• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light manipulation for sirens(Azur Lane)

These translations are wrong the real translations are here. First scan
小心,这个型号的塞壬是会使用光线武器的敌人,注意迎战!
Be careful, this type of siren is an enemy who can utilise a light ray weapon, stay cautious upon confrontation!
光线武器 means a weapon that implements light.
second scan
一道耀眼的白光扫过水面,沿途的海水在刹那间沸腾,冰层与来不及规避的量产型军舰瞬间就化为了蒸汽。
A beam of coruscant light swept across the sea; vaporising the seawater and ice glaciers in front of it, as well as the fleet of ships that couldn't flee in time."
here the feats of these laser

Last edited:
Neutral, but i'm inclined to disagree here as Vietthai has said that those aren't light at all when i brought your question on AL thread
What?the test implies that it is light, even the narrator said that and btw
•the beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
•It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

What?the test implies that it is light, even the narrator said that and btw
•the beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
•It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
It passed the second but where in the OP does it diffused in a reasonable realistic manner or reflect of material that could be expected? The scans at the bottom just look like the beams are shooting off in different directions, so I need to know what I'm suppose to be looking for exactly.

that isn't ray of light, laser or light don't bend and homing on target like that
I don't see the problem when in Honkai the "ray of light"do it and are still considered real light

and btw here another "dodge" feat.

go to 1:20
It passed the second but where in the OP does it diffused in a reasonable realistic manner or reflect of material that could be expected? The scans at the bottom just look like the beams are shooting off in different directions, so I need to know what I'm suppose to be looking for exactly.
I don't know what to say, it could just be gameplay since it's impossible for 2/3 lasers to be fired in a single canon.
in any case I don't go against this since even in some trailers the laser are bend

Last edited:
I don't remember much about Honkai, but that ray of light is consider to be plasma beam iirc so lol. You can call experience staff when it come to ray of light thing, but me i disagree, ray of light, laser normally don't bend unless we talking about they moving in special environment

That Is just gameplay, purifier never show that anycase here the feats of the laser

And the acclamation "laser are bend"cannot be used bc the trailers are only promotional and therefore we can say that that was just a representation of the real laser.
Here again the translations
Be careful, this type of siren is an enemy who can utilise a light ray weapon, stay cautious upon confrontation!
second scan
A beam of coruscant light swept across the sea; vaporising the seawater and ice glaciers in front of it, as well as the fleet of ships that couldn't flee in time."

Last edited:
That Is just gameplay, purifier never show that anycase here the feats of the laser

And the acclamation "laser are bend"cannot be used bc the trailers are only promotional and therefore we can say that that was just a representation of the real laser.
Here again the translations
second scan

I get what your saying but for it to qualify you need enough of the criteria meet.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

You have proven the 4th criteria and that is that they are comprised of light itself. But on this site, you need about 2 to 3 criteria fallowed to get it accepted as legit (unless it's called lightspeed then that counts more than the others). So in addition to the statements you posted, you now need one to two of the following.

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
If you can provide evidence of one of the above then I'd be more inclined to agree that they are real lightspeed.

Back