• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Logan appears to be staying in the WWE (Which he is, seeing as he just signed a contract), he should be allowed to have a profile.

but if we begin to get in trouble, we will have to delete that page.
Of course, if the profile incited a pseudo-raid of Logan Paul fans here I’m happy to get rid, profiles should bolster people’s wiki experiences, not hinder them

Should I close this thread then?
Given its topic is concluded, I’d say that’s appropriate, yes. Thanks for your help here!

Yes, GyroNutz, me, and likely Bambu also think that it is an unnecessary major risk to take for no comparative true profit whatsoever.

Here is what Gyro told me:
GyroNutz said:
By the way, in regards to that Logan Paul thread recently, I just want to say this. If our rules allow for technicalities such as a Logan Paul profile, WWE or otherwise, then we need to be more willing to use common sense and shut down ideas like these in the crib. This isn't a memed actor playing a character (e.g. DCEU Black Adam played by Dwayne Johnson), or an otherwise serious character that's the focus of many memes (e.g. Breaking Bad's Walter White, Joker's Arthur Fleck), this is Logan Paul playing Logan Paul.

Here is what Gyro told me:
Yes but there's one thing that Gyro said which summarizes our point. Logan Paul isn't playing himself. He's playing a WWE version of himself (Logan Paul). Anyone can make spite threads about a character because of the actor. I don't see why Logan's is any different. Because he's more realistic? Because he's playing a variation of himself? It doesn't matter. It seems less like an issue of him being real, and more an issue of the controversy surrounding him.

I partially agree with Ant, but I also can't really object to this.

This man is basically R. Kelly, his crimes against humanity are legion, a profile could incite raids (probably very few or none at all, but I guess the risk exists if you really want to be pedantic), etc, but I don't think that's a solid reason for deletion sheerly based on our rules.

I also have to say this site's existence generates relatively large amounts of controversies already. For example, just having Hulk, Superman, etc as Solar System level was enough for thousands of people to collectively act as if we'd recorded deceased people and posted it onto youtube.

So, imo, it's not worth it and shouldn't exist—I don't want it to exist, anyway—but it can exist.

Last edited:
logan paul’s fans are no more likely to raid than undertale fans, or fnaf fans, or minecraft fans, or mlp fans, or sonic fans, or literally any other verse with a notoriously shit fanbase

Off topic:
Does anyone have a complete list of of "crime against humanity" I wanna check how many of those rules are officially exist.
Google tells me there are 12 Crimes against humanity
Screenshot_20230203-182107.png

I wanna check and see if I'm in the clear or not.

The UN lists 9 as part of the first element and 2 other elements, but this is a CRT and we're derailing which is the missing 12th crime against humanity.

Anyway, I also have to object to this profile on the basis that it's 90% scaling, and such profiles are quite lame. But that's still not a reason for deletion.

I mean, we are an indexing wiki of fictional universes. And WWE is basically a TV-Show. So, the verse gets a pass.
Similarly, Logan Paul the character gets a pass. The fact that actor who played him is of the same name and can potentially not like it is irrelevant.

I mean, I disagreed with this logic when we talked about religion and myths, but at least it is understandable, since it isn't fiction in usual sense. But here? Nah.

I mean, I disagreed with this logic when we talked about religion and myths, but at least it is understandable, since it isn't fiction in usual sense. But here? Nah.

Wait are Religious profiles are allowed?
This is the punishment my locals told me for any drawing of religious figures
(Not that I'm a religious person or anything even close, nor do I have any interest in religion but ....just saying)

I'm to lazy to count, but it seems like the only people who think the profile is explicitly against the site rules are Ant, Dark, and Bambu. Everyone else seems to think that the profile is at least allowed by our current rules. And again, when was the last time that we got raided because we had a specific profile. Not because of where we put characters, but because we have a certain profile?

No they aren't allowed specifically because wiki staff was afraid of people with pitchforks as I recall.

And there was previously pages for Mythology, like Odin or Thor. But it was decided that those myths are actually a thing that some people still believe, and so pages were deleted.

We also used to have a page for the Christian (or maybe Abrahamic in general) God listed under mythology. So take that as you will.

No they aren't allowed specifically because wiki staff was afraid of people with pitchforks as I recall.

And there was previously pages for Mythology, like Odin or Thor. But it was decided that those myths are actually a thing that some people still believe, and so pages were deleted.
That is very interesting 🤔
Mannn I wish I had my own page imagine how cool that would be no wait actually it won't cause my superpowers would not be politically correct. 😳

I mean, we are an indexing wiki of fictional universes. And WWE is basically a TV-Show. So, the verse gets a pass.
Similarly, Logan Paul the character gets a pass. The fact that actor who played him is of the same name and can potentially not like it is irrelevant.

This aligns with my view point the most.

Look, beyond our rules there is such a thing as caution and common sense as well, and this page is not important for our wiki and brings very unnecessary risks to it.

Also, we had very extreme trolls terrorising us in outright severely law-breaking manners for 2 to 3 years because we did not intentionally lie about Marvel Comics and DC Comics characters being much more powerful than they actually are. Do we really have to risk enduring another such ordeal or worse (given Logan's around 23 million YouTube followers) for no other reason than that some of our members find it potentially funny to use him in hypothetical ludicrous fight situations?

Look, beyond our rules there is such a thing as caution and common sense as well, and this page is not important for our wiki and brings very unnecessary risks to it.

Also, we had very extreme trolls terrorising us in outright severely law-breaking manners for 2 to 3 years because we did not intentionally lie about Marvel Comics and DC Comics characters being much more powerful than they actually are. Do we really have to risk enduring another such ordeal or worse (given Logan's around 23 million YouTube followers) for no other reason than that some of our members find it potentially funny to use him in hypothetical ludicrous fight situations?
Yes because Logan Paul fans are totally worried about the rating vsbw gives his fictional WWE counterpart 😑

Imo, I feel like the staff is being a little bit too safe here.

I thought we always separated art from the artist. Why is one of the reasons y'all are hesitant to approve of a Logan Paul profile is because he's a controversial figure outside of the verse we're indexing him in?

Also, the chances of Logan Paul's subscribers doing a raid on this wiki because of the profile is pretty ******* low. If anything, they'd probably think it's a cool thing to see (most of his fans are kids I'm pretty sure, so this is probably an accurate depiction of how his fans would react). This isn't really a solid argument to stand on imo.

Even if Logan sees it himself, what are the odds of him doing something that will be detrimental to him and this wiki? Like I said earlier, why wouldn't he just think it's kinda cool that there's a website that shows how powerful his WWE counterpart is?

I think risks are being blown out of proportion here, yeah. The odds of Logan Paul both finding this profile and taking offence to it on such a level he incites a raid on the wiki are absurdly low, and there’s plenty of other profiles that could hypothetically carry similar risks (such as a profile of a trio where one of the group is blatantly a parody of MatPat, another controversy embroiled YouTuber), that have stuck around and cause 0 issues for YEARS.

Also, we had very extreme trolls terrorising us in outright severely law-breaking manners for 2 to 3 years because we did not intentionally lie about Marvel Comics and DC Comics characters being much more powerful than they actually are.
Why are you equating Logan Paul to Marvel and DC? The Vs community surrounding those are massive, so it makes sense that the largest vs wiki is going to have issues with them. A Logan Paul fan would have to come on to the site, look up Logan Paul, hate the fact that we have him as a profile (When we give him some of the best stats humanly possible and praise his skill), try to incite other fans to their "cause", and those people would have to care about it to. You can't equate some of the largest fictional verses that are intertwined with verses debate to a YouTube who's main content isn't even close to what we do here. Not to mention we aren't using his YouTube persona. We are using his wrestling persona, which has an even more niche community than before.

Yes because Logan Paul fans are totally worried about the rating vsbw gives his fictional WWE counterpart 😑
The issue is more that he is almost guaranteed to be used for ridiculous spite matchups.

If you are worried that much, we can keep his page locked as an exception. No unauthorized changes meaning 90% of those few dozens who'll try to attack us in this unlikely hypothetical will probably get discouraged.

Also, I am a firm believer of not letting trolls get under my skin. Giving them attention would be counter intuitive.

Plus we have a rule against spite matchups, sooo... -_-

Do you know how many ridiculous matchups we had to deal with the moment WWE became 9-A? 😭😭😭

Mfs really had the gull to put my boi Theory against a ******* sea monster.
What I'm trying to say before someone takes this out of context is that potential spite matches, while somewhat likely, isn't something we should be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back