• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile Deletion (Potentially the WWE-verse with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was less their actual content and more that they are just stage personas- that individual assuming certain traits and undergoing skits and somesuch under a title (AVGN, or Undertaker, or so on).

ARE WE DELETING PROFILES BECAUSE THEY'RE ******* CANCELLED??? This is an amazing time for VSBW ngl
Eh, there is an element to which hosting profiles that are fictional representations of very controversial real-life figures adds very limited value to the wiki and comes with quite a lot of risk.

I can tell you for a fact, WWE has like 50x the story of a series like AVGN. It's better then nearly every example you could bring up of a stage persona
It's not about the quantity of story. You're not addressing the crux of the issue.

also i said this once and i'll say it again:

the page rules were made like 7 years ago and have not gotten any changes to my knowledge, i think it's time to rework them and just remove the stage personas rule. stage personas are a decently big part of vs debating as a whole, and as the biggest powerscaling wiki on the internet i feel like you should take advantage of this, for the sake of fun and general enjoyment. characters like these shouldn't be treated any differently than verses like Eddsworld and Rock Hard Gladiators, which also use characters based off real people. Just because it isn't animated doesn't mean they're not fictionalized

If most staff agree that they shouldn't be on here, I see no need to change them.

It's not about the quantity of story. You're not addressing the crux of the issue.
Do you think James Ellsworth is anywhere near as much of a [REDACTED] IRL as he is in WWE?

Delete every character Harrison Ford plays too, he's basically just acting as he'd normally act, is that not a stage persona by your standarde?

If most staff agree that they shouldn't be on here, I see no need to change them.
people are likely still going to complain about it to the point where it's not an issue to just allow it. it harms no one and ultimately makes the wiki more popular, as it allows people who like scaling stage personas to pitch in and help

Do you think James Ellsworth is anywhere near as much of a [REDACTED] IRL as he is in WWE?

Delete every character Harrison Ford plays too, he's basically just acting as he'd normally act, is that not a stage persona by your standarde?
Should all of the movies produced by WWE Studios never get profiles and be automatically deleted if someone does try to make them? They get a lot of their Pro Wrestling folks involved in them, so that means they're using stage personas, right?

This is a razor-thin line we're treading here
This is an absurd comparison.

We can just make a discussion rule.
Is it not true? Harrison Ford is a historically not so great actor outside of roles designed for him

Do you honest to God think that will stave off the complaining Deagonx? When were you born and how much experience with the internet do you have???

Also, just saying, literally nobody in good faith would disagree with Logan Paul being deleted, he's a unique case in a verse that's already Tap dancing on the line between allowed and not allowed

Is it not true? Harrison Ford is a historically not so great actor outside of roles designed for him
It has no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Do you honest to God think that will stave off the complaining Deagonx? When were you born and how much experience with the internet do you have???
It will prevent any further CRTs on the matter, and it's not like the complaining matters.

It has no relevance to the discussion at hand.

It will prevent any further CRTs on the matter, and it's not like the complaining matters.
But it has to be a stage persona right? Ford is acting as he normally would!

Wow, I wish I had your optimism dude, somehow you've been an OG of this forum and don't realize discussion rules have historically not stopped threads from being made and talked about.

well at that point you're refusing to comply with user demand. which isn't really a good thing, mind you. and would rather go by outdated rules that have been and will continue to be broken as time goes on. the rule might as well not exist as we have TONS of profiles that go against the rule.

vs debating isnt just for people who want to take hypothetical scenerios fully seriously. people sometimes want something actually fun, and sometimes that something is so harmless that we shouldn't even be having this discussion

WWE is not equal to movies, for sure. Vin Diesel's stage persona is not Dominic Toretto, Tom Holland's stage persona is not Spiderman- these are characters they are hired to play. It is not equivalent to the Undertaker, which is just Mark William Callaway. For a common sense difference: if you look at Vin Diesel's wikipedia page, nowhere would it mention "also known as Dominic Toretto, Shane Wolfe, etc, etc". It would say that for a WWE performer, however.

It is just those guys as their stage personas.
That's extremely nitpicky.

A live action show or movie is, in general, real life people playing a fictional persona for the purpose of entertainment. That's the exact same thing. The character they're playing is not the real person. It's a fictional persona, just like basically every other live action media ever made.

Dominic Toretto is Vin Diesel playing a fictional persona, just like how The Undertaker is Mark Calaway playing a fictional persona.

There's such a miniscule difference between Live Action characters and 'Stage Personas', that you might as well put them in the same category.

well at that point you're refusing to comply with user demand. which isn't really a good thing, mind you. and would rather go by outdated rules that have been and will continue to be broken as time goes on. the rule might as well not exist as we have TONS of profiles that go against the rule.

vs debating isnt just for people who want to take hypothetical scenerios fully seriously. people sometimes want something actually fun, and sometimes that something is so harmless that we shouldn't even be having this discussion
Just make a thread on it dude, this seems like a thing you're passionate on

well at that point you're refusing to comply with user demand. which isn't really a good thing
User demand is simply not how this works, and for good reason.

But it has to be a stage persona right? Ford is acting as he normally would!
Belaboring this point serves no purpose. It's just a bad comparison.

Wow, I wish I had your optimism dude, somehow you've been an OG of this forum and don't realize discussion rules have historically not stopped threads from being made and talked about.
It will have little to no impact, IMO.

A live action show or movie is, in general, real life people playing a fictional persona for the purpose of entertainment. That's the exact same thing. The character they're playing is not the real person. It's a fictional persona, just like basically every other live action media ever made.

Dominic Toretto is Vin Diesel playing a fictional persona, just like how The Undertaker is Mark Calaway playing a fictional persona.

There's such a miniscule difference between Live Action characters and 'Stage Personas', that you might as well put them in the same category.
BTW, I'm pretty sure WWE folks are payed to fight in WWE, so that blurs the line between LA actor and WWE
User demand is simply not how this works, and for good reason.

Belaboring this point serves no purpose. It's just a bad comparison.

It will have little to no impact, IMO.
Piss of your user base enough and you have nobody to update profiles and you'll be dealing with the occasional newcomer who causes trouble, so yes, bending even just a little to user demand is necessary since this is literally harmless and not like, flat 1-A superman that breaks scaling.

In your eyes, because is goes against what you want.

Not really, just auto closing it pisses off more people then it pleases

Eh, there is an element to which hosting profiles that are fictional representations of very controversial real-life figures adds very limited value to the wiki and comes with quite a lot of risk.
Its a site where we, an online community-driven wiki focuses on cataloging and analyzing the powers, abilities, and combat skills of characters. That is ultimately as far as it goes for 95% of the monthly viewers that enter this site.

No one cares if there are controversial figures who have profiles on here, least of all Logan Paul. Who most definitely is not that controversial like making a profile on Jesus or Allah or something upon this line.

Piss of your user base enough and you have nobody to update profiles and you'll be dealing with the occasional newcomer who causes trouble, so yes, bending even just a little to user demand is necessary since this is literally harmless
I think you're overestimating the amount of people who care much about this subject.

BTW, I'm pretty sure WWE folks are payed to fight in WWE, so that blurs the line between LA actor and WWE
This too.

WWE guys are hired to play their characters on a weekly basis, just like how movie and LA actors are hired to play their characters. There's little to no difference.

I'm saying it sets a bad precedence Deagonx, if you're willing to piss of one pretty major group of people in the VSdebating community, how many others can you piss off before you don't have a user base left?
I mean, perhaps thats a discussion that could be had in a certain context, but I don't think this slippery slope idea contributes much to the subject at hand.

I'm saying it sets a bad precedence Deagonx, if you're willing to piss of one pretty major group of people in the VSdebating community, how many others can you piss off before you don't have a user base left?
Don't get me wrong, I disagree with Deagonx's position here, but ultimately speaking I don't think he's wrong. Deleting a profile about Logan Paul isn't going to lead to any side wide ramifications. It's just removing Logan Paul because he has baggage.

I mean, perhaps thats a discussion that could be had in a certain context, but I don't think this slippery slope idea contributes much to the subject at hand.
We're discussing the deletion of an entire verse of a popular media Deagonx, I think this is a discussion that needs to be had.
Don't get me wrong, I disagree with Deagonx's position here, but ultimately speaking I don't think he's wrong. Deleting a profile about Logan Paul isn't going to lead to any side wide ramifications. It's just removing Logan Paul because he has baggage.
As I said earlier, nobody in good faith would disagree with deleting Logan Paul.

The problem is trying to delete Pro Wrestling as a verse as well.

As I said earlier, nobody in good faith would disagree with deleting Logan Paul.

The problem is trying to delete Pro Wrestling as a verse as well.
Logan Paul is one thing. At least people have somewhat valid reasons to oppose a Logan Paul profile.

My main problem is deleting the Pro Wrestling verse as a whole. Not only are the reasons nitpicky, but Pro Wrestling is basically the same as other Live Action verses. The differences are miniscule at best.

I'll remain neutral, leaning towards disagreeing on the removal of Logan Paul. However, I vehemently disagree with deleting Pro Wrestling as a whole. There have been plenty of staff members prior to this thread who are seemingly okay with this verse existing.

I'm not certain you're aware of what a "stage persona" is. It is not evident, at least, by your counter arguments.

people are likely still going to complain about it to the point where it's not an issue to just allow it. it harms no one and ultimately makes the wiki more popular, as it allows people who like scaling stage personas to pitch in and help
You are arguing that as the largest site, it is our duty to allow people to do whatever they so choose, as long as they want it and it causes no real physical harm. I would counter argue this notion with the idea that the reason our site flourishes as such is because we draw a lines at appropriate points. The rules regarding stage personas is that appropriate point, I feel. We have standards where other wikis might not.

It is not nitpicky.

This is absolutely a stupid notion. Chris Pratt portraying Star Lord is not equivalent to Mark Fischbach portraying Markiplier or John Cena portraying... John Cena. If you cannot discern the difference between an acting role and an assumed persona then I would like to ask you to stop arguing on the matter. The stage personas of these individuals is just them. They are themselves. Their names are interchangeable.

With all due respect, pushing an appeal to the masses as the main reason to allow these profiles doesn't sway my judgement one bit. The wiki has rules for a litany of reasons: to maintain its integrity, to prevent negative elements from having their way, and so on. In this case, such a rule closes the floodgates to other silly notions- notions some of you seem to agree are silly and yet are far closer to what you defend than any comparisons you willingly make.

My take is and will remain that our rules barring stage personas are perfectly fine, and that WWE absolutely falls under them- allowing it this long has been a fluke.

I don't think the WWE bros comprise a major portion of our userbase, just a very loud one

This is absolutely a stupid notion. Chris Pratt portraying Star Lord is not equivalent to Mark Fischbach portraying Markiplier or John Cena portraying... John Cena. If you cannot discern the difference between an acting role and an assumed persona then I would like to ask you to stop arguing on the matter. The stage personas of these individuals is just them. They are themselves. Their names are interchangeable.

Are you intentionally linking me to a profile showing a real person with their real information as a counter argument to them not just being real people assuming stage personas lmao

"Ah yes, my favorite totally fictional character, Windham Lawrence Rotunda, born May 23, 1987, also known as Bray Wyatt after he signed a contract with definitely-not real-world organization WWE"

They're linking the Fiend section of the profile. Where the wrestler became some demon thing with magic powers.
I'm aware of the stage persona's specifics, aye. I'm just saying that it isn't really helping their case when their own damn profile treats them as the real world human individual in the summary these supporters themselves wrote.

It seems to me we would not do that for Harrison Ford. Perhaps they're a bit different?

I'm aware of the stage persona's specifics, aye. I'm just saying that it isn't really helping their case when their own damn profile treats them as the real world human individual in the summary these supporters themselves wrote.
The character of Bray Wyatt is developed and scripted by WWE's creative team to engage the audience and tell a compelling story. The personal information associated with Bray Wyatt, such as his birthdate and real name, is used to enhance the character's believability but doesn't change the fact that Bray Wyatt is a fictional entity within the context of professional wrestling. The intention is to blur the lines between reality and fiction to entertain the audience. So, despite the use of real-life information, it is clear that Bray Wyatt is a fictional character constructed for professional wrestling rather than a stage persona

Last edited:
I don't think the WWE bros comprise a major portion of our userbase, just a very loud one
I'm talking about versus debating in general though lol-
I'm not certain you're aware of what a "stage persona" is. It is not evident, at least, by your counter arguments.
And WWE is on the line between actual actors paid to do what they do(They are, by the way), and folks just doing shit with their own baggage like Rolfe.

I don't think anyone's gonna make profiles of, say, Markiplier and Lixian if we get more lenient

TBH if I had my way the rule would be something along the lines of

"Stage Personas are not allowed as long as they do not possess any of the following:
  1. A Consistent Story (Stage Personas like the Angry Video Game Nerd do not have consistent stories and often don't connect points between episodes outside of a few occasions)
  2. No copyrighted characters that do not belong to them (the Angry Video Game Nerd uses individuals like Batman, Joker, Bugs Bunny, Jason Vorhees, ETC)
  3. At least somewhat consistent feats of strength Seperating them from average humans(Stage Personas like Markiplier have very little separating them from a normal human)
  4. Are not extremely controversial (While Logan Paul is a new main stay in WWE, he is not fit for Wiki purposes due to how Controversial he is overall)
Even when having one or more of these checked off, another rule may banish such personas, for instance, while the Angry Video Game Nerd is consistently above the average human, he lacks a consistent story and uses copyrighted characters, and while Logan Paul in WWE has plenty of traits and scaling that separate him from a normal human, he is controversial as an individual."

That's just my take on wording a possible amendment to the rules that remains strict, but is not damning.

Doesn't even matter for WWE cause they might as well be paid live action actors in a TV show they've made

I'm talking about versus debating in general though lol-
Let me reiterate: I don't think y'all make up a significant fraction of VS debating.

I don't think anyone's gonna make profiles of, say, Markiplier and Lixian if we get more lenient
And I don't think they should, as I don't think any persona ought to be allowed.

Gonna cut my replying here, since it's been circling the drain for a bit. If it's being taken to a vote, put me staunchly in "no". WWE profiles are an embarrassment for the wiki and its policies, little else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back