• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is VS Battles Wiki so disliked elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we take the highest possible interpretation of the character rather than the ones that would make most "sense" in the story. Tho that depends a lot with the franchise.

And because calculations and our views of science are also sorta skewed, just ask any spacebattler from there about the accuracy of certain maths we did here and they will give an essay on everything that is wrong.

Most people here are at best, early college students or still in high school, the vast majority of people there have graduated a long time ago and had labor experience.

Well, that just an example, Comicvine is sorta similar but not so strict about calculations (If anything, is the extreme opposite as they find the majority of calculations ultimately fanon assumptions and not taken as the sole conclusion).

Last edited:
Because we take the highest possible interpretation of the character rather than the ones that would make most "sense" in the story. Tho that depends a lot with the franchise.

And because calculations and our views of science are also sorta skewed, just ask any spacebattle from there about the accuracy of certain maths we did here and they will give an essay on everything that is wrong.

Most people here are at best, early college students or still in high school, the vast majority of people there have graduated a long time ago and hadlaboral experience.

Well, that just an example, Comicvine is sorta similar but not so strict about calculations (If anything, is the extreme opposite as they found the majority of calculations ultimately fanon assumptions and not taken at sole conclusion).
How bout Reddit, which outright forbids calcs due to their ideal of "see things how you want to see things"? I would know; I've personally experienced it.

I mean, you know Reddit is not a single "site" right?

Is composed of multiple sub forums for their own exclusive purpose, I'm not sure if that is the general opinion there I don't see reddit a lot.

I knew some form of inverse square law was definitely gonna nerf it.
Mhmm. Then again, another calc group member came in and brazenly wanked the feat, and it's the same guy who thought trash cans exploding and splattering trash onto Cody was vaporizing the trash cans (he claimed shielding for the trash, but bro, if the trash cans were fully vaporized as you're claiming, how the eff would there still be trash splattered onto Cody?).

well its because everyone has different opinions on how strong a character is. Some think its wanked , others think its downplayed , thats pretty much it and probably because vsbw is popular.

Ah, are you talking about Sumerari (I think that was his name?)
Mhmm. Then again, another calc group member came in and brazenly wanked the feat, and it's the same guy who thought trash cans exploding and splattering trash onto Cody was vaporizing the trash cans (he claimed shielding for the trash, but bro, if the trash cans were fully vaporized as you're claiming, how the eff would there still be trash splattered onto Cody?).

I mean, you know Reddit is not a single "site" right?

Is composed of multiple sub forums for their own exclusive purpose, I'm not sure if that is the general opinion there I don't see reddit a lot.
Well as far as i know, every reddit sub forums in general are like a shitfest, they are very unreliable at most

Thinking about it, I have tried moving more towards accuracy. Yeah, I still follow VBW methods when it comes to destruction feats, but I've been accounting for the various types of mechanical properties used for certain entities. I have considered these types of forces thus far.

Compression (Compressive Strength): Ideally used when an object is crushed or compressed against a solid surface. Think of those cylinder tests or the Hydraulic Press Channel.
Tension (Tensile Strength): Tensile strength is used for when something gets pulled apart, like trying to break rope or a length of cable.
Shear Strength: Shear stress is the type of force that is acted when a perpendicular force is acted on an object, like punching a hole in a brick wall.
Bending (Flexural Strength): When bending something until breaking, flexural strength is the most usable thing here. Think trying to bend a pole or something.

Yes, but their Vs debating portion (Respect Threads, r/whowouldwin, etc) is intertwined with one another.
There's like 3 different subreddits dedicated to vs debating (not counting the respect thread/whowouldwin grouping since they're mostly interconnected) and all of them from what I can tell hate each other and the way they scale certain characters. Half the time its cuz downplay this, wanking that, something something high outerversal superman.

Anyways to answer the original question, for r/whowouldwin, most of the time its kinda just going off of how the feat looks + whatever statements those characters have. I've seen calcs done/used there a few times but they're quite rare and they usually just go with low to mid ends for feats which is kinda fair. As for other subreddits half the time they either use tiktok or youtube style vs debating, where everyone is either their extreme high tier or outerversal or some version of tier 1 because something something transcends space and time, or they use a separate wiki for their stats, forgot which subreddit that was but yeah.

There's like 3 different subreddits dedicated to vs debating (not counting the respect thread/whowouldwin grouping since they're mostly interconnected) and all of them from what I can tell hate each other and the way they scale certain characters.
I love how true this is as a frequenter of R/characterrants. If we weren't on the block they would focus their hatred on R/powerscaling.

But yeah, everyone hates everyone. If we were gone from the picture, I imagine the next biggest powerscaling community would become the laughing stock. Its easier to hate us, because we visualize our scaling in form of profiles (Good luck finding out the meta of Comicvine or CharacterRants without reading tons of their threads for example).

And genuinly, who cares about the opinion of youtube/tiktok powerscalers LMAO

tbh, vs battle wiki beat other vs communities based on consistent framework and efficiency. No need to flame war each community. My rule of thumbs is just show who is more efficient in Vs debating.

edit : to elaborate more, those who debate and reach the conclusion are the winner, while those who debate but does not give any conclusion and spread negativity are the one that lose.

Last edited:
goku is complex multiversal and nasuverse is only planet level - comicvine
This is why i'm grateful with this site
Yeah, the wank/downplay is still present and can be out of the hand because of the bias/double standard but i'll give this site a credit for not making those things way worse, staff abuse or not, we're tried our best way to control this things up
it’s not my fault you keep crossing paths with me.
Shush, you are not making sense

i was actually enjoying everything until you decided to join in. Did you not notice I was in it? (If your going to participate in a new thread, you better check to see whether I’m in it or not and vice versa)

that way we both benefit from not interacting with each other

There are no "Flaws in other websites" the same way there are no "wrong laws" in another country just because yours dosn't operate them. Its (Shittalking other communities) against the rules for a goddamn reason.

The only sensible thing is to observe and learn, understand why they operate differently than us and expand your horizon. I don't agree with CharacterRants on 90% of their ratings, but learning why they rate things the way they do is eye-opening. They argue and debate with the integrity of the medium and story as its utmost and only priority, which is not illogical, just not a value I share.

It would probably help ya all to mature a bit in terms of powerscaling if you spend a considerable amount of time outside of VSB, in other communities.

Not gonna sugarcoat it, the whole archsystem works branch of vsb is trash from every angle. Guilty gear is chopped liver and anyone trying to figure out how magic works turns tail and folds like lawn chair, Blazblue is 2-A at best and nothing higher but no tier change is keeping it from being a niche to where even KH smurfs don't wanna touch that shit unless it's a top 10 smurf list and dragging it out of the irrelevancy pit is practically mandatory. Under night? Yeah that verse became non existent like it's fanbase, it's game developers, it's updates, it's story, and it's matches. That's 5 layers of non existence.

i was actually enjoying everything until you decided to join in. Did you not notice I was in it? (If your going to participate in a new thread, you better check to see whether I’m in it or not and vice versa)

that way we both benefit from not interacting with each other
Hard to do so if you are always everywhere

Not gonna sugarcoat it, the whole archsystem works branch of vsb is trash from every angle. Guilty gear is chopped liver and anyone trying to figure out how magic works turns tail and folds like lawn chair, Blazblue is 2-A at best and nothing higher but no tier change is keeping it from being a niche to where even KH smurfs don't wanna touch that shit unless it's a top 10 smurf list and dragging it out of the irrelevancy pit is practically mandatory. Under night? Yeah that verse became non existent like it's fanbase, it's game developers, it's updates, it's story, and it's matches. That's 5 layers of non existence.
BB is actually going to be revised but take a long time, let @Theglassman12 cook lel
As for the other two yeah, tho i argue that UNIB is already on a perfect state so no need to update it or so, we need more of a supporters regardless
There are no "Flaws in other websites" the same way there are no "wrong laws" in another country just because yours dosn't operate them. Its (Shittalking other communities) against the rules for a goddamn reason.

The only sensible thing is to observe and learn, understand why they operate differently than us and expand your horizon. I don't agree with CharacterRants on 90% of their ratings, but learning why they rate things the way they do is eye-opening. They argue and debate with the integrity of the medium and story as its utmost and only priority, which is not illogical, just not a value I share.

It would probably help ya all to mature a bit in terms of powerscaling if you spend a considerable amount of time outside of VSB, in other communities.
Another thing is just ignore and do your own with your preferable sites, tho which option is better is up to us, tho the option you said are way better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back