• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of Nightmares Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello.

I'd like to ask why Lord of Nightmares has a High 1-C to Low 1-B rating?

"(Created an infinite amount of universes with different physical laws without trying to.)"

This is just a casual 2-A feat. Unless, there are any statements of these universes being 11 to 12th dimensional. Or if Slayers' cosmology mentions 11 to 12 dimensions. Etc.

Because we do not arbitrarily assume universes to be higher dimensional and give upgrades by orders of infinity without any evidence. If the only reason she has her tier is because she "casually created infinite universes", then she should be downgraded to At least 2-A.

So does anyone have better justifications for this profile? Or do people agree she should be downgraded? I'd appreciate any input.

Thank you.

While looking around the discussions related to her,I found this , but the links in question are not working anymore and so I can't be sure about the scale of the feats. But seeing as how DarkLK was the one who justified her tier, maybe he knows why.

Well if she was able to create an infinite amount of universes then it would of course be 2-A. However considering that she created those Universes each with different Physical Laws it may be higher.

Although I agree I never understood why she is considered High 1-C to Low 1-B by that logic.

Perhaps her rating could be changed to "At least 2-A???

Well, unless someone actually explains her current tier with a proper feat, I'm in agreements with this thread.

I personally don't see how a universe having "different physical laws" = a universe is higher dimensional or infinitely above/transcendental of another universe.

@Weekly I know. That's why it should probably be changed to At least 2-A or maybe just plain 2-A. Unless of course someone explains her current rating.

Even At least 2-A is unjustified considering that would imply possibly being higher then 4th dimensional when there is no evidence of that.

At these high a tier the gaps inbetween different tiers is infinite.

Well then it appears that unless someone else explains why she is Low 1-B then perhaps it would be best to downgrade her to 2-A.

@LAS

At least 2-A is just what's used for characters significantly above baseline 2-A. I.E. casually performing 2-A feats or being far above a 2-A character.

>At least 2-A is just what's used for characters significantly above baseline 2-A

That's exactly the point. She is not significantly above baseline 2-a. She performed a baseline 2-a feat casually and this stretches up to infinity within her own tier. That is not significant at all.

@Matt If you're a Slayers expert who's qualified to be allowed to speak in this thread, do you care to justify LoN's stats better, or give input on the downgrade?

LordGriffin1000 said:
Don't be. As long as you're not showing any bias or wank/downplay towards Slayers and you're commenting on things you know (like this feat being only 2-A) there's no reason why you can't comment.

I'm not a Slayers expert. But I do know that there are higher feats than just one multiverse. There are four ifinite Multiverses, for instance, as well as stuff related to higher dimensions I think. As well as a primordial infinite sea of Chaos from which everything comes from, which is the LoNs true form I believe.

DarkLK is the one who knows Slayers.

There's still the problem with the rest of the verse being plagarized from OBD and lacking justification for their tiers too...

4 sets of infinite multiverses is still 2-A, unless there is proof that that these multiverses are higher dimensional or that each 4 multiverses is above the other. I'd also like somone to provide scans to higher dimensions if possible.

Matthew Schroeder said:
http://www.inverse.org/e/bkg/world/ Here. At least High 2-A as the multiverses are depicted as 2D compared to the Chaos.
So maybe High 2-A as the Chaos is transcendent to the multiverses?

Are those 4 worlds each above one another? If so I think that might be 1-C (First world which is 2-A, second world above that being High 2-A, third world above that being 1-C, fourth above that being 1-C, and Chaos above that, still being 1-C.

I'm not sure about this verse. So I'm only asking. As it stands though, LoN's current rating is not well justified. So it's either a downgrade or we try to revise the reasonings.

I suppose that we likely have to adjust the profile then. I will ask DarkLK for input.

Actually, not only the Lord of Nightmare needs a revision, but all the Slayer characters, which i will watch the series after i'm done with some things.

It has been suggested that the other Slayers profiles should be deleted.

DarkLK has replied:

"Hell, I do not know where your high 1-C came from.

Although I already almost do not remember anything. Casting the universe contains the astral plane, which is beyond normal space and time (I'm not sure that this is a higher dimension though). There can exist multiple side realms, even ones with infinite size.

Then, there are endless possibilities of all this in a single Stave.

Then there are many staves, which differ from each other in different laws of physics and astral. If there are endless possibilities of events and also endless possibilities of the laws of nature, then it can be basically a cosmology similar to modern quantum theories, and therefore there may be HYPOTHETICALLY like 10 or 11 dimensions. Otherwise it is much less.

What is beyond the staves beyond imagination, even for Mazoku, who live beyond normal time and space.

The Sea of Chaos is beyond the staves. This sea is infinite even in comparison with the totality of all creation within it.

And Lucifer is not only Chaos. She is Immense and unimaginable, the very source of Chaos and the Golden Lord, who shines upon the Sea of Chaos.

Also, her creation is basically her dream."

I spoke with DarkLK. The rating he seems to be most fine with is

"Low Complex Multiverse level (Created and is fully transcendent of The Sea of Chaos, which is a realm infinitely greater than and beyond the staves, each stave having infinite parallel universes)"

Since our consultant and the person most knowledgable on this series agreed to that change, as well as Ant and Dark649 agreeing to the change, I've adjusted the profile.

i have also been wondering this for quite a while. creating an infinite number of universes is most certainly not high 1-C or low 1-B.

@Ryukama Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back