• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: General Revision II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good to me, though vector hax should stay. 🗿🗿🗿🗿
Let Me Taste Your Tears Scott Cartman GIF - Let Me Taste ...

Additions and Removals

[/SPOILER]
Only have a few issues with some additions.

1. The limited weather manipulation for Kratos seems off for me honestly. My question would be is if it's possible for the fimbulwinter to set in randomly on it's own or does it need a cause (I haven't played the first game in a while so my knowledge on the workings of events and how the work isn't what it was at the moment. It just seems odd that Kratos just puts the A.C. on max when he arrives or was it accidental?

2. The power nullification for the atlas quake. It says the power met, they meshed and canceled out the attack but I think that line can also be interpreted as they just hit each other with equal potency? An example would be if two characters fired a beam and both canceled each other out, which wouldn't be power nullification to my knowledge.

Other than the above (though I post them more as questions) everything else looks good. Was about to say that sleep manipulation looks sus but then I checked the qualification of the ability.

Only have a few issues with some additions.

1. The limited weather manipulation for Kratos seems off for me honestly. My question would be is if it's possible for the fimbulwinter to set in randomly on it's own or does it need a cause (I haven't played the first game in a while so my knowledge on the workings of events and how the work isn't what it was at the moment. It just seems odd that Kratos just puts the A.C. on max when he arrives or was it accidental?
Nah, it happened the moment Kratos arrived in Norse lands. The event takes place centuries before 2018.

Fimbulwinter is not exactly something you see on a regular basis like, ever, because it's not normal. It's effectively the signaling of the end times that's supposed to trigger if Baldur dies.

Nah, it happened the moment Kratos arrived in Norse lands. The event takes place centuries before 2018.

Fimbulwinter is not exactly something you see on a regular basis like, ever, because it's not normal. It's effectively the signaling of the end times that's supposed to trigger if Baldur dies.
Alright then, I guess it's alright with me.

Everything looks fine but this:

Kratos gets Sleep Manipulation via the Mystical Heirloom.

I don't know how that is sleep manip at all. It's just a statement that says "awakens something dormant in the user", which has zero to do with sleep and just a vague statement about unlocking some potential within the user. The mystical heirloom in application has nothing to do with sleep of any kind either, it just brings statues to life. Should probably get life manip for that tbh.

The description speaks about who's in the bubble seem to be invisible for the others outside, but not from who's inside. I think it's pretty fitting to Perception manipulation
That can still be achieved by invisibility, it does not necessarily have to be altering everyone's perception

That can still be achieved by invisibility, it does not necessarily have to be altering everyone's perception
Affecting what people can sense within a certain area is by definition, Perception Manipulation. In this case, the character is doing that and not making their bodies invisible directly.

Affecting what people can sense within a certain area is by definition, Perception Manipulation. In this case, the character is doing that and not making their bodies invisible directly.
Yeah, I thought the same way and agreed
But reading the powers pages you have to stretch less the Invisibility than you have to with Perception manip to explain this ability
The "everyone outside the bubble can't see me" fits the limitations/examples of Invisibility pretty well while you'd have to argue that "you're altering everyone's perception on if you're see-able or not, therefor it's perception manip", and then we all notice that Invisibility itself is, by definition, "minor perception manipulation"...

This look good, i agree, especially the removal of Vector hax, i always confuse about it on the profile, since Direction which is mention in the verse is more of metaphorical rather than a literal mathematic, physical direction/vector. I'm not comment on the scaling stuff, i'm bad at those things lol

Perhaps the attacks just intercept each other?
I doubt that, given that was an entirely defensive use of the Quake.

The statues are actual Trolls that were put to sleep by a Dwarf, so I think it'd work as Sleep Manipulation. Granted, in the sense of undoing magical sleep.

I doubt that, given that was an entirely defensive use of the Quake.

The statues are actual Trolls that were put to sleep by a Dwarf, so I think it'd work as Sleep Manipulation. Granted, in the sense of undoing magical sleep.
Limited minor power null, depending on how it undone the magic (?)

I fail to see how its limited. That sphere very likely would've killed him and he already had to fight Lahkesis before that, so it's even less likely to be a matter of equal forces cancelling each other out.

I will check the profiles for any links that might need direct uploading to the site.

So, on the subject of edits. What do we do with the Mystical Heirloom that brings statues back to life?

Life Manip?

Apparently the lore markers say the Dragon was forcibly petrified.

So... Petrification Nullification I guess?

Seems clear cut enough to add. We can just go ahead with that.

Also I just learned.

Atropos's Attack Reflection Negation is also Homing Attack. Her attack got deflected but it didn't fly back at Atropos but rather it still kept charging relentlessly at Kratos.

@Marvel_Champion_07 There are more than a few profiles I missed. Sorry if this is annoying but could you generally just open all the pages under the God of War category? I feel it's easier that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back