• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dio Brando - Speed downgrade

So today I was discussing Jojo stats, and I noticed that Dio's speed is really sus, at least for his early Part 3 self.

Could casually and consistently deflect the Emerald Splash multiple times, seeing it as if it was in slow motion.

This isn't MFTL, but it is just Relativistic. If only Kakyoin had an actual reason to be Relativistic, as EVERYTHING ON HIS SPEED JUSTIFICATION AREN'T FEATS BUT JUST SCALING TO MFTL CHARACTERS such as Polnareff, Hol Horse or Dio himself.

Stopped time after being skewered but seemingly before Silver Chariot could greatly damage him.

This is just using a thought-based hax in time (yes) before being killed from a sneak attack. This is text-book Reaction speed.

Managed to react to an enraged Star Platinum's punch

Reaction speed again.

So you got the issue. One of the feats is scaling to a Relativistic character who hasn't any Relativistic feat, and the rest is just Reaction Speed stuff.

Aka we'd need to both discuss Kakyoin's actual speed, or just downgrade both him and Dio.

at least for his early Part 3 self.
High Dio does have a bunch of direct scaling, like blocking a punch from Plat and throwing hands so aight.
Indeed. Seeing rel attacks in slow motion and effortlessly deflecting them is solid support, not the reason, just a bonus to help cement it.
This isn't MFTL, but it is just Relativistic. If only Kakyoin had an actual reason to be Relativistic, as EVERYTHING ON HIS SPEED JUSTIFICATION AREN'T FEATS BUT JUST SCALING TO MFTL CHARACTERS such as Polnareff, Hol Horse or Dio himself.
Fixing that. He do got a rel fea but holy shit, is he inconsistent ngl. He's the only Crusader that's speed scaling is ******.
Stopped time after being skewered but seemingly before Silver Chariot could greatly damage him.

This is just using a thought-based hax in time (yes) before being killed from a sneak attack. This is text-book Reaction speed.
Indeed. It is. MFTL reaction speed.
Managed to react to an enraged Star Platinum's punch
Indeed, MFTL reaction speed. Speed amped Plat too.
Aka we'd need to both discuss Kakyoin's actual speed, or just downgrade both him and Dio.
I mean Kak is a hilariously ****** up mix bag, but he being worked on, actually he and Avdol are like 95%. Joseph needs most work atm tho.

Dio though actively reacts to MFTL stuff, and we know his combat = reactions, because he's THROWN hands before, like Jonathan and him throwing hands, tagging each other, reacting to each other, etc. It's just any JoJo profile not named Kira and Jodio as soon as I finish that one calc are kinda mid...

Also, Dio actually does move a few times while fighting Plat, an example so dk just slap that on for now if we NEED to fix this right away.

Not in the anime tho so understandable it was missed (few others too).

He's just very, very, inconsistent.

He DOES have MFTL feats and scaling, but he also has anti-feats against those SAME ******* dudes, so it's like well shit, does he scale, doesn't he scale, which is the inconsistency? He just isn't consistent and it isn't once or twice, he's WIDLY all over, I was thinking like At least rel (it's very low rel btw), possibly/likely MFTL (scaling), with note explaining stuff. But eh, he ain't quite done cooking yet and I'd like to order the JoJo mags first before finishing up the overhauls, especially the Winter 2023 one, as it has a bunch of Jotaro info and deets about the Crusaders scaling and power of all ******* things.

That's for HG btw. Kakyoin's baseline is way lower at like mach 21.4 reactions.

Back