• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's discuss KH3? SPOILERS for Kingdom Hearts 3 SPOILERS (Obviously.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t think Sora, Goofy and Donald beating up Xehanort with the true X-Blade is an outlier, as we can see Sora and the others were empowered by Kairi via the ressurection she bringed for them, meaning that they didn´t just became tier 2 out of nowhere.

Jesterofgames said:
Source for stars being smaller?
Let´s just say the stars are literally almost as big as your own Gummi Ship, it could be game mechanics as touching them has no reactions at all, but that´s it.

Jesterofgames said:
Can you give me a link? A video something?
KINGDOM HEARTS Ôàó 20190302225056
They likely aren´t even stars, at least in these "constellations", the ones that make the background itself are surely actual stars, however

I mean it's likely showing the stars smaller because the game's screen is to small to show the full size. Plus like you said even if one star is shown to be small it would need to take hundreds upon thousands to be shown to be small in order to say everyone is small.

Oh no, I just closed it up to show it being just a sprite.

Here´s a better picture:

KINGDOM HEARTS Ôàó 20190208173135
See those big white dots below the big white ball? That is a "constellation"

Worlds are explicitly and repeatiedly said to be stars since KH 1 so i think it's something like stars in real life ; we don't see those stars, more like an image of them. The world thing in the Gummiphone is more like an observation about the fact they're worlds. Plus, even in KH 3, it's said that when a star is "removed" from the sky, it means a world is destroyed.

And about the constellations thing, it's more gameplay mechanics than real stars in comparison.

Bobsican Agreed, it's not an outlier. They're actually empowered by Kairi as you said.

For the record, the whole "Game Mechanics" argument really isn't a solid one given that the stars are shown to have a specific, interactable size. Just saying it gives "no reaction when touched" is pretty arbitrary when there's clear visual evidence to the contrary.

Further explanation: The worlds have suns of their own oftentimes, such as Destiny Islands, where this whole thing started. And the fact is just from looking at the world it's obvious they aren't stars. Nothing actually matches up.

Soul-of-Landale said:
For the record, the whole "Game Mechanics" argument really isn't a solid one given that the stars are shown to have a specific, interactable size. Just saying it gives "no reaction when touched" is pretty arbitrary when there's clear visual evidence to the contrary.
I say game mechanics but I meant game limitation. Since even planets have been shown as small in size in KH.

Game limitation? It´s a PS4, there are no excuses in such regard, unless you think there was a better way to portray it withotu sacrificating gameplay, which would fall as a game mechanic than a game limitation by itself anyways.

I mean the game likely couldn't keep the star full sized for the shot. Same reason Mario could be in a giant castle one shot and then be 1/4th the size of the castle in the next.

We can agree that PS4 was able to show these stars's full sized but again, i don't think it was intended to be shown or to be real stars. And that doesn't change the fact that, even in the Gummiphone, it is clearly said that when a star disappear, it is because a world is destroyed.

Soul-of-Landale said:
Further explanation: The worlds have suns of their own oftentimes, such as Destiny Islands, where this whole thing started. And the fact is just from looking at the world it's obvious they aren't stars. Nothing actually matches up.
Goofy remarks that stars are going out, Terra states every star out there is another world, etc. Worlds include their stars. THe gummi ship constellation thing being a game mechanic is infact a very solid argument due to how other stars are portrayed in KH, and how planets are portrayed despite already proving to be full on planets.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Soul-of-Landale said:
Goofy remarks that stars are going out, Terra states every star out there is another world, etc. Worlds include their stars. THe gummi ship constellation thing being a game mechanic is infact a very solid argument due to how other stars are portrayed in KH, and how planets are portrayed despite already proving to be full on planets.
By your logic, Eraqus is a full-on star-sized celestial object. "Worlds = Stars" is blatantly false and based on vague language that assumes the worlds are stars as opposed to being tied to them, which has explicit evidence to the contrary.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Soul-of-Landale/Kingdom_Hearts:_A_Cosmic_Analysis

Read this please.

KH wiki says "In the Kingdom Hearts games, each Star is a specific world. Should a star stop shining, that would mean that particular world has disappeared from existence, most likely from destruction by the Heartless."

Also, not all stars are worlds, there are also some of them who "are" people, especially if they're strong. This is why we talk about Eraqus.

ArkhamDC06 said:
KH wiki says "In the Kingdom Hearts games, each Star is a specific world. Should a star stop shining, that would mean that particular world has disappeared from existence, most likely from destruction by the Heartless."
Also, not all stars are worlds, there are also some of them who "are" people, especially if they're strong. This is why we talk about Eraqus.
World destruction by heartless isnt' even impressive, which you'd know if you read the damn blog.

Soul-of-Landale I have already read it. And i never said that was impressive. It doesn't change the fact that it is explictly (again) and repeatedly said that star = world (mistakes are possible but this is what is excplicitly the most said in the lore since KH 1, even in KH III).

@Soul-of-Landale

You should start a separate content revision thread that links to your blog.

Shouldn't we start revisions on KH if we've come to a conencus and anymore revisions should be brought up in that thread? Or at the least make another thread?

Well, you need input from staff members interested in Kingdom Hearts before such a massive upgrade.

Should be 2-C, yea

Even if you don't buy "all worlds are universes", there's still a bunch of worlds that are

-dream world stuff

-digital world stuff

-space paranoids

-scala ad caelum

Yeah the Dream Worlds, at the least TWEWY worlds blatantly have two realities that houses the worlds.

If the Datascape is viewed as 2-C, then in KH Recoded , the Heartless Data-Sora beat, was stated to be capable of destroying the Digital World and was going to do something similar with the real world and fought someone who embodied the Datascape... So the feat would be consistent if accepted...

(The manga also states that Kingdom Hearts is a Multiverse, and besides that it could be considered secondary canon as literally everything about it parallels to KH 1, albeit goes into far greater detail concerning some parts of the game than the game itself goes into).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back