• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
These two don't get much love inside of this wiki these days, so here's my attempt to give them more of it.

Magia Record Kyoko is used.

Hippogriff is allowed.

Speed is equalized.

Starting range is 100 meters.

K.O. via death.

Kyoko - 0

Astolfo - 0

KyokoS
Astolfo FGO

I swear by all existing gods in fiction that if this thread doesn't get any replies in a day from this moment, I will... keeping making Kyoko threads for eternity...

I just wanted to make sure. How resistant is Astolfo to stuff like mind manipulation and reality warping?

I don't remember exactly, but If I recall he's got a book that boosts his magic resistance to A-rank. Why am I debating on my own thread anyway?

Idk if witches' RW is considered True Magic by Nasuverse standards or not, but Astolfo likely resists mindhax.

Yeah but to which degree? Also stuff like empathic manipulation works on her fellow magical girls, so magic/mind resistance won't help too much

Eh, I'll leave this up to Nasuverse experts, 'cause I don't really feel like debating much especially on my own thread.

Well from what I remember, Astolfo has a gigantic AOE Power null skill that he uses to take out any incoming attacks, and if he ever gets swarmed by a huge chunks of enemies, he can use the trumpet to kill everything in the vicinity. Don't know if this works on others on his level,

Kyoko also has some pretty good tricks up her sleeve. She has better range, can negate Astolfo's regen, and if what I've been told is true, then she can potentially mind hax Rider unless he scales from a mind hax resistance on the scale of witch kiss.

Kinda think that Kyoko would take this with very high difficulty if she uses the right cards in her hand, though if Astolfo can resist her mind hax, and get to power null her and potentially one shot her with the AP advantage he has, he might take this.

Inconclusive for now.

No, but it has worked on the powers of people stronger than Kyoko.

It's also not power nulling Kyoko herself (as in it's not stopping her using her abilities like the status effect does), it's cancelling her magical attacks. It would stop her fireballs, but it wouldn't stop her duplication and other abilities.

Edit: Might actually negate the dupes too if they are made of magic

Back