• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled32_20221218143618.png

It's happening y'all...

Logan ******* Paul is going to become a legit profile on this wiki!

I decided to make a CRT on it just so I can get approval of staff that the explanations/justifications are serviceable before we get it published.

Big shout out to @DemonicDude for helping with making the sandbox, too! You the man!

Here's the sandbox for him.

Now we wait...
I'm revoking your frug rights.

You just unleashed spite material, lets be real
Yes, and I do not want us to potentially incite a massively big YouTuber witth many millions of followers and limited ethical standards to get mad at and unleash his followers against us.

Isn't it much safer to avoid hosting this profile, especially as it overlaps too much with his other real life occupations?

Tbf I think people are fine with a Logan Paul profile just for the memes.
You just unleashed spite material, lets be real
Yes, and I do not want us to potentially incite a massively big YouTuber witth many millions of followers and limited ethical standards to get mad at and unleash his followers against us.

Isn't it much safer to avoid hosting this profile, especially as it overlaps too much with his other real life occupations?
@AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X

What do you think?

I've given my thoughts up above.

By precedent and the nature of the WWE, it seems fine, even if I personally don't think the profile should be allowed.

If we want to be a bit stricter, I'd be fine with it being removed.

These comments are jokes, Ant. I'm pretty sure most people with common sense will know not to start unnecessary shit over some IRL incidents.

Separate the art from the artist.

I've given my thoughts up above.

By precedent and the nature of the WWE, it seems fine, even if I personally don't think the profile should be allowed.

If we want to be a bit stricter, I'd be fine with it being removed.
Well, this is more about us being sensibly cautious and using common sense rather than slavishly exactly sticking to our rules.

These comments are jokes, Ant. I'm pretty sure most people with common sense will know not to start unnecessary shit over some IRL incidents.

Separate the art from the artist.
Most people likely will. All of them very likely will not, which might cause greater problems for us than we are able to handle.

especially as it overlaps too much with his other real life occupations?
We’ve made adjustments to the initial blog exactly to prevent this kind of issue. We removed all information such as his summary containing information on his YouTube channel and podcast, explicitly because they crossed the line out of kayfabe and into real life. His profile is strictly based around his feats and character as established in WWE. We already host profiles for characters both based on and played by YouTubers with devoted and sometimes war-hardened fanbases, and I fail to see how this is any different. Even if Logan was to find this profile, a occurrence which already seems an extreme rarity, why would he be offended? The profile says nothing of him in negative light bar that he is cocky, which is a part of his character.

Most people likely will. All of them very likely will not, which might cause greater problems for us than we are able to handle.
I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem here. Even with the minority of the fans, as they should be able to recognize the Logan Paul profile is him in the Wwe verse. If they want to make him out to be more powerful or not they'd have to go provide feats for the Wwe verse. Unless the problem at hand here is about the Logan Paul haters getting mad that there favorite character got beaten by Logan Freaking Paul of all people (Example have Wall level Logan Paul fight Rocky Balboa and the conclusion of said match was he won, not saying if we had that thread that'd be the conclusion....probably)

I understand that the nature of a “Logan Paul” profile will always have some level of volatility, but profiles such as these have precedent and Logan’s profiles follows all of WWE’s many standards designed to be watertight and draw a clean line between fiction and reality, so I don’t see why his profile can’t remain.

I am against the existence of the WWE profiles to begin with, I think they walk far too fine a line between fictional and real life. If Logan Paul incites problems because it is technically allowed by right of WWE being given guidelines, well, we reap what we sow.

What do you think?
It's like the Markiplier or WWE profiles. It's allowed and just because the creator is controversial doesn't mean much (we probably have plenty of LA profiles where the actor has done demonstrably worse things than Logan has).

Though if I could say something: A profile just for a couple WWE appearances likely isn't worth it. I'd suggest wait for him to have 10-20 match appearances like with our comic profile limits. We wouldn't make a Robocop or Chucky WWE profile because they only show up once, make sure Logan actually does stuff for a minimum period of time first imo.

Though if I could say something: A profile just for a couple WWE appearances likely isn't worth it. I'd suggest wait for him to have 10-20 match appearances like with our comic profile limits. We wouldn't make a Robocop or Chucky WWE profile because they only show up once, make sure Logan actually does stuff for a minimum period of time first imo.
That’s fair as a point, but he’s made enough appearances to gauge his scaling, and has been in WWE for about 10 months

but he’s made enough appearances to gauge his scaling, and has been in WWE for about 10 months
How many billed events has he been in? If it'd more than 10-20 I can get it, if it's just one or two appearances in those months I disagree with him being profiled for the same reason why we wouldn't index Shockmaster.

How many billed events has he been in? If it'd more than 10-20 I can get it, if it's just one or two appearances in those months I disagree with him being profiled for the same reason why we wouldn't index Shockmaster.
Logan has appeared 8 times in WWE official shows, and was also at a press-conference. He has wrestled 4 matches, and has made 2 appearances at WrestleMania among those appearances. One as a competitor, and the other as a manager

Logan has appeared 8 times in WWE official shows, and was also at a press-conference. He has wrestled 4 matches, and has made 2 appearances at WrestleMania among those appearances. One as a competitor, and the other as a manager
Are there going to be anymore planned appearances?

I'm relatively new, so sorry if I mess up some information, but what is the worst that could happen? The odds of Logan Paul noticing this website, let alone his profile, are nearly zero. Even if he does notice it, why would he dislike it? We actively put the peak of humans and above for his abilities, and don't have anything negative about him on his profile.

It's like the Markiplier or WWE profiles. It's allowed and just because the creator is controversial doesn't mean much (we probably have plenty of LA profiles where the actor has done demonstrably worse things than Logan has).

These seem like good points.

I would note that at the current moment we don’t have any Marvel/DC-esque requirements for characters in WWE to appear a certain number of times before they can get a wiki profile afaik. As long as scaling is sound, as it stands the profile is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back