• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Letting my intrusive thoughts win (Yu (The Boxer) vs Mikey (Tokyo Revengers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boxer has literally layers to geniuses

Average boxer <<< Genius boxer <<< Jean pre evolution (Who was said to be the 2nd best skilled in the series with WOG) < Jean post evolution <<< Yu

Something like this, Can someone correct me if i'm wrong?

You don't know how Boxing or Martial Arts works at all. A Boxer isn't going to freeze up in response to a kick. What they are going to do is either side-step it with footwork, or back up outside of the range of the kick.
I know exactly how it works. Insinuating I don't have boxing knowledge changes nothing. He doesnt have to freeze up to still not have a real response to it. A side step? You think Mikey has never faced a side step? Ryusei uses side steps. Boxers have 0 response to having their legs attacked or kick feints or anything involved not to mention mikey also uses knee strikes and grappling which yu has no answer for. He only needs one attack lmao
Boxing is a Martial Art focused heavily on footwork, so the notion that a Boxer is incapable of dodging basic kicks is an idiotic one at best.
Footwork for BOXING. Every martial arts have different footwork there is literally 180+ different styles in existence dude.

The boxer has literally layers to geniuses

Average boxer <<< Genius boxer <<< Jean pre evolution (Who was said to be the 2nd best skilled in the series with WOG) < Jean post evolution <<< Yu

Something like this, Can someone correct me if i'm wrong?
It's definitely a bit more detailed than this, but you have the general concept down, yeah. (y)

know exactly how it works. Insinuating I don't have boxing knowledge changes nothing. He doesnt have to freeze up to still not have a real response to it. A side step? You think Mikey has never faced a side step? Ryusei uses side steps. Boxers have 0 response to having their legs attacked or kick feints or anything involved not to mention mikey also uses knee strikes and grappling which yu has no answer for. He only needs one attack lmao
The very fact you're arguing what Mikey does in response to Yu responding to his kicks, PROVES that Boxers have responses to kicks that Mikey needs to circumvent, lmfao.

The fact he OUTSKILLS EVERYONE to the point it's not even funny literally all his fights

This proves you know nothing about the verse and just simply want Mikey to win
You mean he outskills every boxer in his verse?. Mikey literally used 7 different styles and is gifted in 2 of them. Yu uses 1

Footwork for BOXING. Every martial arts have different footwork there is literally 180+ different styles in existence dude.
Martial Arts footwork does not vary heavily throughout styles that it's a horrific difference, my guy. The concept of feints and quick movement is universal probably throughout every style in existence. It just happens to be extremely prominent in Boxing.

The very fact you're arguing what Mikey does in response to Yu responding to his kicks, PROVES that Boxers have responses to kicks that Mikey needs to circumvent, lmfao.
Again. Boxers do not train for defense against kicks. Which is why 99% of pro boxers get slaughtered in the octagon. They have trained how to avoid every PUNCH possible. Kicks are not the same defense . The fact you dont understand this while insulting my boxing intelligence is hilarious. Bro has no experience outside of his own sport

Remind me why does this matter again when Yu has Analytical Prediction and can easily react to whatever Mikey throws his way.

Which is why 99% of pro boxers get slaughtered in the octagon
jake-paul.gif

Martial Arts footwork does not vary heavily throughout styles that it's a horrific difference, my guy. The concept of feints and quick movement is universal probably throughout every style in existence. It just happens to be extremely prominent in Boxing.
Lol so you telling me Mike Tyson and Ipman have the same footwork? You are hilarious.

You guys are acting like Mikey is just a dummy who takes every punch lmao. Let's assume Mikey somehow misses all his kicks (i wanna debate more on that part but it's like 4 am here), Yu can't just easily hit Mikey lmao. DI Mikey legit only got punched by a guy with Future Vision who can plan his attacks before Mikey even throws a kick which is something Yu can't do no matter how much analytical prediction or enhanced vision he has. DI Mikey can just dodge his punches and even if it lands. The AP difference is literally 7 times it would barely tickle Mikey...

Alright I'm going to sleep fr now.

DI doesn't even amp his reaction and Yu has steroids who boost him to the point he will disappear, also you proved Yu could punch Mkey, Take could punch Mikey since he could find the timing to do that as Mikey wasn't in a position which allowed him to dodge an incoming punch.
You guys are acting like Mikey is just a dummy who takes every punch lmao. Let's assume Mikey somehow misses all his kicks (i wanna debate more on that part but it's like 4 am here), Yu can't just easily hit Mikey lmao. DI Mikey legit only got punched by a guy with Future Vision who can plan his attacks before Mikey even throws a kick which is something Yu can't do no matter how much analytical prediction or enhanced vision he has. DI Mikey can just dodge his punches and even if it lands. The AP difference is literally 7 times it would barely tickle Mikey...

Alright I'm going to sleep fr now.

All footwork is founded in the same general concepts, just applied differently.
Yes. The general concept of having 2 feet then it ends there. The poses, mentality, muscle memory, and attack patterns are all different. Yu has no defense to kicks as he has never defended against it.

Yes. The general concept of having 2 feet then it ends there. The poses, mentality, muscle memory, and attack patterns are all different. Yu has no defense to kicks as he has never defended against it.
Blud didn't read. That's wild.

Agree with DekuGlazer here, Mikey stomps this.

AP advantage of x3 (again)
LS advantage of an insane ammount
More Skilled
Resistant to analytical prediction, would likely just slowly increase his speed against Yu like he did with Takemichi, although Yu has a higher reaction speed. His stamina isn't higher, he would eventually fall victim to a devestating arm break, arm grab or a kick to the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back