• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's Make an RPG (Stage 1: World Development)

Here's my idea for an attack,

Kids: The user summons a half human half machine fighter by his side. There are various fighters some are human-fighter plane hybrids, some are human-space ship hybrids and some are human-sword hybrids.

All the fighters appear to be very young in age and interestingly, they have extremely similar eyes to their summoner. Also, the fighters get summoned completely at random

RKGenki said:
Bump: heals an amount of HP proportional to the number of turns passed since the last damage taken by the target

Necro: revive a fallen ally, with more HP the more turns have passed since its death
I love these ideas. Creative and interesting.

I can't believe I didn't think of Necro or Bump. Bump should revive a character by just a little bit while Necro should revive them entirely.

How about Derail? Isn't there a status effect that forces all enemies to attack the user and not target anyone else?

Also, I already have some status moves like "Wank" or "Downplay" which raise or lower stats respectively, "Profile Touchup" heals 30% HP, "Profile Cleanup" restores 100% HP, "Verse Cleanup" heals the entire team, "Verse Downgrade" lowers the stats of all the opponents, etc.

Vote might also be like a combined attack, the more party members use vote before it's unleashed (it should have like 1 turn of charge time) the stronger it is

FRA: A bonus Increases the probability of an attack of dealing much more damage than usual.

Grace Period: A special phase of the battle that can happen when only one of your characters is alive, and all the others are dead: you can increase this one's stats depending on the already dead allies: he can get some of their signature abilities (however, in this phase, dead allies can't get revived). The player can choose to activate this phase, and it's not obligatory. It's meant to be a "last resource" kind of phase.

Recognize how great this hax is.

"Profile Touchup" and Cleanup are both Information Manipulation that allows you to remove bad information from your body, i.e. damage or status effects.

"Wank" and "Downplay" are making yourself stronger just by saying "I'm stronger", or making your opponent weaker by saying "You're weaker" respectively.

I still think we need to focus on making the continents. Then we can discuss locations in them, then we can focus more on character development, then we can write the story.

This thread is going to be all over the place if we go too far off topic from what the title suggests.

Andytrenom said:
PIS: The opponents next attack may get disabled.
I'd say that it should make you resist the attack.

Making your opponent decide to not attack may be closer to CIS.

Downplay should also include Information Manipulation, as you could basically say "You do not have this ability" (Basically sealing aways skills)

Also Necro should only work in specific conditions. As the Staff Members will most likely close a necro'd thread anyway

You know. I wonder how someone who never interacted or heard of Vs Battles Wiki will react to this game.

I truly do

Where is my Canon Mountain where only the chosen one by the Emperor can go to upgrade their stuff? And awesome loot with strong enemies.

Wank: Has a chance of greatly increasing all your stats, but if your opponent is knowledgeable enough (High INT stats), they will call out your bullshit

The inner 12 year old in me is giggling like a mad man.

BTW If you need help making some of the more complicated skills, feel free to ask. The previously suggested Bump skill is pretty complex but i'm pretty sure I know how to do it.

The same way someone who's never read JoJo would probably react to Jorge Joestar. Pure confusion, followed with wanting to know the context behind this insanity.

@DMB It isn't manipulating the character into not attacking, it is manipulating probablity to removing the outcome of the character attacking.

Back