• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Letting my intrusive thoughts win (Yu (The Boxer) vs Mikey (Tokyo Revengers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that Yu isn't vulnerable to kicks, because he doesn't possess the weakness that the average Boxer has. Whether or not Mikey can hit Yu with a kick once this is established is up to his personal skill level, which he lacks.

2nd scan is Mikey ripping someone's face up with his hands, it's not even him kicking, so no idea why you sent this.
You've given no evidence to this other then "he can dodge a low kick from a boxer who's never trained in kicking" ?!

As someone who's done boxing and has trained with skilled boxers, I'll tell you right now they would get folded by people I know training in martial arts. Now lets imagine its a boxing prodidgy (I've come across one) and a genius prodidgy in martial arts (I've met one), the boxer would get outskilled in terms of everything, and I'm speaking from the expirience of sparing a prodidgy boxer
Those people are just not skilled enough to do that. Yu (and the average Genius in The Boxer) are leagues beyond any normal Martial Artist IRL through sheer talent.
You've given no evidence to this other then "he can dodge a low kick from a boxer who's never trained in kicking" ?!
You've given no evidence either, so why are you talking lmao.

The literal first comment of this thread was "Mid Revengers". I hate people that throw stones then hide their hand. Dont be childish. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
First, it's a meme
Second, it's a joke
Third, never take everything personally and you didn't

Those people are just not skilled enough to do that. Yu (and the average Genius in The Boxer) are leagues beyond any normal Martial Artist IRL through sheer talent.
Lol, this is coming from a place of pure not knowing things, have you seen a genius martial artist ? Mikey has been seen to use up to ten different techniques from different styles in one fight, including boxing, he just knows more then Yu, there is no debate, Martial artists > Boxers

Lol, this is coming from a place of pure not knowing things, have you seen a genius martial artist ? Mikey has been seen to use up to ten different techniques from different styles in one fight, including boxing, he just knows more then Yu, there is no debate, Martial artists > Boxers
I genuinely only remember Mikey kicking well and nothing else ngl.

The point is that Yu isn't vulnerable to kicks, because he doesn't possess the weakness that the average Boxer has.
Average Boxers nor pros have defense against kicks. Using a kick from a untrained kicker as your premise does not prove he will doge every single kick there is. Has he defended knees? What happens if mikey grabs his arm and breaks it? He cant free himself. That santorino thing is literally the only kick thrown the entire manhwa.
Whether or not Mikey can hit Yu with a kick once this is established is up to his personal skill level, which he lacks.
it already was. Also 7 martial arts > only knowing Boxing. More skilled. That is just basic math. No need for a deep response to that.
2nd scan is Mikey ripping someone's face up with his hands, it's not even him kicking, so no idea why you sent this.
my mistake this and this. Yu has no response to being grabbed and having his arm broken then mounted and killed like South and Kazutora were

Everything he can do is on his profile under notable attacks
oh yeah where most of the things are kicks as I mentioned by saying he kick and where him throwing a random punch is the proof he can boxe or jsut because he sits on a dude and punch him he know mma, I see.

Idc if Martial Artists are stronger than Boxers, the point is that "The Boxer" (Webtoon) Boxers > IRL Martial Artists, and that Yu > Mikey. The strength of the style becomes independent of the strength of the character.
Has he defended knees?
There's literally 0 difference between dodging a knee and dodging a low kick. If anything dodging a knee is easier because a knee has a shorter range.
What happens if mikey grabs his arm and breaks it?
He won't be able to because he'll never touch Yu. Ever.
already was. Also 7 martial arts > only knowing Boxing. More skilled. That is just basic math. No need for a deep response to that.
Knowing more skills doesn't make you more skilled. It just means you have a wider range of techniques you probably haven't even mastered.
my mistake this and this. Yu has no response to being grabbed and having his arm broken then mounted and killed like South and Kazutora were
Bro, I can do what Mikey did in that first scan. That's not impressive.

oh yeah where most of the things are kicks as I mentioned by saying he kick and where him throwing a random punch is the proof he can boxe or jsut because he sits on a dude and punch him he know mma, I see.
Lol, did you see his hand to hand combat ? he was deflecting shit and punching back left right and centre, stop ignoring key parts of his profile

Lol, did you see his hand to hand combat ? he was deflecting shit and punching back left right and centre, stop ignoring key parts of his profile
Are literally punches I can replicate.... Any human can do straights, jabs and hooks, it doesn't mean everyone knows how to boxe

The notable attacks section of the profile just takes random movements Mikey does and calls them "Martial Arts" despite the fact these are probably never referred to as specific Martial Arts. I don't exactly trust that.

I can probably do what Mikey did in the first gif myself. It's not exactly impressive.

Idc if Martial Artists are stronger than Boxers, the point is that "The Boxer" (Webtoon) Boxers > IRL Martial Artists, and that Yu > Mikey. The strength of the style becomes independent of the strength of the character.
Lol thats in the boxer. In Tokyo Revengers Mikey has folded trained boxer's on multiple occasions, he's even terrified people trained in boxing with a blank stare. Meaning in this case since the verses see martial arts in different ways we would go to the real world where martial artists > boxers skill wise, just search it up
There's literally 0 difference between dodging a knee and dodging a low kick. If anything dodging a knee is easier because a knee has a shorter range.
There is a massive difference, you should hop in the ring, the difference is larger then you think dude smh
He won't be able to because he'll never touch Yu. Ever.
Lol, Mikey would increase his speed over time, from what I remember Yu's reaction speed is subsonic, meaning Mikey would catch him eventually, even so, I doubt Yu would be able to hit Mikey, and if he did Mikey would tank it since he has supernatural willpower LOL and the AP advantage is 3x, we also gotta realise that Yu runs the risk of getting caught by Mikey and he wouldn't be able to hold out against a class 25 LS
Knowing more skills doesn't make you more skilled. It just means you have a wider range of techniques you probably haven't even mastered.
Lol, Mikey has been called a genius in martial arts, he's defo mastered multiple techniques, the skill gap is for Mikey
The notable attacks section of the profile just takes random movements Mikey does and calls them "Martial Arts" despite the fact these are probably never referred to as specific Martial Arts. I don't exactly trust that.

I can probably do what Mikey did in the first gif myself. It's not exactly impressive.
Lol, no, the versus page was created by someone who actually knows this stuff since they can tell what martial arts he's doing

Mikey > Yu

Insinuating Witch never let his intrusive thoughts win outside this one time.
I meant specifically him pitting up TR against Peak.

Anyways, what's the arguments for why Yu's Analytical Prediction and reaction speed wouldn't work against Mikey again?

Did anyone notice we now live in a world where people think MIKEY beats Yu and Dazai?

Are we in a parallel world, Or am i dreaming?

Not to mention skill doesn't mean matter to Mikey, people like Draken who got folded by Mikey low diff while he was smiling literally beat 100 people who were trained like militants (Draken also did this with no difficulty)

Not to mention skill doesn't mean matter to Mikey, people like Draken who got folded by Mikey low diff while he was smiling literally beat 100 people who were trained like militants (Draken also did this with no difficulty)
those 100 dudes were only trained to act like militants, it's different, they are still goons so chill out.

I like how TR fans keep getting blamed when from the very first comment and the entire point of this thread was to argue with Tokyo Revengers supports. You dudes are throwing stones and hiding your hands to gaslight what is actually happening. I dare anybody to show me 5 comments where I got personal or angry. However, I can show 5+ for multiple of you who have disrespected tokyo revengers or anybody that chooses Mikey. Which is very very VERY strange behavior. Its toxic and childish.

Chill out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back