• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyu vs King (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pen or the sword said:
No if a characters skill requires prior knowledge to work then thats simply a weakness in his ability. without prior knowledge king is nobody to her.
He's a strong, menacing man who's dispositioned to fight and has the most terrifying heartbeat imagineable. That's who he is to her.

"His Reputation" is a null argument, as it assumes that he has always had world-wide reputation from the get go. Which is undeniably false.

Except we've discussed that scene in the past the man was frightened by kings appearence then realized who he was and surrender and no if a characters skill requires prior knowledge to work then thats simply a weakness in his ability. without prior knowledge king is nobody to her.
Except the intimidation skill worked on Bang, because Bang knew about the legend, not from King's appearance.

This page is showing what Bang is feeling.

C3C5BE19-DAFD-4E45-A246-F0A00F3FF5F3
Edit: And King wasn't trying to intimidate Bang.

I was refering to the scene with the toad villian bowing down and surrendering. your kinda just futhering my point about kings rep being his main intimidation tool.

Except the intimidation skill worked on Bang, because Bang knew about the legend, not from King's appearance.

I repeat: He didn't wake up with the title of Top Hero. He got it. He got it from scaring people even when his reputation was a lot smaller.

And your ignoring the context of how his reputation came to be, he is a classically lucky character that ended up near corpses of giant monsters villians ect he was to terrified to fight. He just got lucky as others took care of the monsters for him and they never tried to claim the credit.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Pretty sure the hero association built up his reputation after assuming he was a badass.
It was built up. Over time. Which means he was scaring people, even when he wasn't literally rumored to be Saitama-level.

>I repeat: He didn't wake up with the title of Top Hero. He got it. He got it from scaring people even when his reputation was a lot smaller.

That's weaker version of the intimidation skill. If Bang met King before the reputation, he wouldn't have been intimidated.

And your ignoring the context of how his reputation came to be, he is a classically lucky character that ended up near corpses of giant monsters villians ect he was to terrified to fight. He just got lucky as others took care of the monsters for him and they never tried to claim the credit.
It was both. Multiple reasons led to his rise.

I did not expect this much debate over Huniepop

I also have no clue how to respond so just come to me if questions need to be asked.

No he has a scary face, a loud heart beat and was often found around the corpses of villians/monsters killed by greater heros who didn't care about the fame. From there the hero association further exagerated his rep. He is intimidating, Im not denying that im just not sure if it's enough to get the magical fairy to run. It might be? Honestly if they were bloodlusted this would be alot easier to call.

ElixirBlue said:
>I repeat: He didn't wake up with the title of Top Hero. He got it. He got it from scaring people even when his reputation was a lot smaller.

That's weaker version of the intimidation skill. If Bang met King before the reputation, he wouldn't have been intimidated.
...what? It worked. Against murderers.

Well. How brave is she would you say? And do you think she would at least take one swing at king. Cause one swing is all it would really need for her to see he isn't that tough

Jackythejack said:
I did not expect this much debate over Huniepop

I also have no clue how to respond so just come to me if questions need to be asked.
Is Kyu a murderer, trained fighter, or literally anything of notable courage?

Buttersamuri said:
Well. How brave is she would you say? And do you think she would at least take one swing at king. Cause one swing is all it would really need for her to see he isn't that tough
To my knowledge... no lol

like, not at all

as I said- her most courageous feat would be hooking up some loser with girls

But I'll let Jacky confirm.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
The hero association did all the leg work for building up his rep. King just got lucky. A lot.
Let's not ignore his quite impressive fear. Like, seriously, it's quite impressive.

A lot of these monsters fight top heroes, but when King shows up, they lose their shit.

(Hm... maybe there needs to be Keys for King's Intimation skill)

• One for before his reputation, as characters like Bang wouldn't be intimidated by appearances)
  • One for after King got his reputation, as characters like Bang and Atomic got intimidated from knowing his reputation.

It did work on murderer after his rep grew, before that he cowered and someone else took care of it. its his whole story! he got lucky really often, had an intimidating face/heart beat and the hero association built him up even more.

ElixirBlue said:
(Hm... maybe there needs to be Keys for King's Intimation skill)
It's... really not needed.

I mean Kyu hasn't been shown to be courageous but she also hasn't really been shown to be scared of anything but that's becuaee it's Huniepop. I feel like if King doesn't open with anything mildly intimidating she may like, Chuck a rock at him or something.

Of course you could make the argument that if he tries to say "I know your there." Kyu may just call bullshit because she's really ******* confident in her powers but...eh.

no Powers she has can really prove to her that King is a fraud either, especially not by looks. she's determined if people have STDs or are virgins by looking at them though but I don't think that counts, or what power that even is.

It did work on murderer after his rep grew, before that he cowered and someone else took care of it. its his whole story! he got lucky really often, had an intimidating face/heart beat and the hero association built him up even more.
Again, saying his reputation is the only reason he's scary is, without a doubt, false. And this is for intimidating murderers and crazed maniacs.

No king doesn't need another key, his intimidation relying on his rep is a weakness in the ability itself without that he's simply an intimidating looking man with a loud heart beat.

Also if you have a scan of kings early intimidation before his rep let me know so i can get a sense of scale for his ability without his rep.

Except his rep grew because he was in the area of murders physcos and villians, they were killed/beaten by someone else and he got the credit, he has never intimidated any of the beings you described before gaining his rep. If he did please show me where so I can get a sense of scale. everything ive seen implies king was simply a lucky guy with a scary face and heart beat. Ive yet to find evidence pre rep he managed to intimidate a murderer or physco

Jackythejack said:
I mean Kyu hasn't been shown to be courageous but she also hasn't really been shown to be scared of anything but that's becuaee it's Huniepop.
Exactly this.

That's all that can be said. Kyu has faced nothing to prepare her for this, ever, at all.

Unless someone can prove Kyu's courage, this battle is sealed as a win for The King.

Jackythejack said:
I could have her fight a Jojo character if you guys want-*
Gotta find one at 10-B or 10-A, kek

fair enough his heart beat/face may be enough to get the fairy to run. heck i said that in my original post, Im just saying without his rep he's just an intimidating guy with a loud noise in his chest.

Exactly this.

That's all that can be said. Kyu has faced nothing to prepare her for this, ever, at all.

So, without King's reputation, how will this go?

Kyu: Eek, scary looking man! Please, don't hurt me! I'll curl up in a ball and be perfectly motionless! Don't hurt me!

Edit: King: Um... i'm just getting groceries.

Kyu's more likely to just ******' run away while she has the chance.

"Oh hell no, I'm not dealing with that, I've got some guys to ****-"

fair enough his heart beat/face may be enough to get the fairy to run. heck i said that in my original post, Im just saying without his rep he's just an intimidating guy with a loud noise in his chest.
And in terms of courage, Kyu's just a random girl.

Intimidating, imposing, scarred man with a wardrum heart beat > One fucky girl

wait wait...Is king a virgin? kyu might overcome her fear to help him out :p

Back on topic-

Ok, I think everyone is in agreement King will win this. The argument is mostly whether the reputation should be a factor for King's matches.

What's the vote count?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back