• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is more that he is almost guaranteed to be used for ridiculous spite matchups.
We have tons of characters that could incite that stuff (She-Hulk off the top of my head), spite matches are already against the rules, and we don’t get rid of profiles just because they cause mild bits of hassle like this (again, She-Hulk) not to mention plenty of fine and legitimate matches have already been made with no such issues as you describe above

Talking in extremely unlikely and hypothetical doomsday scenarios doesn’t get us anywhere. The profile hasn’t caused any trouble in its first 36 hours or so, how does it hurt to just let it be?

Yes, GyroNutz, me, and likely Bambu also think that it is an unnecessary major risk to take for no comparative true profit whatsoever.
Look, beyond our rules there is such a thing as caution and common sense as well, and this page is not important for our wiki and brings very unnecessary risks to it.

Also, we had very extreme trolls terrorising us in outright severely law-breaking manners for 2 to 3 years because we did not intentionally lie about Marvel Comics and DC Comics characters being much more powerful than they actually are. Do we really have to risk enduring another such ordeal or worse (given Logan's around 23 million YouTube followers) for no other reason than that some of our members find it potentially funny to use him in hypothetical ludicrous fight situations?
The issue is more that he is almost guaranteed to be used for ridiculous spite matchups.
@DarkDragonMedeus @GyroNutz @Mr._Bambu @AKM sama

Would you be willing to help out here as well please?

We have tons of characters that could incite that stuff (She-Hulk off the top of my head), spite matches are already against the rules, and we don’t get rid of profiles just because they cause mild bits of hassle like this (again, She-Hulk) not to mention plenty of fine and legitimate matches have already been made with no such issues as you describe above

Talking in extremely unlikely and hypothetical doomsday scenarios doesn’t get us anywhere. The profile hasn’t caused any trouble in its first 36 hours or so, how does it hurt to just let it be?
Velma is an even worse case.

It was not my intent to drag this process through the mud, but since we are already, I'd like to address a single dog ass take from this thread.

You guys act as though this is no different than any other fictional character, as if it would be just as absurd as causing controversy because of an anime character (which shows how much you know- we get loads of flak for the state of our anime profiles).

This is a really silly simplification. Logan Paul is a real, breathing human being with real (or so I'm told) fans. He has been at the center of numerous controversies, and even if he wasn't, it's still an actual guy we're debating about the death of. What we rate him as isn't some mitigating compliment.

Y'all want to discuss the possibility of death of a real dude and I think it is one of the most degenerate things on this site (and you have staunch competition). But hey, it's allowed, so rather than pissing on the matter and exclaiming joy at the rain, just go and talk about how Logan Paul loses to Barnie the Dinosaur or some shit (peak comedy!)

If you are worried that much, we can keep his page locked as an exception. No unauthorized changes meaning 90% of those few dozens who'll try to attack us in this unlikely hypothetical will probably get discouraged.
Well, I do not mind if we lock the page at least.
Also, I am a firm believer of not letting trolls get under my skin. Giving them attention would be counter intuitive.
These were not just obnoxious prankster trolls. They came up with lots of ways to severely destabilise our wiki in ways that the official Fandom staff had to change its settings to stop, used a few thousand sockpuppets, bombarded us with hundreds of instances of disgusting real life gore or **** images, death and rape threats, and genocidal bigotry. They were so obsessive that they uploaded over 500 **** videos with my username in them to multiple shady Internet sites, which are still visible if somebody Google-searches for my username.
Plus we have a rule against spite matchups, sooo... -_-
And how well has that rule been followed for She-Hulk for example?

It was not my intent to drag this process through the mud, but since we are already, I'd like to address a single dog ass take from this thread.

You guys act as though this is no different than any other fictional character, as if it would be just as absurd as causing controversy because of an anime character (which shows how much you know- we get loads of flak for the state of our anime profiles).

This is a really silly simplification. Logan Paul is a real, breathing human being with real (or so I'm told) fans. He has been at the center of numerous controversies, and even if he wasn't, it's still an actual guy we're debating about the death of. What we rate him as isn't some mitigating compliment.

Y'all want to discuss the possibility of death of a real dude and I think it is one of the most degenerate things on this site (and you have staunch competition). But hey, it's allowed, so rather than pissing on the matter and exclaiming joy at the rain, just go and talk about how Logan Paul loses to Barnie the Dinosaur or some shit (peak comedy!)
Should we lock the page and remove its versus thread section, with a note regarding that matchups with Logan are not allowed?

Should we lock the page and remove its versus thread section, with a note regarding that matchups with Logan are not allowed?
No, because it is more trouble than it is worth, as is dragging on this thread. VS Battlers proclaim to not see the difference between Logan Paul and any other fictional character, so as we are the minority here, just leave it. They want action taken when it is warranted, we both know it most likely will be (or, perhaps, my half-awake rants will serve as some sort of counter-action to the filth that is to come).

Just leave them with their toy and move on from the issue. When it becomes an official in a technical sense again, we can come back.

And how well has that rule been followed for She-Hulk for example?
Yeah, but we’re not going to delete the She-Hulk page for it.

Do whatever you want with the profile when it becomes a problem, I’m not all that passionate about Logan’s WWE run or anything, I just think speaking in hypothetical situations where the wiki burns down because someone didn’t like a single profile in a not massively in-wiki high-profile verse and rallied a fan base that in all likelihood would be apathetic towards the issue is silly.

Tell me. How many of those controversies were ever about his stats on a site that lists the abilities and skills of random wrestlers/boxers for ***** and giggles?
Y'all act like his fans are just gonna magically stumble upon that page and try to unleash a horde of hell hounds onto us because of it.
Just delete the profile at that point.
Not saying I want it deleted, because I don't, as it doesn't really hurt anyone. But if you're just gonna ban em from making matches and lock the profile then there's no point in having it.

Tell me. How many of those controversies were ever about his stats on a site that lists the abilities and skills of random wrestlers/boxers for ***** and giggles?
Like all of them, what. Do you know what site you're on?

To be clear, I think locking the page is a goddamn good proactive move, just like we'd lock any other likely controversial page.

Do you know how many ridiculous matchups we had to deal with the moment WWE became 9-A? 😭😭😭

Mfs really had the gull to put my boi Theory against a ******* sea monster.
I wonder who that was...

But like, real shit, Logan is already gonna be getting his ass beat in WWE, if Vtubers are allowed despite the fact they could die in a versus thread, I don't see why Logan wouldn't be either.

Caution is good, but too much caution is paranoia

HUH? That's darker than I expected. I doubt anyone wants that or views it in such way.

I mean, sure his character and his "actor" are inseparable to most, but that's how it usually works. I bet people sometimes create spite matches for Harry Potter cause of Rowling hate.

HUH? That's darker than I expected. I doubt anyone wants that or views it in such way.

I mean, sure his character and his "actor" are inseparable to most, but that's how it usually works. I bet people sometimes create spite matches for Harry Potter cause of Rowling hate.
"n-no bambu, logan paul is a fictional character, l-look! wwe is all fake dude!"

To address another one: VTubers also shouldn't be allowed. If this were an autocracy and I were the head for some godforsaken reason, they'd be some of the first to go.

Bro why didn't I catch on to this earlier lol.

Y'all want to discuss the possibility of death of a real dude and I think it is one of the most degenerate things on this site (and you have staunch competition
This is a bit much imo. You can apply this logic to many, many people on this wiki.

For the record, I have no issue with locking the page, we do that all the time for stuff like this, it would be a good preventative measure. Match-banning is more drastic though, and I’d prefer we see some actual proof that Logan Paul spite threads will become more of an issue than the likes of Velma or She-Hulk and will take significant time and effort to repel before action like that was taken

To address another one: VTubers also shouldn't be allowed. If this were an autocracy and I were the head for some godforsaken reason, they'd be some of the first to go.
Don't get me wrong, i share the same sentiments, but laddie dee laddie da, they got allowed on a thread like... a year ago. I don't think any pages have gotten made yet tho

Like all of them, what. Do you know what site you're on?

To be clear, I think locking the page is a goddamn good proactive move, just like we'd lock any other likely controversial page.
You said he was at the center of multiple controversies.
I said none of those were ever about his power/skill as a wrestler.
But look, to put it quite simply, if nobody came to raid this forum over other unorthodox profiles with celebrities in them, I doubt this is gonna be much different.
Locking the profile is a great move admittedly.

"n-no bambu, logan paul is a fictional character, l-look! wwe is all fake dude!"

Bruh. You know what I mean. If people will want to have a satisfaction of Logan Paul's death, and go make spite threads, than I be damned, the problem is not a profile.

If I was a head, I'd ban SCP.
Jk,jk... Unless...

Bro why didn't I catch on to this earlier lol.

This is a bit much imo. You can apply this logic to many, many people on this wiki.
My man, you can track my history down the line to 2018 when I became a staff member. I have always been against the adding of real world personages under the flimsy defense of "oh well they're playing a character". Practically everyone is. I disagree with the existence of music video profiles, WWE, YouTubers, VTubers, stage actors, the list goes on and on. Anything where the degree of separation from reality is the terrible claim that "well it clearly isn't meant to be real so it's the same as making profiles for an anime character".

This shit's disgusting. But hey, I've seen people do worse and claim it's just memes hardy-******-har.

We're derailing, regardless. I've made my views clear. Lock the thread again, locking the profile is clearly a relatively uncontroversial decision.

My man, you can track my history down the line to 2018 when I became a staff member. I have always been against the adding of real world personages under the flimsy defense of "oh well they're playing a character". Practically everyone is. I disagree with the existence of music video profiles, WWE, YouTubers, VTubers, stage actors, the list goes on and on. Anything where the degree of separation from reality is the terrible claim that "well it clearly isn't meant to be real so it's the same as making profiles for an anime character".

This shit's disgusting. But hey, I've seen people do worse and claim it's just memes hardy-******-har.
Agreed. I even added that stage personas should not be added to our rules quite a long time ago.

Well, I am technically probably the highest ranked staff member here, or at least the one with the most senior position in sum total, even though I only use it if I get very stressed out about something that I think seems extremely harmful to our wiki as a whole, and I still keep getting downvoted whenever I try to remove the SCP Foundation from our wiki, despite that it is mainly based on conceptual fact sheets rather than actual coherent stories, which is against our wiki rules...

I share similar sentiments to Bambu, I think the profile is weird considering we all know what it's going to be used for. It walks a thin line with our standards but to the dismay of some it's able to pass, I suppose.

Just don't get carried away with these things, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back