• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are circular objects made of rock that are separated by lightyears.
Something shared with what they would be if they weren't planets.
Their circular shape suggest that they are already at bare minimum objects 600km in diameter
The link doesn't send to anything, quote whatever you got that from. Whatever that's the standard for, this rocks aren't proven to be that and them being in a videogame like Kirby means they can be in whatever size they're made regardless of realism. The series has be 1 to 3 meters long star-looking things like the ones in Halcandra, planets that aren't round, etc.
The celestial bodies in question also have done the process of "clearing the neighborhood" as there are no notable celestial bodies of comparable size to them in their vicinity.
You can't apply that random term to somewhere where you don't know if it happened. There was no neighborhood to talk about as the camara was moving lightyears at a time, nor a proven star near them for that term to apply, we're only shown those rocks. Overthink this is worst than taking the size things are proven to be.
Judging by this we can safely say that all of the objects given to us fit the official criteria necessary to be considered a planet and are thus a planet.
Under your wrong bias only, a lot of standards there say that this isn't the case and you use wrong assumptions anyway.
The only other way one can even try to debunk this is the size inconsistency when kirby hits it which is irrelevant since it is a word destroyer meteor and no matter how you twist it, it wouldn't just be a meter in size and it is thus deemed game limitation-induced foolishness.
This is nonsense, there is no structure to what you try to say. The thing can be at whatever size and still destroy the planet in the game, this is the same nonsense minigame where it gets hit back lightyears away. You made up the size inconsistency and how it wouldn't just be a meter in size.
Another one is the fact that the UFO at the end tanks the meteor, however, considering we're in a world where a giant planet-sized space ship can just casually land on your planet and mechanize it in seconds, it isn't much of a problem for a spaceship to be that large and survive such a meteor.
A clearly biased take that can't see how it's far, far more likely that the meteor already proven to be smaller is the one smaller, not the UFO bigger.
Meteor being the size of kirby in that one cutscene is just a necessary design inaccuracy since they ain't gonna 3d model a 9000km meteor.
Headcanon.
We can prove its a world buster because it is literally in the name of the mode. There's town crisis, country crisis and world crisis, suggesting that the meteor endangers the world.
Its power has nothing to do with its size.
-Another reason is the fact that the developers would need to be high on some good kush to make the minigame about shooting a meteor that can endanger a planet and have the planets be 1 meter in size.
the developers are rubbing our faces in the fact that this was a word-endangering meteor that can blast apart planets once hit by kirby.
The meteor endangers the planet Popstar, not those rocks it destroys, it is not a "everything it touches is a planet" meteor. You already assume they are planets while trying to argue they're planets.
-Yet another reason is the fact that if the planets are actually only 1-2 meters in diameter then Kirby would have to be so precise that he can strike through multiple 1-2 meter sized space objects that are located hundreds of lightyears away from each other in a row, which is the dumbest idea anyone could ever suggest.
If we go by your logic, kirby shot a massively FTL boulder so hard and precise it was able to hit 10 1-2 meter sized boulders floating in space which are lightyears apart and are conveniently spherical with no reason whatsoever.
Space is around 99.9% empty, it's not smart to think Kirby doing that is dumb but doing it on planet-sized targets isn't & hold that as a reason for this.
Thanks. Would the meteors coming from Planet Popstar be worth calc'ing? Maybe they reach being FTL.

Thanks. Would the meteors coming from Planet Popstar be worth calc'ing? Maybe they reach being FTL.
They'd likely be at a similar speed as Planet Popstar being pulled in, which was Sub-Relativistic. At most, I see those meteors being Relativistic.

I'll reply to the pathetic attempts to debunk me above later since I've more important things to do at the moment

Do your own thread about it please, I do not want the topic here.

syzekrom.tumblr.com/post/681525978448723968/kirbyswordmeta-meta-knight-sword-the-meta-knight

"Rare Stone Master!
Mysterious Vortexes lead to a variety of worlds. Hidden within a dimension called Treasure Road especially are stones loaded with powerful energy called Rare Stones that washed up from someplace. Those who’ve collected every stone, congratulations!"

Much like in Return to Dream Land, the portals throughout the game led to many worlds/dimensions, in this case them being in a dimension called Treasure Road. This could almost be a feat in the future, since I'm sure it will be confirmed that Fecto made the place, but it's unlikely for this worlds/dimensions to ever be universe-sized, so nobody gets their hopes up for that.

Edit: So, he quickly changed this into "Mysterious Vortexes lead to a variety of worlds. Hidden within dimensions called Treasure Roads".

Last edited:
No, he says things Kirby, not the player, would already know alone; using stars to shoot them back at foes, how he can use his mouthful power, how he can upgrade abilities, how Waddle Dees need to be saved, how Leongar needs to be saved after Kirby already knows he's trapped in Forgo Dreams, etc. Most of what he says, and thus his character, only helps out by a very little degree. This doesn't mean he isn't helpful, but that his intelligence that we know of can't be anything notable based on what he shows doing. The only things he says Kirby wouldn't know are based on his own powers Kirby lacks or knowing out of nowhere things in the Waddle Dee town. Elfilin has a specific role that does help and is better with someone doing it that w/o anyone, it does take some little intelligence to do what he does, but it is to be recognized how this isn't as notable as it would sound if we were to state it in a more vague manner. There easily are plenty of non-fighters, sidekicks companions who give tips that the heroes wouldn't know in a bigger percentage of times or that come from conclusions made on the run.

The dodge is not new, it has been there since Triple Deluxe. People just didn't use it. Just talking to the fourth wall in a game isn't the same as to break it, that's like saying that game mechanics are real.

The dodge is not new, it has been there since Triple Deluxe. People just didn't use it. Just talking to the fourth wall in a game isn't the same as to break it, that's like saying that game mechanics are real.
Okay to be fair, the slow-motion part of the dodge is new to Forgotten Land.

I would love to see a video with all the tips he can say. And Kirby getting crushed with that giant rock in level 2 (3?) world 1, and you summoning Bandana Dee when you're already next to him in the town, etc.

Last edited:
You are equalizing that spin that moves him less than a slide kick to a triple flip that moves him more than 3x a slide kick.

I've been looking, and I think Kirby should get Broadway Force. Elfilin, who was completely unfamiliar to Kirby, immediately broke out into dance when Kirby did his victory dance after saving him from the Beast Pack, and later on Leongar was compelled to join in on Kirby's victory dance after his soul pieces were first returned to him.

I've been looking, and I think Kirby should get Broadway Force. Elfilin, who was completely unfamiliar to Kirby, immediately broke out into dance when Kirby did his victory dance after saving him from the Beast Pack, and later on Leongar was compelled to join in on Kirby's victory dance after his soul pieces were first returned to him.
He didn't force them to dance through weird powers. They just did a celebration dance on their own (though Leongar was puzzled iirc).

He didn't force them to dance through weird powers. They just did a celebration dance on their own (though Leongar was puzzled iirc).
Broadway Force doesn't involve forcing dance as much as it does compelling others to join in, which Elfilin and Leongar were compelled to do. Though yeah, Leongar was confused at first (funniest part of the game btw)

Also, Bandana Waddle Dee should get Reactive Power Level. If you talk to him in Waddle Dee Town, he says that whenever you evolve your Copy Abilities, his spear gets stronger in response.

I disagree with Broadway Force too.

On Bandana Dee, I had a similar power written for that in the OP of this thread, which I believe is more accurate, but the difference to interpret either is minuscule.

I disagree with Broadway Force too.

On Bandana Dee, I had a similar power written for that in the OP of this thread, which I believe is more accurate, but the difference to interpret either is minuscule.
I like Empowerment, but I think Reactive Power Level is effective because, as the name implies, Bandana Dee's power fluctuates in response to the power of Kirby's abilities. Empowerment is strictly a boost

Well,
Bandana Dee's power fluctuates in response to the power of Kirby's abilities.
while true, Reactive Power Level doesn't lower your power after it becomes higher, it simply stays with the further power gained. Reactive Power Level is also just a fancy name as the thing is just Accelerated Development but limited to power, durability and speed, and limited by combat being what triggers it (I don't think it should exist). Empowerment is the one that reacts/chages in response to all kinds of things, like stuff beyond the control of the user such as Kirby gaining something that makes him stronger. Bandana Dee doesn't gain this because of battle, but outside it, and his boosts are removed when Kirby doesn't choose to or can't use evolutions, or has to use lesser Copy Abilities in Treasure Road dimensions.

Ah damn, I actually checked the page, it really doesn't lower your power. I thought I did because of the name

Empowerment works then

So, we're close to adding the stuff here. I'm pretty sure the final stuff was added to the OP and sandbox. We still need a proper translation to use for the first twitter post linked.

Got a question. since dedede showed new abilities thanks to being brainwashed, does it mean he is capable of doing the things he did?

No, since it's more likely that he was able to do those powers due to Fecto and can't on his own. Roughly similar to how Fecto can make Leongar shoot hyperbeams and stuff.

The one that's energy-based scales to Kirby & co., the one that uses air to lift rocks can technically be calc'd, if it's pointless.

You could say the same about any character doing something to things around with some ability while their own tier is much higher.

The reasons for that not being canon are just suspension of disbelief for no valid reason, I won't even need to say why it's canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back