• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos went into space, stumbled upon a Primordial Goddess in space

After killing so many deities on Earth, Kratos has decided that he is too dangerous for Earth and takes a journey to space... Until he reaches a hidden part in the galaxy where he stumbles upon a large, terrestrial like temple. Kratos enters the temple, until she finds a Primordial Goddess that is not really welcoming. His fate to slay deities may haunt him even if he tries to run into the depth of the void it seems....

Kratos at Low 2-C vs obviously not TTGL reference Astarte Origi

Fight starts in the Maanna temple

Kratos:

Astarte

I seem to remember Astarte being a Grecian localization of Ishtar.

With verse equalization, and Krato's legend--believe me when I say he has one, that's a BIG compatibility disadvantage. Krato's legacy was built on killing the Greek pantheon (he's in the process of adding the Norse pantheon to his resume, but I digress), so he will have a ton of powerful modifiers against this Greek goddess. Especially when he would still be considered the current Greek god of War.

I'm just wondering if Astarte Origin could get around the Power of Hope.

I checked.

For verse equalization, Astarte would definitely count as Grecian.

In terms of Kratos gameplay, I really am imagining what THAT boss fight would look like.

How Astarte is Grecian? The closest greek goddess to Astarte is Aphrodite iirc. But Astarte is technically older than greek myth itself.

The name itself is what the Greeks called Ishtar. Astarte is also vastly more well-known.

With that being her True Name, she would be counted among the Greek gods. Her being older than Greek myth itself would mean she gets her own positive modifiers when fighting Kratos, but it wouldn't change the fact that there's a definite compatibility disadvantage.

If she's a Mesopotamian goddess, then she's not suddenly Greek just because someone calls her by her Greek name version, unless it's specified that she became a Greek goddess.

She was localized by the Greeks, and THEY spread her fame around the world under the name Astarte.

And Astarte is her True Name, which, when considered for compatibility, affiliation and modifiers, would count her among the Greek gods.

Prelati's Spellbook was originally Ancient Chinese. But with it being translated into French and used by a Frenchman, Prelati's Spellbook is counted among the Noble Phantasms that come from France.

That is like calling Ishtar greek for the same reason, which makes no sense either, adding in the fact that Astarte and Ishtar are like the two sides of the same coin

If you wouldn't mind, OP, I suggest calling in other lore experts.

It seems that I have little chance of making you understand that they're the same people in the sense that Tamamo is the same as her Indian and Chinese counterparts.

I'm not saying Astarte is NOT Mesopotamian. I'm saying that she would ALSO be considered Greek, and she will be more Greek than Mesopotamian.

Think of the settlers who went to North America and became part the USA or Canada we know today. Would you call them English or French or whatever country they came from? No. They were 'originally' from that country, but they're considered Americans or Canadians, right?

@Zenjutsu alright, but the point still stands. Just because she is popularised by greeks, doesn't mean she is greek automatically (I even said she is Venusian/Ugarithic, how she became more greek than meso? smh. Might as well call Buddha chinese or japanese because he is more popular there)

The Chinese do have their localized version of Buddhism. It's been there since the Han Dynasty.

I remember reading somewhere the current version partly has to do with the Dalai Lama and the government's plans for religion...but let's not get into that.

Astarte is Venusian Goddess in FGO. She was praised by Venus before any other Gods existed and where all Goddesses derives from. She is not Greek. Not Mesopotamian either in her reality.

You have to remember this is VSB, not FGO. Not just that, at least.

WE have to take into account that Astarte is is what the Greeks named Ishtar when they localized her. WE are the ones doing verse equalization.

Unless you want to say that Astarte was an Original Character that comes entirely from the Fate franchise?

There is no god named Astarte in greek mythology. Even by Verse Equalisation, Astarte is still a venusian goddess. Her name was hellenized only, but she never became a Greek deity. And no, Astarte is not Hellenized form of Ishtar. Astarte is of Caanan, while Ishtar is of Mesopotamian. Both considered the same due to their origin.

Back