• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos Tier 2-C Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively FTL+ is based on a single supposed feat of Clotho, a character who is morbidly obese and permanently bound in place, spinning non-literal threads in the secondary canon novel.

I say it is equally false and you should just make him FTL.

Massively FTL+ is based on the feats by all three Sisters of Fate, not just Clotho, and obviously the obvious MFTL+ fight in the intro by the Primordials.

"Non-literal threads".

Non-literal? Then I guess the narrator is hallucinating when he outright talks about them messing with the threads while they're talking to each other, and maybe Clotho herself is hallucinating when she talks to Kratos about the fact that it's from her threads that all life is born.

I'm no GOW expert, but didn't Kratos keep up with the God of Light or something similar in 2018? That should support baseline FTL, although I'm not totally against MFTL+, it just feels outta place for me.

I still stand by his Tier though.

Most GOW gods are Planet at best via statements, and it is an outlier anyway to be even Universal to begin with.

Maybe a "possibly" ranking imo.

And lightspeed in God of War can be achieved by borderline fodders with a small, microscopic fraction of Zeus's power, as stated in Ascension. Even if you call that an outlier for the fodder themselves, there's no way of calling the Gods's speed an outlier, unless you try to pass gameplay speed as real speed.

It is one feat, trying to split it into multiple feats by all sisters doesn't make it more consistent in the slightest. Just like trying to count every time a character punches another as a separate feat is pretty bad.

The threads of the Sisters of Fate are metaphorical, and them messing with billions of threads at once is just a calculation. The feat is an outlier that contradicts every single depicted thing in the series. Even the Lightspeed Feat is super high-end.

I'm not a big fan of the Primordials fight being used as a feat in general. Whether you want to assume it's the creation of the universe or not is fine, but it's obviously a romanticised and inconsistent interpretation of what is more properly described in the lore.

Other feats still give somewhat decent backing to the ratings, although I'd shy away from using that fight for defining feats from the verse.

> It is one feat, trying to split it into multiple feats by all sisters doesn't make it more consistent in the slightest. Just like trying to count every time a character punches another as a separate feat is pretty bad.

And I didn't do that? I'm saying your false assertion about the feat coming from Clotho in order to try and make it seem ridiculous because she was obese and incapacitated was false. The feat comes from all three Sisters, including Atropos and Lahkesis.

> The threads of the Sisters of Fate are metaphorical, and them messing with billions of threads at once is just a calculatio

No, they're not metaphorical. We're outright described them growing these threads in the narration. Even in the actual game, Clotho states that it's from her threads that all life on Earth is born. Likewise the official site for the game repeats it. Trying to call something metaphorical when it's outright described that they're growing the threads on-screen and there is even a scene where they keep trying to tap Kratos's thread to cripple him, is making things up.

> The feat is an outlier that contradicts every single depicted thing in the series.

Low-tier demigod fodder with a fraction of Zeus' power has lightspeed burst speed. There are no feats that contradict it, unless you try to pass gameplay as real speed.

It's not even the only feat, dude. The Primordials also have a MFTL+ feat for obvious reasons. The Valkyries from the new game can travel between the realms by sheer motion alone.

Heck, the Sub-Relativistic feat that Zeus has is described as "with a gesture so casual that it was as if he had shooed away a fly, he loosed the Thunderbolt"

The primordials literally go from being the size of multiple star-systems to being about the size of mountains in the intro. The notion that Cronos fought the former-sized Uranus even though their battle was on Earth is ludicrous.

It's not a valid feat either.

All legitimate speed feats in the series are slower than the Lightspeed feat. I'm fine with FTL or FTL+ if you really wanna wank it but MFTL+ based on the Sisters of Fate is absurd.

Uranus's size is completely irrelevant. Gods in God of War are strong regardless of their size. In fact, the narrator for that scene where Zeus gets stabbed by the Blade of Olympus and is forced to shrink down in size literally states that his energy became even more condensed into the smaller body. Hades grows to his God Form to try and ambush Kratos, and does literally no better than he did in his Normal Form before and still gets easily overpowered. The Colossus of Rhodes that had Giant Kratos's power was thrown several hundred meters away by Normal Kratos, even though it had the surprise advantage when its feet came down and tried to crush him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
All legitimate speed feats in the series are slower than the Lightspeed feat. I'm fine with FTL or FTL+ if you really wanna wank it but MFTL+ based on the Sisters of Fate is absurd.
You don't get to decide what counts as a legitimate speed feat or not. Even demigod fodder in the verse has lightspeed bursts. Trying to call MFTL_ an outlier because of feats that the narration describes as akin to scaring away a fly is dishonest at the very best.

Matthew Schroeder said:
2018 Kratos is explicitely slower than Early-Game Atreus' Arrows by both his own admission and Word of God.
Oh, sure. Subsonic Kratos via statements. Next you will use Hermes being tagged by a catapult as a legitimate anti-feat to downplay.

@Kep

The funny thing is that 2018 God of War is utter shit on speed feats and you don't even need to use that for downplay. Kratos in that game is unarguably slow as ****.

The Greek Era has a lot of good speed-feats not gonna lie but the nature of the 2018 game ****** up a lot of the opportunities for feats.

@Sigurd

The issue isn't with the fact that the anti-feat exists. It exists and is an anti-feat, sure. But an utterly inapplicable one and it's horrible downplay at best. Not worth bringing up in this debate.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I mean if WoG said it and Kratos himself (can't confirm it myself) what is the issue? considering a majority of the ratings rely on WoG and statements.
When you first fight the witches in early-game, if you keep trying to fight then normally they just dodge and teleport from your attacks. And Atreus will then say.

"They're too fast for you!"

To which Kratos replies.

"But not for your arrows, shoot!"

And Cory Balrog actually explained in a developer featurette you can find on youtube that the design intent behind the enemies was to have Kratos face beings that are faster than him, forcing him to cooperate with Atreus who can shoot arrows at them.

@Sigurd

Sure I wouldn't usually acknowledge something like that as well, i'm only buying it because Matthew stated that WoG claimed it and Kratos himself which holds some weight if true.

@Matt

Yes. Even Kratos while he was the General of Sparta and a normal human with no demigod powers is much faster than Subsonic by feats. Hell, even fodder harpies in God of War are Hypersonic, since they can catch up to the Pegasus in a scripted scene. So that statement is worthless at best.

Matthew Schroeder said:
When you first fight the witches in early-game, if you keep trying to fight then normally they just dodge and teleport from your attacks. And Atreus will then say.

"They're too fast for you!"

To which Kratos replies.

"But not for your arrows, shoot!"

And Cory Balrog actually explained in a developer featurette you can find on youtube that the design intent behind the enemies was to have Kratos face beings that are faster than him, forcing him to cooperate with Atreus who can shoot arrows at them.
Oof that's pretty hard evidence. unless those boars are MFTL.

Feat that Kratos while he was in his late teens already scales above aside, are we going to return to the actual relevant scaling?

Kratos also held back the entire game and hid his powers

Of course a kratos who is hiding the truth from atreus would say something along the lines of the arrows are faster than him and Cory Balrog's statement says the design was to make him cooperate with Atreus so of course if kratos was holding back this would make sense

If kratos just went lolmftl+ infront of Atreus even he would see something is up

what boars? I think he means the "Revenants" and their ability to "slip through the sheets of reality and teleport around the field" and Atreus is there to disable their magic shroud so Kratos can hit them.

Doesn't Atreus's current profileback what's being said about Atreus's arrows being faster than Kratos?

"At least Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite (Should be somewhat comparable to Kratos. His arrows can hit creatures that are faster than Kratos)"

I mean, it's not the first time I've seen arrows scaling though so I can see both sides of the argument.

Again, I'd like to stress that characters ofte in fiction have different travel and combat speeds. Stuff like Kratos running around don't contradict him being able to move/attck/dodge at a certain speed in short burst combat.

I probably should specify what I meant when I said what I said.

The argument of Atreus's arrows not being faster than Kratos is contradicted by the profile you guys upgraded.

However, that doesn't mean Atreus's arrows are normal, subsonic arrows.

No, of course the fodders aren't MFTL+, neither are Atreus's arrows really MFTL+. It might even be something like what Dargoo said.

Bringing up this feat at all is dishonest downplay, considering that even normal humans and zombies in God of War have feats that are faster than that (such as the Harpies, who can fight and fly fast enough to keep up with the Pegasus, which flew from the Island of Rhodes to Mount Etna in Italy in four minutes or so, which is a Mach 14 feat). No different than trying to be dishonest and say Hermes is subsonic because he was tagged by a catapult.

Also considering Atreus is literally Loki I'm pretty sure hik being able to shoot an arrow at that speed is reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back