• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyu vs King (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two things that could happen here.

1. Kyu just sorta beats the shit outta him by grabbing something like a rock and beating him wothnit.

2. King gets hit once and then the King Engine starts up. His heartbeat scared Kyu so she can't move at all.

I personally don't know-

Does King know he's fighting someone?

I... think King takes this. If he knows he's fighting someone, and can't see anyone, he'll probably do some "I know you're there." sorta bluff and proceed to terrify Kyu, who isn't exactly a role model for "high battle willpower", and get her to ******' run away.

If SBA is in play:

King FRA

In Kyu's mind, she is fighting an opponent with Saitama's strength, give or take. However, she doesn't know how that strength is used, like, is it spiritual, physical, telekinesis, energy, or magic.

She doesn't know so every move King makes terrifies her.

King wins the match when Kyu says she gives up out of fear for her life. King wins via incap.

I don't think Kyu has prior knowledge on Saitama/King's rumored strength. But given his stature, and King Engine, she probably backs out pretty ******* quickly.

Moritzva said:
I don't think Kyu has prior knowledge on Saitama/King's rumored strength. But given his stature, and King Engine, she probably backs out pretty ******* quickly.
I mean, part of King's "Strength" comes from people knowing his legend.

I don't even think Kyu needs to know his legend. She's... far from a fighter, so she'd be pretty inclined to getting the **** away if he activates his Engine.

Actaully, that's a good point. Would Kyu be scared enough to run without any actual knowlede on King? It's his reputation that scares people and monsters.

I got to agree there. It's part of his rep which does it so well. Not just the engine. So it would have much less of an effect on her

Kyu has basically never fought before in her life.

If she sees a large, scarred, imposing man's King Engine going off, she's getting the **** out of there.

His reputation, heighten by the his appearance and the King Engine. I have yet to see King's intimidation work on someone who doesn't know him.

Have we yet to see someone who doesn't know him, though?

Like, reputation or not, the guy terrifies monsters of death and destruction. Kyu is a ******* sex fairy who runs a cam girl company in her free time. Let's be real here.

Moritzva said:
Kyu has basically never fought before in her life.

If she sees a large, scarred, imposing man's King Engine going off, she's getting the **** out of there.
Well, to be fair, the Hero Association did pick out King for his appearance but I don't see that translating into a fight without prior knowledge to his reputation. Especially when they did that after King was near a Lot of dead monsters.

Well, to be fair, the Hero Association did pick out King for his appearance but I don't see that translating into a fight without prior knowledge to his reputation.

It probably would for a sex fairy with no combat experience. I see no reason why she'd approach a foe who practically has a passive fear aura with his Engine and looks like a battlescarred, trained fighter.

she doesn't know anything about king period and a majority of his fear inducement relies on his legend. Since she doesn't know who he is his usual bluffing...well...I think it might work? He doesn't have a fear aura or anything of the sort but without his reputation he's still a large scarred man with a massive heart beat. I think kyu could be intimidated into making a run for it. Maybe?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
TBF, nobody in verse doesn't know about him.
Yea, so we can't really say "Oh if they don't know about him it's useless."

He had to build his reputation somehow, after all. There certainly was a time that his reputation was weaker, and he still scared some things.

Well, since King's reputation is part of his skill set, as it what allows the intimidation to happen, King has this match.

The pen or the sword said:
He doesn't have a fear aura or anything of the sort but without his reputation he's still a large scarred man with a massive heart beat. I think kyu could be intimidated into making a run for it.
Effectively. If Kyu was a soldier, or known for bravery, I'd say she could take this. But the most risky thing she's done is date and **** some antisocial loser, and start a camgirl company. So...

No she doesn't know kings rep without prior knowledge, kings rep was built off his stupid luck being in the right place when monsters were killed by others.

Buttersamuri said:
It depends. If she took one swing at him. That's all it would take to see he is a fraud
I believe Homeless Emperor was going to do that. Till King intimidated him to stop.

Buttersamuri said:
It depends. If she took one swing at him. That's all it would take to see he is a fraud
Weak or not, King's still undoubtably stronger than Kyu. While he's no more than average, he's still a pretty tall male with some weight to him, while Kyu is a small, well, sex fairy. And Kyu, seeing King, would think he's a helluva lot stronger than that.

Homeless empror knew kings rep kyu doesn't though kyu isn't an overly brave person...its sorta tough for me to figure this one out...
I mean... shouldn't she, though? King's Intimidation skill, which he has, comes from people knowing his legend.

If we make it so King's opponents don't know him before hand, we are restricting the intimidation skill.

I think Kyu has two factors working in her favor. She's from a different verse then King and isn't aware of people mountain level dura and she's invisible. I think with those two things in mind, Kyu could muster up just enough courage to grab a very large Rock from behind King and hit him with it.

doesn't she have magic, duplication, and invisiblity?

pretty sure homeless emporor knew kings rep so it's not relevant.
Magic and Dupe ain't combat applicable.

Invisibility doesn't help much if King leads with something along the lines of "Show yourself." since he knows he's in a battle.

Except we've discussed that scene in the past the man was frightened by kings appearence then realized who he was and surrendered futher egged on by the crowd calling out how king was the strongest there was.

No if a characters skill requires prior knowledge to work then thats simply a weakness in his ability. without prior knowledge king is nobody to her.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I think Kyu has two factors working in her favor. She's from a different verse then King and isn't aware of people mountain level dura and she's invisible. I think with those two things in mind, Kyu could muster up just enough courage to grab a very large Rock from behind King and hit him with it.
I don't see it happening. King has scared infidecimally more battlehardened and stronger beings before.

And if anyone brings up "his reputation", where do you think it came froom? Do you think one day he was simply world-renowned? No, he had to have scared people before becoming the top hero.

yes actually its explained how he cowered around monsters and others killed them and he took the credit. (Not purposfully he was simply the guy standing near the bodies when others showed up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back