• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luminous Being possible Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
From this post, more specifically, the below
"
A person taking on qualities they would not otherwise possess as a form of "mask" when performing.

A fictional entity."

So we got a problem, Luminous Being falls under BOTH, if you've ever played a game of Dungeons and Dragons, one person is the Dungeon Master... or by lore standards, the Luminous Being, thus, making it a Stage persona shared by however many DMs have ever DM'd.

But the Luminous Being has also done minor things in DnD, making this an interesting case becuase it's both a fictional character and Stage Persona.

Despite me bringing it up in that thread, actually looking at the case raises an interesting question with interesting discussion to be had, because this feels like the grey line middle ground and I want to hear people's thoughts on it.

On a scale of 1-10, how much was this meant to spite Bambu?

Disgaree though, I think the stage persona stuff is stupid as hell. It doesn't even apply here, as the Luminous Being isn't a specific individual; It's just the amalgamation of every DM who has ever touched the game and ever will, making it more like a James Bond situation than something like the thread you quoted (which is literally "Logan Paul as played by Logan Paul and ONLY Logan Paul").

On a scale of 1-10, how much was this meant to spite Bambu?

Disgaree though, I think the stage persona stuff is stupid as hell. It doesn't even apply here, as the Luminous Being isn't a specific individual; It's just the amalgamation of every DM who has ever touched the game and ever will, making it more like a James Bond situation than something like the thread you quoted (which is literally "Logan Paul as played by Logan Paul and ONLY Logan Paul").
A 1 once i actually started reading funnily enough, I just want interesting discussion

By definition thats a bunch of stage personas in one though, and that's what I'm on about

Derailing but it turned to a full WWE deletion and it's got interesting arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back