• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE: Upgrading It To Tier 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the comic is canon (which I would like confirmation for) I wouldn't have an issue with using the crater personally. It's a high feat but I don't necessarily see that as inherently contrasting, and concerns of that can be placated a bit by just treating it as a "possibly" end.

I disagree with the demon destruction feat but it doesn't seem like that's too relevant now.

If the comic is canon (which I would like confirmation for) I wouldn't have an issue with using the crater personally. It's a high feat but I don't necessarily see that as inherently contrasting, and concerns of that can be placated a bit by just treating it as a "possibly" end.

I disagree with the demon destruction feat but it doesn't seem like that's too relevant now.
Does this calc work?

Don't get your hopes up but your possibly getting VERY high into 9-A (High enough to upscale to Baseline 8-C) or straight up 8-C

@Armorchompy

Maybe the canonity of the comic should be written in the verse page because WWE comics canonity is always controversial, such as WWE character fights against Superman.
The verse page needs a lot of updates, as well as some organizing to do to make it look more polished.

I mean that 9-B feats are still sort of rare and characters get consistently harmed badly by 9-C stuff, from high (or not very high) falls, to barbed wire, glass shards, tripping and such.
I promise you I can look up "wwe omg/extreme moments" on YouTube and find multiple videos/clips of wrestlers performing or surviving 9-B feats.

Trust me when I say 9-B WWE isn't rare to find.

That can be considered a kayfabe lore in the end, it already does a lot of crazy shit within the show itself. This one feat is instead a direct contradiction of what we see happening.
Armor already summed it up for me.

That doesn't cancel the fact that it's an extraordinary occurrence.
Yes, but the only time the ring has ever collapsed was when two big wrestlers perform a move like a superplex from the top rope. You're not going to see 200-pound wrestlers performing feats like that lol.

In this feat, Cesaro performs a wrestling move that craters the ring. The calc used two ends, those being v. frag and pulv, and pulv got accepted, so we got another tier 8 feat for the verse.

Since the calc got accepted, I'm proposing that we bump the WWE verse to tier 8. I was thinking of formatting the profiles something like this:

"9-B to 9-A (Insert feats/calcs of 9-B and 9-A feats here), possibly 8-C (Comparable to Cesaro, who cratered the ring)"

Depending on what tier said wrestler is in, we're obviously going to have to vary the explanations/justifications, as well as the tiering for everything. I'll make a future CRT for a scaling chain if this gets accepted.

But yeah. Tier 8 WWE. What y'all think?

Agree: @Armorchompy

Disagree: @SamanPatou

Neutral:
Updated OP with the new calc, as well as changing the vote tally since only two staff members have formed their opinion on the new calc.

You're cooking, but I'm not sure if this meal is to my taste.

Jokes aside, nothing seems out of place here. As long as the math holds up (which should be the case, given the positive evaluations by the calc group), I see no issue applying these changes. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the potential for these to be outliers if these characters are otherwise consistently depicted below such a level.
hmph, looks good
I'm with Saman and Armor, I don't think we have a solid basis for the fireball scaling to physicals.
Yeah, I don't think their is prove of WWE having UES scaling, so I am with Chariot, Saman and Armor.
@DarkGrath @KingTempest @Deagonx @DarkDragonMedeus

I mean that 9-B feats are still sort of rare and characters get consistently harmed badly by 9-C stuff, from high (or not very high) falls, to barbed wire, glass shards, tripping and such.
Just because one single comic (which totally isn't the main media tbh) has one crazy feat, it doesn't mean it dictates the standard of the verse.
I mean tbh there ARE 13 calcs that get into wall level and there are much more to be found to get into that. The reason 9-B was disputed was because formerly what was thought of as very very consistent wall tiering (Table Frag) was bunked. So it's more like Less wall level feats rather than more wall-level feats

there are a lot more wall-level feats that can be calced but a bit pointless init? uhh also I guess notable anti feats from falling from a not so high height are sometimes from being forcibly thrown from that height from a (would be) 8-C opponent. Same with glass shards and barbed wire hits

oh yeah also idk how tripping is being used? I mean I can name galaxy level characters that have gotten hurt by a trip

oh! oh! oh! also there's one more now which is cool :)

I mean tbh there ARE 13 calcs that get into wall level and there are much more to be found to get into that. The reason 9-B was disputed was because formerly what was thought of as very very consistent wall tiering (Table Frag) was bunked. So it's more like Less wall level feats rather than more wall-level feats

there are a lot more wall-level feats that can be calced but a bit pointless init?
This.

I can watch a "wwe extreme moments" compilation on YouTube, and I would find at least 3 feats that would yield 9-B results.

Another thing we need is a feat to scale the Mid Tiers to.

They literally scale to 1,000,000 Joules for no reason. They have no calcs to support this.

I think the ring feat is ok. It being solid because the rings irl ain't shouldn't matter.

It's depicted as solid here, the irl hollowness probably isn't meant to be considered in the slightest within kayfabe or whatever.

I'm generally hesitant to write off feats below 9-B as being cause for considering higher feats outliers, unless the feats below 9-B are strict about being shown as the limit of the character's potential. Often, you can make a case for just about any human character in fiction having below 9-B feats just due to fiction depicting them in a lot of circumstances as having human-like physical qualities, and not as some tier 8 bizzarro who levels city blocks every time they stomp the ground. There is a reasonable level of discretion among writers to ensure their characters aren't depicted as goofy relative to their stature just to remain consistent with powerscaling, and this should be factored in to our analyses of feats.

That tangent aside, the crater feat seems fine.

After looking this over again I think I'm more in favor of a "Likely" rating

The comics are canon

The feat happened no one's debating that it didn't

It's just a decent bit higher than what they currently scale to which is the only reason it's not accepted fully as a tier

Looking through that and our standards in regards to attack potency this would more likely fall under a "Likely" rating

"The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild" - Possibly rating
"The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favorable" - Likely rating

Thus I propose that the profiles affected receive a likely rating instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back