• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is VS Battles Wiki so disliked elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will ask here bc it is off-topic question and not even that serious

So when I lurk at literally any other place, be it Youtube comment sections, comicvine, various battleboarding/character subreddits, everyone seems to absolutely despise this wiki. Why is that? I have been on this wiki since early 2019 (not very active) idk what this wiki exactly did to be hated so massively by every other related place

Does this wiki today has any major issues that would cause people to hate it (maybe past issues that were fixed/changed) or everyone seems to hate it because they don't like the way characters are tiered and jump on "muh vsb shouldn't be taken seriously" "muh vsb absolutely worst site" instead of coming and making proper crts on whatever they disagree with or actually try to understand tiering system? If some of the hate is geniune and for valid reasons can they be fixed

I just wondered lol

Most of the cases its because people doesn't understand that the pages are created by humans, with each one having a different opinion about a subject

Like, at end of the day, everyone hates everyone. Some VsBattle users hates Reddit users and ComicVine users, some ComicVine users hates Reddit users and VsBattle users, and Reddit users hates everyone

Basically what King said. But to further add onto this, it's also because we are the biggest battleboards in terms of popularity alone. Comicvine and SpaceBattles have been the top dogs for a while, but we slowly became number one. So, it's a mixture of everyone hating everyone, and the fact that we are the most well-known site for powerscaling, which obviously results in more people hating the site because they disagree with stuff on the pages we have of their favorite character, and clueless people not realizing we definitely aren't the most accurate.

Some other reasons are because of staff members, what it's a good justification to hate
Tbh yeah that too.
Although the majority isn't from this, probably. Most people don't even bother to check the forums for debates and shiz. From what I recall, most just see the website, hate the rating because it isn't like their ideal High 1-A-0 wank interpretation, and that's it. We're also an indexing website, so unlike Comicvine or Spacebattles- where you have to check many threads and stuff to see where your character is rated as- we are much more straightforward with it.

Because we rate according to the highest consistent showings while everyone else uses the lowest consistent showings (particularly comicvine and Reddit).

Other times it's the other way around (Discord).

Dimensional tiering also muddies the waters by making the characters much more powerful than people think due to lore additions most people overlook as useless information.

Also, there are vsdebating elitists who think it's superior to vsdebate without the use of strict structures like character profiles.

Because the site appeals to popularity and authority.

Part of it has to be this site using dimensional tiering instead of just doing what every other Vs debating entity (OBD, Comicvine, etc) does, which is just following Marvel's system of "Universe->Multiverse->Megaverse->Omniverse". I would know; I got lambasted for following the site's logic in the OBD.

I mean, fair. It's relatively scarce for fiction to make use of Superstring and M-theory, especially with how recent they are (M-Theory is younger than Scooby Doo!).

Do the other sites really hate our stats for bleach?

cause I remember something involving bleach and VSBW and the other sites didn’t like it.

maybe I’m thinking wrong, correct me guys.

BKxOytt.jpg

cause I remember something involving bleach and VSBW and the other sites didn’t like it.

maybe I’m thinking wrong, correct me guys.
Afaik Bleach scalers fall into 2 camps

Those that believe in Planetary Bleach, and those that believe in Universal Bleach. So both sides ******* hate VSBW's middle-ground

Those that believe in Planetary Bleach, and those that believe in Universal Bleach. So both sides ******* hate VSBW's middle-ground
I’m assuming the infamous bleach CRT’s also have something to do with this?

btw universal bleach does exist but only through environmental destruction and only yhwach can do that going by the stats

I've always seen the former. This site is the only place I know that does Universal bleach, and even then it's a pretty recent phenomenon to believe in.

I’m assuming the infamous bleach CRT’s also have something to do with this?

btw universal bleach does exist but only through environmental destruction and only yhwach can do that going by the stats
Well yeah ik about the Environmental Destruction but I mean scaling to Universal in physical stats

Personally I'm a proponent of 3-A/Low 2-C Bleach in physical stats myself

There's Dragon Ball Z for sure. I mean surely people are gonna detest how we split manga and anime scaling despite how the scenes in both the manga and the anime look basically the same.
I know another one

Apparently they absolutely despise outerversal chaos gods

to their eyes chaos gods are galaxy level at most IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back