• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's Make an RPG (Stage 1: World Development)

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE COMMENTING. So the concept of this project is that we're going to make (or, at least, plan to make) an RPG that is VSB-themed. It's going to have many locations, characters, enemies, bosses, items, attack/techniques, etc. that reference verses, members, and inside jokes we have here on our wiki.

Don't take anything for granted, though.

Here's the blog post for all of the idea's I've gotten so far.

Right now I'd like to focus on developing the game's setting. So post some suggestions for locations and their features down below.

Some suggestions included:

• Having copycat VSB sites as alternate universes
  • Having separate kingdoms for FC/OC and JBW
These are some nice ideas for sure, but I feel like including them would be like having too much candy. Let's stick solely to VSB.

Here are some ideas that I like, and am definitely including in the game:

• The DC verse and the Marvel verse, two clans located in America, are constantly locked in war. DC is losing because FroggitTheEternalGod downgraded all of their troops to 11-A.
  • A cemetery that contains deleted verses, like the Suggsverse, Invisible Dragon, or Golovachev-Verse. If you interact with Suggsverse's grave, there is a small chance a random fodder will pop out and erase all of your save files. If you interact with ID's grave 100 times, it will trigger a secret boss fight with the dragon.
  • No Man's Land (Australia). The continent of Australia became so dangerous that humans cannot live there (except for Steve Irwin, who was revived from the sheer volume of new animals to discover). The sheer dangerous-ness of Australia somehow managed to attract dangerous beasts from across the globe. This is where all the composite animals live.
  • Scarlet Island. A hidden island on the edge of the world map where all of the retired staff members go.
  • VSB Foreign Office, where the player can learn all sorts of different moves in fiction. Ogurtsow is the NPC running it, and will greet the player by saying "Welcome!" in various different languages.
  • Some sort of Kingdom Hearts-themed JRPG place in Neo-Japan. It also allows the player to travel back and forth from the Disneyland in America.
Remember, we're focusing solely on locations, things they feature (such as optional boss fights and side quests, notable inhabitants, landmarks, etc.), and their historical contexts. Whether or not you can be in the game as an NPC will come later.

And if I don't take your suggestion, remember it's nothing personal.

We'll see.

But right now I'd like to focus on developing the game's world rather than worrying about the characters.

Anyone has an idea for a Marvel place?

Also, you should make one place for indie games and one place for webcomics.

So currently we have two continents: Neo-Japan and Neo-America. Do we need any more? Or should we just say a High 6-A behemoth just fricked everything up and only left two continents behind?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
So currently we have two continents: Neo-Japan and Neo-America. Do we need any more? Or should we just say a High 6-A behemoth just fricked everything up and only left two continents behind?
Lol As cool as that sounds You may want more eaa What other Mager pop culture center is there I guess? A neo EU? A evil NEO axis populated by all things propaganda?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
My idea is: Neo America dominated America, Africa and Oceania while Neo Japan dominated Europe and Asia.

Perhaps have all the ambiguous ones placed in "Neo-Antartica"? Because that same High 6-A being could've moved the continents around.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
What about Ultima's idea of copycat wikis being parallel universes? And they can BFR opponents there.
It's a cool idea but we're already having tons of stuff being included in the game. Adding parallel universes into the mix would be too much for me.

Remember, I actually have to develop all of this.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Perhaps have all the ambiguous ones placed in "Neo-Antartica"? Because that same High 6-A being could've moved the continents around.
I like that actually.

Should we stick with it?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
It's a cool idea but we're already having tons of stuff being included in the game. Adding parallel universes into the mix would be too much for me.

Remember, I actually have to develop all of this.
Then why did you mention it in the thread? Also there gose mine and palos chance at being in the game wa wwaa wwwwaaaaa

And characters who get downgraded are a reference to people who were rich but lost their money due to an economic crisis, and are having a hard time dealing with their new lifestyle.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
In Neo-Antartica, I've got Steam Harbor, a place where all the steam characters go, and Webcomic World, where all of the webcomics go.
Steam Harbor is basically indie/trash world right?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
The cemetary is full of horrible verses and profiles that Antvasima had to banish to a lower plane of existence for the safety of the world. The Composite Tree is the only thing that is left, located in central Neo-America.
Is ant 1-A?

SeryuShin should be the guy who temporarily erased from existence (banned) dozens upon dozens of people, including himself, and bringing them back only to repeat the cycle, until CrossverseCrisis puts him down for good.

(I also commented on the blog, AN ovo)

The real cal howard said:
SeryuShin should be the guy who temporarily erased from existence (banned) dozens upon dozens of people, including himself, and bringing them back only to repeat the cycle, until CrossverseCrisis puts him down for good.
Only for it to weaken him making him fade leaving rule of the oc kingdom to Prom

I would moreso imagine myself as an arbiter. I'm tied to no one and rarely get involved in events, but intervene when there's a major crisis to maintain order.

Because all I ever do is stalk chat and recent activity and fix stuff when things go wrong.

Do Real-life places exist in this world because I would love to fight John Denver on the zenith of the high Rocky Mountains in Neo-America as some kind of overworld boss.

I think Ant would just be sitting on a throne, king of the world. Then there'd be a sidequest where you play as him and seek out the Composite Tree to kill it.

I've been thinking of the final boss being MCU Thanos.

I'd just be the verse's Andrew Hussie.

Phoenix821 said:
Maybe there could be a bigger bad behind Thanos?
I'll probably make it something completely nonsensical with no relation to VSB whatsoever.

"I'm THE LEMON. I will destroy your filthy wiki!"

He'd be Low 2-C because he killed ArbitraryNumbers within Authorspace.

Back