• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is VS Battles Wiki so disliked elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they also have a problem with our Marvel and dc stuff but that’s due to the long history of both verses and inconsistent cosmology.

Also when they see solar system wolverine they’re like wtf

Its really just people having differing looks and opinions and as people are people they'll throw shade and mock the differing opinions about it.

This site is far from perfect but as its a human made site constructed of opinions it'll be full of imperfections (hell there are stuff here I don't agree with it at all yet I don't care about it at all since its just a piece of data on the internet at the end of the day). Most of the time people will generalise a single thing they don't like on the wiki, let's say a character's stats and say the wiki is awful despite the fact it could be the work of like a handful of people and not the entirety of the wiki.

My response to when someone makes a claim like that is to go onto the wiki and make a CRT. Nothing we have here is set in stone and can be changed with a good argument on it and usually they don't because they're not up to actually debating a topic they don't know with sources and evidence.

My best piece of advice is to honestly ignore it. If they don't like it then they're more than welcome to come here and do something about it.
SPeaking of which, one thing about the site is apparently you can't show scans on the fly unlike in other Vs debating sites. It kinda breaks the flow of a debate.

Like everyone else said, people are the reason people hate VSBW. Or Reddit battleboarding sites. Or ComicVine. Or SpaceBattles. Or Discord battleboarding.

Sometimes it's a case of extreme power abuse. Sometimes it's a case of a completely lawless land. Sometimes it's because of scaling standards being at conflicts with each other (Like heavier usage of lore over inconsistent gameplay mechanics and cutscenes and vice versa, dimensional tiering even though that shit needs qualitative superiority now and is nothing like what we had ages ago, calculation methods, powerscaling methods), tendency for threads to erupt into complete and utter chaos where mini WW3s take off over who doxxes the **** out of the other guy the most, and sometimes it's a combination of all of the above.

VS Debating is an incredibly subjective topic to handle over which you can't expect 100% agreement from all sides on this shit. Which kind of adds to the charm to the whole battleboarding side of things: There's more variety and more opinions to check and validate to your own needs and wants.

Other sites also hate Cosmic hack-and-slash verses like GoW, Bayo, DMC and what have you with a vengeance, but some of their arguments have degraded into utter toxic shitfests that have recently ended up becoming cases of mod abuse and power abuse to such a state that it isn't even disingenuous downplay anymore, it's utter pathological hate. Every day I wake up bombarded with screenshots of how they think that Cosmic GoW/DMC/Bayo or any other hack-and-slash game being beyond Tier 4 is like a horrible fever dream for them, as if those pieces of digital media suddenly massacred their entire family and bloodline in a single night. It's insane.

VSBW: Jojo characters are confirmed to be massively FTL/relativistic

Other sites: Not this ******* shit again,

Seriously other sites ******* hate massively FTL/relativistic jojo
Come to think of it, I wonder if other sites hate us thinking Jojo characters are basically just humans. As in "without stands, a flipping Total Drama character can stomp a Jojo character" levels of human.

Other sites also hate Cosmic hack-and-slash verses like GoW, Bayo, DMC and what have you with a vengeance, but some of their arguments have degraded into utter toxic shitfests that have recently ended up becoming cases of mod abuse and power abuse to such a state that it isn't even disingenuous downplay anymore, it's utter pathological hate. Every day I wake up bombarded with screenshots of how they think that Cosmic GoW/DMC/Bayo or any other hack-and-slash game being beyond Tier 4 is like a horrible fever dream for them, as if those pieces of digital media suddenly massacred their entire family and bloodline in a single night. It's insane.
Pretty much. "Who is stronger?" "Can my preferred char beat them in a fight?" "That character I dislike surpasses one I like?" Stuff like that really sets off some people. Go to a youtube comment section, do as much as hint or ask who beats who and just watch the mess.

And, honestly, I wasn't really trying to be smart, this kind of obsessive and vitriolic behaviour on some people really is pretty similar to unhealthy shipping. Obsessive fixation on every detail trying to prove how this or that idea is the only truth, and an unfiltered seething hatred for anything perceived that contradicts "Jimmy is A tier/Jimmy x Lily is OTP".

Come to think of it, I wonder if our general leniency towards what can be debated is another reason we would be hated. This is the OBD's Vs match ban list: https://prnt.sc/Xgee5v2dCW8z

I mean comparing us to the OBD alone, I think we allow some religious entities from certain stories (ex. Journey to the West) and parodies (ex. South Park), plus whatever I marked in red text. I think the only specific matches we ban are Tier 0/High 1-A matches and Superman vs Goku.

Come to think of it, I wonder if our general leniency towards what can be debated is another reason we would be hated. This is the OBD's Vs match ban list: https://prnt.sc/Xgee5v2dCW8z

I mean comparing us to the OBD alone, I think we allow some religious entities from certain stories (ex. Journey to the West), plus whatever I marked in red text. I think the only specific matches we ban are Tier 0/High 1-A matches and Superman vs Goku.
Speaking of religious entities, I remember Greek mythology being banned here regarding making profiles

Did they forget that it's a cartoon at the end of the day? Also, the show is over 2 decades old, not everything is going to be super consistent.
That just comes with the territory with scailing cartoons there isn't really a high bar for consistency which is a double edged sword with having to debate one off feats as a thing.

That just comes with the territory with scailing cartoons there isn't really a high bar for consistency which is a double edged sword with having to debate one off feats as a thing.
Yeah, I had my issues with that. I recall starting a move to downgrade the Total Drama universe because it was listed as a Tier 7 verse... From a one-off volcano feat. The downgrades worked a little too well.

Yeah, I had my issues with that. I recall starting a move to downgrade the Total Drama universe because it was listed as a Tier 7 verse... From a one-off volcano feat. The downgrades worked a little too well.
I already know that one feat was just Ezekiel. Even though It would of been funny to have Ezekiel vs hehachi.

Other sites do weirdly seem to accept tier 0 Scp
My guess it's that because SCP you can just go and read the stories to see what's up, you don't have to play different games, watch different series or check side materials to see for yourself?

Now, from what I've seen this is not as straightforward as that VS Battles Wiki wanking characters compared to other sites. I mean, times I've come across other wikis they had some pretty high tiering for some characters. Can't really say it was right or wrong, but it did drew my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back