• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's slow down a little (JJBA speed downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not even against a massive downgrade for a chunk of the cast, saying everyone is MFTL is the real issue, not the Stand who's consistenly shown to be far above lightspeed in every single way one can get a speed rating, from scaling to feats.

This would be like saying a character cant smash down a wall because he was locked in prison and said he wouldnt really be able to escape by smashing the wall, even though he can fight people who break down walls, broke a wall earlier right before that line, breaks the prison wall anyway, breaks the prison wall again just because, and later on in the story caves in a wall again to hammer in the fact he can. Like, pretty sure at that the point the dude being able to smash down walls isnt really subject to debate. So I'm wondering why this is a thing as well.

Someone also mentioned that Chariot being that fast ruins Abdul's death as well? I dont think I should mention this but uh, everyone thought he was doing some mirror world magic shit, they only realized he was a beam of light in Chapter 5 of 6.

Someone also mentioned that Chariot being that fast ruins Abdul's death as well? I dont think I should mention this but uh, everyone thought he was doing some mirror world magic shit, they only realized he was a beam of light in Chapter 5 of 6.
Exactly. Polnareff discovered Hanged Man's modus operandi near the end of Chapter 5 (of the fight). Then he immediately proceeds to blitz the stand by isolating one trajectory (Only Polnareff, Kakyoin and one kid were there at the time and Hanged man was in the kid's eye)

In chapter 6, it is shown that Hanged Man starts his motion and then Silver Chariot intercepts him - the same depiction is there in the anime and the old OVA as well

No he couldn't have? Polnareff literally thought he was attacking from within mirrors and the like. Why would he attack something he doesn't know even exists at all? In fact, why would he attack something when he was under the impression that Hanged Man worked in a completely different manner?
You're basically asking why didn't Polnareff try and account for something that he had no idea was actually the case and actively believed in something else, with said belief actually being his downfall for awhile, it's not till Polnareff actually notices Hanged Man moving between some surfaces later on that he realizes that he's moving at lightspeed between objects, prior to that, he was under the impression that the Stand existed in an alternate mirror dimension and his ability was that. .
And that's ignoring Hanged Man was waiting in the puddle to stab ahead of time, you cant hit Hanged Man if he's already in the reflection.

So yes, saying, even implying that Polnareff had any say in the Abdul circumstance is wrong, explicitly so. He doesn't learn that Hanged Man behaves as a beam of light till way later on, let alone the fact Hanged Man was already there. Also, you ignore the fact Chariot quote literally does slash Hanged Man at speeds hundreds of times faster than him explicitly, and has supporting feats to back this up.

And, again, because apparently nobody listens worth a damn. Pol=/=Chariot.

I'm honestly surprised you of all people are arguing this when your favorite verses are far more contradictory and riddled with such examples , The Pokedex comes to mind as a bunch of statements that get superseded by feats that contradict the lower end statements like shit like Peak Human Goodra or subsonic Machamp.

Last edited:
Funny how you lie and twist it your way, you really dont know what you talking at all, evident on Heaven Dio tier which you were debunked and proven wrong, accept the truth

Also no to your "counter" to what i said, one can say goku isnt universal even if they seen dbs and are fans of the series, that sorta thing im talking about, fake fans or not real supporters that are against legitimate statistics, not lowballed or highballed ones, which applies here too with you and your pals against it for bullshit reasons
Ignoring the discussion for a while, take this as a staff telling you what specific thing not to do; do not make things evident based of, or bring with past matters like that to undermine other unrelated arguments. I don't take that I was proven wrong in that matter, but contradicting you saying so puts me in an inappropriate position as talking about that is unrelated to this therad, thereby as I care for the thread I wouldn't do that, and not talking about that past matter "makes me look bad" for what you said. Similar with saying that I really don't know what I'm talking at all and that I don't know stuff about the verse, I could make some list of all my contributions to the verse as that's the best way to answer back the notion you claimed, but that would be playing your super pity game. That's to be ignored, the people here may or may not be aware of how much I know the verse and that doesn't have to matter next to the arguments here and now.

Your attitude needs to be improved as you can't do those things you did, when I called it childish I didn't say so to humiliate you, something you don't seem to care about with comments like
The desperation of those arguing the MFTL rating as wrong is unbelievable
this. Which only achieves redundancy in terms of practicality.

Gotta love how everytime Chariot involved in a thread, there will be a war
Cant tell if that's a compliment or an insult but eh, I said multiple times early on that we should move on from Hanged Man for the time being to avoid this type of shit but, well clearly that didnt happen.

Though either way, war or not, simply allowing a faulty change to go through and be accepted without actual contention is the worst possible outcome and way to go about things, I disagree and I'm going to say as much and stand by it unless something comes up that would change my stance on the subject matter.
I don't disagree with everything mind you, but I'm not to keen on suddenly treating a contradictory statement proven flimsy at best if not outright wrong as gospel over explicit showings is the way to go about things.

I mean I don't blame him. I would the same if some members + staff start to agree with this without boths sides reach a conclusion.

I do personally think that we should develop standards for how CRTs should be presented, how they are accepted, and put limitations on debate length.

Chariot and others shouldn't be forced to respond repeatedly to what are essentially the same arguments under different phrasing and neither side should have the power to draw out a debate until the other side is exhausted.

I think it would be far better for the site if CRTs were sanctioned debates with limited replies and impartial judges.

I'm still in the process of going over this mess and I don't think I'll have a conclusive answer for my eval until a few days from now.

My stance is.

Every single Stand being scaled to MFTL is sus as ****. This is fair, and as such should be changed. Scaling every Stand even slightly fast to god tiers is stupid, it'd be like scaling all of the Z-Team to Ultra Instinct Goku, aka, ridiculous, it's dishonest as **** and we shouldnt treat every Stand as if they were actually all equal when many would get blitzed drastically, it's almost like lying. Thus a versewide downgrade is fair, just to what extent? That depends on a case by case basis.

Part 4 and RHCP fiasco is legit, they can likely be downgraded to a suitable tier in response. Probably Rel+ to lowend FTL for most depending how well they contended with RHCP and CD at varying points in the story.

The God Tier Stands in speed like Chariot and above should keep their MFTL rating, the only argument against this is one line only relevant for one chapter, that is proven false by scaling to other characters, proven false just prior to the line visually meaning it's already a tad sus, proving it false after it's said by attacking after it moves, and again later via going out of his way to blitz the Stand in question to such a degree it's quantifiably far above it. And then going on to perform more FTL+ feats later on in the Part supporting his showings and scaling as well as effectively proving the line contradictory in or outside that arc, effectively making that line PIS as it's quantifiably proven false in every manner it possibly could, at best, worse case scenario, it'd only be Pol taking a hit as his Stand is explicitly and consistently shown a certain tier with undeniable proof, if the latter, only explanation I can think of is that he and his Stand don't have linked senses as a downside, many think due to his armor.
As such 4 FTL/FTL+/MFTL feats done by the character in question, as well as scaling above other characters with FTL/FTL+ feats should be evidence enough, top tiers should stay MFTL, of course, when I say top tiers, I mean top, off the top of my head, not even ten stands hit that, if I counted right, it's only 8. And only the biggest of boys like The World.

Part 2's rating (for the most part) is legit, but the Kars calc should be taken a look at again, I downloaded some JoJo models to get an accurate scale of Kars' and Stroheim's body to use (given early Araki, sometimes have wacky proportions and the calc relies on a solid number for Kars) but the depth is actually a pain in the ass, would need a high and lowend to accommodate for depth, though both end up FTL+, just a pretty decent variance in it.

What should actually be discussed is how we'd scale Part's 5 and 6 in depth, or at the very least Part 4 given there's zero contention in regards to that Part in particular from what I can tell, meaning other disagreements aside, 90% of that Part can be gauged and scaled without issue, everything that has been said about Hanged Man has long been said and regurgitated like a hundred times, there's zero point continuing it further. Boiled down to the simplest of points, it's a matter of if you take feats and showings over a statement, or a statement over feats and showings, nothing more, nothing less. I really don't want to continue this topic, there's nothing left to really add.

In chapter 6, it is shown that Hanged Man starts his motion and then Silver Chariot intercepts him - the same depiction is there in the anime and the old OVA as well

Right, but that's only posible because he knows when HM is going to move and where, without that it's imposible for him.

All you can say with 100% confidence from that scan is that SC completed half a slash in the time HM moved from the vagrant's eye to a few inches from the coin.

he still need the speed even if he know that

And he has a significant amount of speed compared to HM, he just isn't over 300 times faster.

It's simple, the point where HM and the sword intercep is X, SC already near the coin just has to move around 1m to reach X while HM has to move at least 2 (because the distance between hobo and coin is greater than SC height) so everything makes sense that way.

Last edited:
>All you can say with 100% confidence from that scan is that SC completed half a slash in the time HM moved from the vagrant's eye to a few inches from the coin.
>It's simple, the point where HM and the sword intercep is X, SC already near the coin just has to move around 1m to reach X while HM has to move at least 2 (because the distance between hobo and coin is greater than SC height) so everything makes sense that way.

This is false. Like it or not, at the end of the day, we know what happened. Chariot did a, at least, 90 degree quarter circle slash which he began to perform when Hanged Man was already mere cm or two away from the coin. We know this, we are given all the information we need to come to this conclusion, this is not subject to debate. We are even given the direct confirmation on when he began his move as well.

The feat happens in a very certain way, this is true. I'm getting sick of arguing blatant falsehoods and misinterpretations of how the feat played out. The feat happened.
If you agree with it being used? That's one thing and at the very least, that's subjective and is open to opinion, but can we please not pretend the feat didn't actually happen the way it did.

Now can we please actually discuss something that isn't objective, the feat happened, nothing is going to change how it happened, so instead of trying to argue it didn't happen the way it did, argue, at the very least, something that's actually worth open to debate or discussion like I outlined above.

My stance is.
I myself fully agree with this post. The huge majority of Stands should be downgraded since they simply don't scale to Silver Chariot, an Stand whose whole stick is being fast, but saying the feat that objectively happened doesn't apply because of a statement goes against the whole basis of this site, feats > statements, it doesn't matter if Pol says he can't do it if he does in fact do it later on. So downgrade basically the whole verse if needed, but the likes Star Platinum must definitely scale to this feat.

Basically that. Though I'm a bit busy right now so I can't extrapolate and clarify my thoughts further till later if this picks up again.

At best, only extremely powerful physical stands should scale to Silver Chariot. Star Platinum, The World, King Crimson, maybe Crazy Diamond, Sticky Fingers and Gold Experience. I am not super-knowledgeable beyond the anime

I thought I was reading the One Piece manga when I read this thread
I'm knowledgeable from Part 1-5 Part 2 is the best, then Part 3 IMO
So from what I'm seeing, here is who would scale.
Silver Chariot (for doing the feat)
Star Platinum & The World (for keeping up with an amped version of above + being the fastest stands in that part)
Crazy Diamond (for keeping up with Star Platinum)
King Crimson (for manhandling Silver Chariot with ease)
Sticky Fingers and Golden Experience (for keeping up with each other + keeping up with above)
And anyone who gets feats of keeping up with them and such.

Echoes Act 3's feat on his page seems valid so idk why that wouldn't work. Same with Okuyasu's. Anyone who scales off of them should be fine since they have valid feats.

>Crazy Diamond (for keeping up with Star Platinum)

Not even him, he actually cant keep up Star Platinum. That was gonna be discussed in a different CRT. Maybe Crazy Diamond at his absolute peak could scale to a fraction of it but even then.

>Sticky Fingers and Golden Experience (for keeping up with each other + keeping up with above)

They're far slower than King Crimson, but not to a degree they're helpless. They just fast enough to barely contend with them, ie, not fast enough to scale to King Crimson in full but can scale to a fraction, idk what said fraction would be though but it wouldnt be the full thing.

I was also iffy on Crazy Diamond, but I do think Sticky Fingers and Gold Experience should scale, but maybe with a qualifier "upto X" or something like that

1) Respected and understood, I'll wait for the next CRT on that then.

2) I agree also, but what @RoyGundam insinuated should be taken into consideraiton.
It's not like with SP where we know for a fact it's faster, because with Bruno nd Giorno's stands they go toe to toe and lose to King Crimson because of hax. It's not clear that they're outsped in part 5. So at least for the part 5 stands, SF and GE should scale.

Jotaro considered Josuke and Crazy Diamond enough of a threat to use Time Stop off the bat. And, Crazy Diamond managed to break his guard and nearly swung on him, with Star Platinum choosing to stop time in order to evade his attack.

Even in their first encounter, Bruno almost managed to land a hit and was actually able to escape Diavolo, so I think it's reasonable to say that Sticky Fingers should scale

Jotaro considered Josuke and Crazy Diamond enough of a threat to use Time Stop off the bat. And, Crazy Diamond managed to break his guard and nearly swung on him, with Star Platinum choosing to stop time in order to evade his attack.
Josuke was angered, Jotaro was explicitly and confirmed several times over to no longer be in his prime.
Star Platinum that scales to Chariot=/=Part 4 SP.
Then we have confirmation by RHCP and even Josuke himself, that in reality, he and CD aren't nothing to Star Platinum. And we also have WOG and shit saying multiple times that SP is the top dog in the entire part in every conceivable manner. There's just to many things going on to say CD scales to him. I could go more in depth and actually posts the scans and all that, but that was kinda supposed to be saved for the other CRT.

>Even in their first encounter, Bruno almost managed to land a hit and was actually able to escape Diavolo, so I think it's reasonable to say that Sticky Fingers should scale

Almost, via surprise attack. I'm not saying SF doesn't scale to King Crimson, he does, just not all the way.

Just to get this thread going on, here's what I'm seeing after rereading the profiles and this thread. I took Chariot's reply into consideration and deep thought.

Silver Chariot: Massively FTL for doing the feat.
Star Platinum: Massively FTL (Can keep up with Silver Chariot while its speed was boosted by Anubis, who intercepted Hanged Man and beams of light from the Sun).
The World: Massively FTL (The World is faster than Silver Chariot and can keep up with Star Platinum).
King Crimson: Massively FTL with King Crimson (Though speed is rarely an issue for it due to time skipping, it still quickly gouged out Silver Chariot's eye and continued attacking Polnareff before he could defend himself and so on.

This (above) is what I assume is the set in stone.

Crazy Diamond: To be discussed in an alternate thread, but I'd give him FTL+ to Massively FTL (Outsped Killer Queen who Josuke referred to as "too slow").
Sticky Fingers: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL (Not too far behind King Crimson for keeping up with him).
Golden Experience: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL (Attacked Sticky Fingers before it could harm Giorno and continued to keep up with it in combat).
Echoes Act 3: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL (Tagged Black Sabbath before it stabbed Giorno, which was stated to be faster than Gold Experience).
Killer Queen: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL (Killer Queen easily blitzed Echoes ACT3).

Those who scale off of them would get similar ratings.

I put the FTL+ to MFTL because we don't know how much slower they are, and this is the safest choice (you can't convince me GE and SF are 36.5x slower than KC to put them at FTL instead of FTL+).

Since I understand the fact that not everyone should scale to the top tiers' full speed (which would take away one of their reasons of being top tiers), here's the ratings I'll give the casts from parts 3-5. Since there's so many damn villains, I'll do the villains in the next comment.

Stardust Crusaders​

The Fool: Massively FTL (Blitzed Silver Chariot in its initial meeting). I can't put that as FTL+ to MFTL, he flat out blitzed him.
Heirophant Green: FTL+, likely Massively FTL (Kept up with Star Platinum in a chase with its tentacles, and tagged him with an Emerald Splash).
Magician's Red: FTL+, likely Massively FTL (Kept up with and defeated Silver Chariot).

Diamond Unbreakable​

The Hand: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL (The Hand was capable of keeping up with Crazy Diamond; reacted to and caught a punch from it).
Red Hot Chili Pepper: Massively FTL with Red Hot Chili Pepper (Can blitz the Hand when charged up and move Josuke without him realizing it, before keeping up with Crazy Diamond. Stated to travel at the speed of light. After absorbing Morioh's electricity, it blitzed Crazy Diamond). That speed of light one needs to be discussed.

Golden Wind​

Sex Pistols: FTL+, likely Massively FTL (Can kick bullets faster than Sticky Fingers can attack. Reached King Crimson before it could grab the Requiem Arrow. They could catch Beach Boy's hook, which Bucciarati was unable to evade).
Spice Girl: FTL+, possibly Massively FTL with Spice Girl (Cut off Sticky Fingers' arm without Bucciarati realizing it).

If I don't put anyone notable, it's because they don't have speed feats.

It seems hella wanked (ironic since I'm the one typing it), but we can't act like they don't have clear feats. We can't just drop them because of no reason.

And I'm doing the villains in a google doc since part 3 and 5 got so many villains, you wouldn't believe how many have FTL+ to MFTL feats (being comparable to MFTL people) that It's not even funny.

That's why I'm doing the FTL+ to MFTL instead of straight MFTL. They have feats, they're supposed to be comparable, otherwise every fight would be a blitz.

All I'm doing now is just lining up the ratings based off of basic powerscaling. The Hanged Man feat was already discussed to death.

Honestly, here's an idea.

Put everyone in Part 3 and 4 except top tiers Relativistic to Relativistic+ instead of FTL, FTL+, and MFTL, since we have canon speed of light characters.

Is that a better solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back