• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile Deletion (Potentially the WWE-verse with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove: Mr. Bambu, Deagonx (Logan, leaning towards it for WWE as a whole), Damage3245, Flashlight237 (Both Logan and the verse), Maverick_Zero_X

Keep: Qawsedf234
(Including Logan Paul), Tllmbrg (Ok with Keeping Logan), Agnaa, LephyrTheRevanchist, KingTempest (Neutral on Logan), Armorchopy (Neutral on Logan)

Neutral/Don't Care: ByAsura. Antvasima (Leaning towards keep WWE, with the note that he would prefer that the Wrestler's closer to Reality than Fiction be Purged (This would of course, include Logan Paul))

So we have 6 staff that want WWE to be kept here on the wiki, and we now have 5 staff who oppose to it, with Ant willing to keep WWE as long as the wrestlers that are closer to reality than fiction are purged, which would include Logan Paul.
My apologies for constantly clogging up the thread, but why are we only counting staff votes?

Yeah, yeah. Staff opinions matter the most in the long run, but this is a Content Revision Thread with no specific restrictions, so why are all of the blue users who voted for either side not counted here?

My apologies for constantly clogging up the thread, but why are we only counting staff votes?

Yeah, yeah. Staff opinions matter the most in the long run, but this is a Content Revision Thread with no specific restrictions, so why are all of the blue users who voted for either side not counted here?
because staff are the only ones with evaluation rights for CRT's.

It's not the matter of what opinions matter, it's the matter of who's votes tip the scales, which are only Thread, Admin, and Bureau

To clarify, on the topic of Logan specifically, I'm neutral on him right now (since I'm not sure if there's enough story around him to make him noteworthy enough to not be considered a stage persona), but believe that he'll probably be acceptable in the future since he's contracted to be in a lot more stuff.

The rule against stage personas seems intended to disallow profiles that are for characters performed by the real-life equivalent of that character, and who either:
  1. Have little to no impact on the actual story of something with one (guest features on TV shows).
  2. Exist in a partially-fictionalised presentation (educational TV shows and YouTube videos, certain music videos).
So what should we allow?

Obviously, we still need standards, because this still edges a little close to pages we wouldn't allow. Here's a short list of
-Total ban on VS discussions, or any extension of "who would win" discussions regarding stage personas.
-Characters must have actually notable feats that go well beyond what the actor they're played by can do.
-Characters must have an original story or setting, one that isn't just a reflection of their real life.
These seem to be the current suggestions, which I think seem reasonable, although if characters do not break the other rules, meaning if they are much closer to fiction than reality, I do not personally mind if versus matches are created for them.

These seem to be the current suggestions, which I think seem reasonable, although if characters do not break the other rules, meaning if they are much closer to fiction than reality, I do not personally mind if versus matches are created for them.
For clarity, have you gone back on your stance regarding characters that share a 1:1 name to their real lives, or do you consider the bit about "Characters must have an original story or setting, one that isn't just a reflection of their real life." to be fulfilling that personal requirement?

Let’s gooo Scott the woz profile can be real

THE AVGN! THE AVGN IS REAL!

Remove: Mr. Bambu, Deagonx (Logan, leaning towards it for WWE as a whole), Damage3245, Flashlight237 (Both Logan and the verse), Maverick_Zero_X

Keep: Qawsedf234
(Including Logan Paul), Tllmbrg (Ok with Keeping Logan), Agnaa, LephyrTheRevanchist, KingTempest (Neutral on Logan), Armorchopy (Neutral on Logan)

Neutral/Don't Care: ByAsura. Antvasima (Leaning towards keep WWE, with the note that he would prefer that the Wrestler's closer to Reality than Fiction be Purged (This would of course, include Logan Paul))

So we have 6 staff that want WWE to be kept here on the wiki, and we now have 5 staff who oppose to it, with Ant willing to keep WWE as long as the wrestlers that are closer to reality than fiction are purged, which would include Logan Paul.

Well, we have decided to remove Logan Paul, but I do not know if my conclusions regarding the wrestling verse as a whole have been accepted, although maybe we should handle that in the other related discussion thread here.

Well, we have decided to remove Logan Paul, but I do not know if my conclusions regarding the wrestling verse as a whole have been accepted, although maybe we should handle that in the other related discussion thread here.
Honestly, this discussion is now becoming about stage personas as a whole, there is alrwady a staff thread for that, so it would be better to finish that one before discussing if wwe should be removed or not, since it would depend entirely on our stage persona rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back