright light, and the universe displays its awesome power. When Mario awakens, he is lying in a grassy field in the Mushroom Kingdom. A butterfly flits around his face. He opens his eyes to see Princess Peach and all the Toads in the kingdom. The castle is back in its original place. Even Bowser is there, shaken by his narrow escape from his horrible fate. Mario smiles at his friends and casts his eyes to the heavens, welcoming new life into existence. Somewhere, far from the Mushroom Kingdom, a young galaxy with its own stories yet to be told is shining brightly. And maybe, one day, Mario will get to see it."

There is nothing saying that she herself reset the universe in that scan, and the cutscene shows and implies that it was the Lumas who did it - sacrificing their lives to "start the universe anew".

But you are right in one respect, the feat isn't vague - the feat is that, with her forcefields, Rosalina has the power to endure universal destruction rather easily.

The real cal howard said:
I wanna elaborate on why I'm voting Rosalina. She's a more casual Low 2-C, being the chick who recreates the universe simply because she gets an Eagle in golf. That's...pretty much it. Everything they have they share or is countered by the other (ex: mind control is countered by possession).
How is she more causal?

Alien X both physically tanked and recreated the universe with nothing more than a thought.

The only actual real effort that was needed was from Ben trying to convince Bellicus and Serena to agree on something - that's Alien X's whole shtick, which Ben later supersedes apparently.

I don't get your logic here.

Apparently Rosalina is winning due to "better hax" and the only hax I can see useful is Possession (which Alien X has no resistance of) but Does she use that in character?

They both have similar AP and Durability as they both survived the destruction of their own respective universe and then recreated it.

The question is if Alien X is in full control or has his personalities weakness.

If he does, whatever Rosalina does will barely affect Alien X and will just stand there until Rosalina takes a different approach to try and take down X. But by then, it's a possibility that Ben has consulted with Serena and Bellicus to take down the princess.

If he doesn't have the personalities weakness, I see Alien X taking this with mid diff. They can't hurt each other physically, but with Alien X's mind hax and (if I'm allowed to bring this up) Kevin stated in an episode of UA that Celestialsapiens can "just blink and you'd be gone". Given if this Ben is a serious one in the UA, Ben might use that resort, but as a final tactic.

19hmun said:
Apparently Rosalina is winning due to "better hax" and the only hax I can see useful is Possession (which Alien X has no resistance of). Does she use that in character?
They both have similar AP and Durability as they both survived the destruction of their own respective universe and then recreated it.

The question is if Alien X is in full control or has his personalities weakness.

If he does, whatever Rosalina does will barely affect Alien X and will just stand there until Rosalina takes a different approach to try and take down X. But by then, it's a possibility that Ben has consulted with Serena and Bellicus to take down the princess.

If he doesn't have the personalities weakness, I see Alien X taking this with mid-high diff. They can't hurt each other physically, but with Alien X's mind hax and (if I'm allowed to bring this up) Kevin stated in an episode of UA that Celestialsapiens can "just blink and you'd be gone". Given if this Ben is a serious one in the UA, Ben might use that resort, but as a final tactic.
Rosalina's possession, to my knowledge, comes from the Cosmic Spirit in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

When you die a bunch in a level - a Rosalina-looking spirit appears in the level and asks if you want her to beat the level for you - it downgrades the Power Star at the end of the level as an incentive for the player to try and beat it on their own.

I am assuming that Rosalina is the one creates this spirit and that it doesn't just appear from a blue cosmic comet, just like Cosmic Mario does when the said comet is nearby a specific galaxy.

Anyway, barring that assumption, Rosalina has never used her possession in a combat-scenario, to my knowledge.

@Warren

If that's the case then I don't see how Rosalina can beat or get rid of Alien X at all.

And depending on whether if Alien X has the personalities weaknesses or not, I think Alien X would win, but with mid difficulty due to able to take whatever Rosalina can throw at him, mind hax, and more versatility and creativity.

Back