• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse revisions (AP and scaling.) Part 1: Ashura

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will be meant to discuss scaling of the cast of our Kenganverse cast, mainly due to new feats being calculated and there being present issues when it comes to the scaling of the character. I'll be discussing Omega scaling at a later point, for now I plan on focusing on the original series.

Low to Mid tiers

Currently everyone is scaling to Saw's Hammer of Burma which shouldn't be the case and R2 Ohma's Iron-Breaker which shouldn't be the case. Saw's Hammer is his strongest attack in his arsenal, and R2 Ohma's Iron-Breaker is from a much stronger and Unrestricted Ohma so there's no reason why they should be scaling to either of these feats.

Fortunately we have some new calcs which will help us find better scaling for the character's. A Mid tier such as Karo was able to kill a massive whale many times the size of a Blue Whale using nothing but a harpoon and his bare hands. The KE of the whale is 9-A+ 0.21 tons (Chapter 84.) oddly consistent with Saw's Hammer of Burma. I also saw a user in the blog arguing that this isn't legitimate due to Karo using a harpoon to kill the whale, so let me explain why that argument doesn't make sense. Karo did not use a harpoon gun to kill the whale, he generated all that force from his sheer strength, not from an outside source. And the Harpoon itself should be irrelevant to this feat, as Karo would have needed to throw it with enough force to kill it.

This same attack was tanked by other characters such as Saw. So the scaling would look like this for all the Kengan fighters who will be affected.

* Karo Yoshinari (9-A+ killed a gigantic whale in one blow.)
*Yoroizuka Saw Paing's normal AP. His durability should scale to his Hammer since he can withstand the force of the attack without any damage. This wouldn't effect his scaling either as Karo would still be able to harm Saw despite his better durability given how close the two feats are. 0.21 tons vs 0.40 tons.
* R1 Ohma without the Possessing Spirit
*Inaba Ryo (for fighting against base R1 Ohma.)
*Adam Dudley (on par with Karo.)
*Imai Cosmo (Fought Adam and endured several of his blows.)
*Base Rei Mikazuchi

Those who scale to Wall Level

*Nezu Masami
*Kaneda Suekichi
*Chiba Takayuki
*Hatsumi Sen (Not peak condition.)
*Nakata Ichiro
*Hanafusa Hajime
*Himuro Ryo

High tiers

Now time for the upgrades, recently we've had several new calculations done for thr verse, a few of which pack pretty good and surprisingly consistent results.

Here we have two notable feats, Round Two Ohma's Iron-Breaker 0.96 tons and Round 3 Ohma shaking the Kengan Arena. 1.54 kilotons. (Chapter 220 Wholeheartedly.) At first glance the last feat would seem like an outlier, but I couldn't disagree more. Mainly due to Ohma having another 7-C feat in the form of Demonsbane clocking in at 25 Kilotons. (Chapter 174 Demonsbane page 10-12.)

And while Demonsbane doesn't scale to anyone directly since it seriously injured every opponent it landed it, it does scale to the amount of damage he can reflect back at the attacker with it, and provides consistency with Ohma's nigh baseline Low 7-C feat.

This is also further supported by Wakatsuki Takeshi Shaking a mountain, clocking at 493.64 tons. There's also characters in this series who are partially responsible for terraforming New Zealand albeit in an unknown time frame. The point being that the "outlier" argument isn't applicable here due to the amount of feats around this level, to say otherwise is essentially argument from incredulity and disbelief. Plenty of verses go through massive tier jumps, and this one in particular isn't anything astronomical. And with my suggestion for scaling everyone should be happy.

Now it's time to discuss scaling.

Round 2 Base Ohma obviously scales to his own Iron-Breaker feat, Base Raian would also scale significantly above Ohma's Iron-Breaker due to him barely receiving damage from dozens of Ohma's Iron-Breaker. So both of these characters in base form would scale to anyone who branches off them. So the following characters would scale to base R2 Ohma, and base Raian. The following characters scale to Ohma's Iron-Breaker, 0.96 Tons.

Sekibayashi Jun
Akoya Seishu
Rounds 2 and 3 Imai Cosmo
Kono Haruo
Bando Yohei
Mokichi Robinson
Murobuchi Gozo
Kiozan Takeru (Without Raging Vigor.)
Mikazuchi Rei (Boosted.)

Moving onto to Possessing Spirit Ohma and Removal Raian. Both of these guys have a 3x multiplier, and can match each other. 3.20 tons. High 8-C. The following characters should scale.

Advance Ohma and Removal Raian.

Round 1 and Round 2 Kanoh Agito
Gaolang Wongsawat
Okubo Naoya
Hatsumi Sen (Peak condition.).
Kiryu Setsuna
God Tiers

Now this is where it gets interesting. For the God Tiers, they should be scaling to Ohma's shaking of the Kengan Dome, Low 7-C. (Chapter 220 wholeheartedly page 26-27.)

But for the sake of Low balling I suggest meeting half way. The God Tiers of the verse should be labeled as "At Least High 8-B, likely Low 7-C."

The people who would scale to this are Semi Finals Ohma. He'd also get a full 7-C rating via Demonsbane. Ohma at this point would be scaling to 3.20 tons and 1.54 Kilotons respectfully.

Semi Finals Kanoh, and Kuroki Gensai scale to Wakatsuki, who is rated as being 5x stronger than Ohma's Indestructible. So these characters would get "8-B, likely Low 7-C." (16 tons and 1.54 Kilotons.) Kanoh has fought Wakatsuki before and states Gensai's blows hit Hit harder. Julius and Wakatsuki scale to this for obvious reasons. Ohma's durability wouldn't scale to any of the characters here as he was shown getting severally damaged from them, without the aid of The Redirection Kata and Demonsbane he was grievously injured.

Agreement: 10 (StrawHatArslan, DarkDragonMedus, Arc7Kuroi, KingTempest, HammerStrikes219, shmooply, InfiniteDay, The Man with the Midas Touch, DragonGamerZ913, Franako.)

Last edited:
The “at least x, likely y” seems to incorporate reasonable skepticism into the ratings, which I approve of. Seems pretty good to me.

These looks alright to me.
Would you call anything here an outlier? That's one reoccurring "counter" I see from. But if we have 2 7-C feats, and a 8-A feat could anything here be considered as such? I obviously don't think there's outliers here for obvious reasons.

Welp, once I stop being lazy as hell and actually get into manga that has martial arts and other things, I finally achieve inner peace… Oh I am just kidding.

Anyway, this seems reasonable.

I have a few concerns over the scaling here.

Mainly I don't see why so many characters scale to Karo.

Can you explain why people like Kaneda, Ryo, Round 1 Ohma, Chiba, and some of the others scale to this value? A lot of these fighters haven't interacted with Karo or Adam, so I don't see why they should scale to his feat.

Feats themselves look good though.

Last edited:
Would you call anything here an outlier? That's one reoccurring "counter" I see from. But if we have 2 7-C feats, and a 8-A feat could anything here be considered as such? I obviously don't think there's outliers here for obvious reasons.
Just out of mere curiosity, is there any feats that could potentially render the Low 7C feats unusable ie. any antifeats?

I have a few concerns over the scaling here.

Mainly I don't see why so many characters scale to Karo.

Can you explain why people like Kaneda, Ryo, Round 1 Ohma, Chiba, and some of the others scale to this value? A lot of these fighters haven't interacted with Karo or Adam, so I don't see why they should scale to his feat.
Chiba fought Hatsumi, although he did ultimately lose and quite easily at that, so it seems better to scale Chiba to a weaker character than Hatsumi Sen, since it wouldn't make much sense for him to scale to someone who stomped him. Scaling to Karo's 9-A+ feat seems to be the safest option until I can get some other calculations made.

As for R1 Ohma, he should logically be above Round one Cosmo, especially when using the Possessing Spirit. I suppose I could just rate Base R1 Ohma as "lower" and make Possessing Spirit Ohma 9-A+ if that works. Otherwise all the lower tiers would have to be "unknown."

Just out of mere curiosity, is there any feats that could potentially render the Low 7C feats unusable ie. any antifeats?
Nah not really, there are other feats that you can calculate to be lower than that. From time to time you'll find someone who thinks making a hole is a God tier feat, but that's inherently false given the existence of the most notable feats.

Nah not really, there are other feats that you can calculate to be lower than that. From time to time you'll find someone who thinks making a hole is a God tier feat, but that's inherently false given the existence of the most notable feats.
Hmmm one of the calcs did get the 8A result and I not sure about the New Zealand statement as given it seems to taken time for that one so it probably won’t necessarily yield a low 7C feat by default given terraforming does take time and in this case, I rather skeptical of using the statement.

The calcs on the other hand seems usable at the moment unless something happen to make them ain’t exactly useable.

Edit: Also it stated it is shaped by Erosion for the new Zealand one and not just that one person.

Not really, I kind like to look at context for each feat and not solely judge based on number of feats vs number of "antifeats" before I call things outliers.

The New Zealand feat wasn't meant to be used to quantity something, it was done over time but it should still support the notion of 7-C feats being consistent. So we have 2 calculated 7-C feats, and one calculated at 8-A. We also already have characters with 8-B stats.

Seems perfectly consistent to me.

Chiba fought Hatsumi, although he did ultimately lose and quite easily at that, so it seems better to scale Chiba to a weaker character than Hatsumi Sen, since it wouldn't make much sense for him to scale to someone who stomped him. Scaling to Karo's 9-A+ feat seems to be the safest option until I can get some other calculations made.

As for R1 Ohma, he should logically be above Round one Cosmo, especially when using the Possessing Spirit. I suppose I could just rate Base R1 Ohma as "lower" and make Possessing Spirit Ohma 9-A+ if that works. Otherwise all the lower tiers would have to be "unknown."
Oh yeah I understand why he isn't scaling to Hatsumi, I'm just hesitant to scale him to Karo either

Honestly, in the absence of better feats, might it be better to just put low tiers at unknown? I just don't see why so many people scale to both Karo and Adam when their stated and shown to be exceptional strikers because of their inhuman back muscles. Cosmo himself took significant injury from A single strike. from Adam, despite guarding against it.

Thought didn't Komeda, a guy who got low diffed by ohma in the first chapter perform a wall level feat? low tier characters could probably scale to that.

The New Zealand feat wasn't meant to be used to quantity something, it was done over time but it should still support the notion of 7-C feats being consistent. So we have 2 calculated 7-C feats, and one calculated at 8-A. We also already have characters with 8-B stats.

Seems perfectly consistent to me.
Yeah, that is fine although rereading the New Zealand scans also mentioned Erosion play a role in that feat and not just that one person.

Oh yeah I understand why he isn't scaling to Hatsumi, I'm just hesitant to scale him to Karo either.
Understandably so.
Honestly, in the absence of better feats, might it be better to just put low tiers at unknown? I just don't see why so many people scale to both Karo and Adam when their stated and shown to be exceptional strikers because of their inhuman back muscles. Cosmo himself took significant injury from A single strike. from Adam, despite guarding against it.
Actually this does make a lot of sense now that you've mentioned it. I suppose I can change the ratings of the low tiers then.
Thought didn't Komeda, a guy who got low diffed by ohma in the first chapter perform a wall level feat? low tier characters could probably scale to that.
I believe so? Iirc there's also a few other feats we could calculate for the low tiers, but that'll need another thread. So for now we can rate them as unknown, or we can rate them as Wall level via scaling to Komeda.

Oh, btw, just for reference sake, can we get the chapters for these respective feats?
Unless I missing something, in case folks question the results of the Low 7C rating, I do believe sourcing these feats will been nice to say the least.

Oh, btw, just for reference sake, can we get the chapters for these respective feats?
Unless I missing something, in case folks question the results of the Low 7C rating, I do believe sourcing these feats will been nice to say the least
Yeah I can give me a few minutes.

Understandably so.

Actually this does make a lot of sense now that you've mentioned it. I suppose I can change the ratings of the low tiers then.

I believe so? Iirc there's also a few other feats we could calculate for the low tiers, but that'll need another thread. So for now we can rate them as unknown, or we can rate them as Wall level via scaling to Komeda.
Here is the calc I was referring to btw. We've already seen that Komeda is pretty weak compared to the KAT fighters, to the point that he had trouble handling a group of lower ranked Guardians, a group of fighters that were shown to be easily outclassed, even by weaker kengan fighters, Even Nezu can overpower them.

So I think Wall level is definitely a pretty safe rating for low tiers until a better feat is found.

Here is the calc I was referring to btw. We've already seen that Komeda is pretty weak compared to the KAT fighters, to the point that he had trouble handling a group of lower ranked Guardians, a group of fighters that were shown to be easily outclassed, even by weaker kengan fighters, Even Nezu can overpower them.
Yeah this is definitely a safe rating for them.

you say that like Giga Chad Nezu is weak
So I think Wall level is definitely a pretty safe rating for low tiers until a better feat is found.
Wall level it is for them. Well "At least Wall level."

Probably varying levels as well, there's Inaba swinging around Ohma and making craters, that massive boar that Ohma killed. I can get those calculated.

One doubt, why does the character scale to the kinetic or potential energy of the whale? I am aware that the force to throw the harpoon is incredible, but he is using a sharp object to damage the whale, he is not stopping the animal directly with a proportionally opposite force.

The Harpoon is irrelevant as I said, it being a sharp object is meaningless, Karo would have needed to provide the force to puncture the whale in the first place. And due to him dropping it in one hit he would have needed to actively stop it's KE / PE since it was heading towards him.

I don't understand ,why would it have to completely stop the whale? Being a small and sharp object like a harpoon and the brutal force of the character throwing it, the character's attack should shatter part of the whale's flesh while the whale retains its movement.

I don't understand ,why would it have to completely stop the whale? Being a small and sharp object like a harpoon and the brutal force of the character throwing it, the character's attack should shatter part of the whale's flesh while the whale retains its movement.
The Harpoon is irrelevant as I said, it being a sharp object is meaningless, Karo would have needed to provide the force to puncture the whale in the first place. And due to him dropping it in one hit he would have needed to actively stop it's KE / PE since it was heading towards him.

Also what? A harpoon doesn't shatter flesh, it's penetrate's it. And Karo only had one spear on him, he stopped the whale dead its in tracks despite it heading towards him. The whale was killed in one blow meaning it's KE was halted by Karo's spear throw.

A harpoon doesn't shatter flesh
Sorry, the language barrier makes it difficult to express myself.

And Karo only had one spear on him, he stopped the whale dead its in tracks despite it heading towards him. The whale was killed in one blow meaning it's KE was halted by Karo's spear throw.
The images used do not indicate that he stopped the whale instantly, killing the whale with a harpoon does not mean stopping the animal dead.
The harpoon could pierce the animal and it would decelerate until it lost all its speed and KE.

Sorry, the language barrier makes it difficult to express myself.
That's fine I'm not gonna judge ya for that.
The images used do not indicate that he stopped the whale instantly, killing the whale with a harpoon does not mean stopping the animal dead.
The Whale was nigh point blank with Karo, at that distance he would have needed to kill that whale instantly before it rammed into him. He only had one spear and it's noted that's all it took. Context and visuals both support that.
The harpoon could pierce the animal and it would decelerate until it lost all its speed and KE.
Why would it suddenly decelerate when it's literally less than a dozen few away from him? The whale was nigh point blank, and again he only had one spear on him, meaning he would have only had the chance to throw it once.

The Whale was nigh point blank with Karo, at that distance he would have needed to kill that whale instantly before it rammed into him. He only had one spear and it's noted that's all it took. Context and visuals both support that.
Why shouldn't the dead whale collide with the character?
I am not suggesting that he needed more than one throw of his harpoon.
Why would it suddenly decelerate when it's literally less than a dozen few away from him? The whale was nigh point blank, and again he only had one spear on him, meaning he would have only had the chance to throw it once.
I am not suggesting that the whale would suddenly decelerate, I am suggesting that once dead its acceleration would decrease.

What problems would there be if the dead whale collided with the character?

If he killed a charging whale then he would have needed to halt it's KE, what are you not understanding? Decrease and decelerate are literally the same thing.

If he killed a charging whale then he would have needed to halt it's KE, what are you not understanding? Decrease and decelerate are literally the same thing.
Why would it be necessary to stop or completely oppose the kinetic energy of the animal? Wouldn't it be enough to throw the harpoon, kill the animal, and it would die without stopping instantaneously?

For example, a grown man running could be killed by the throwing of a knife, but the man would not stop instantaneously nor would the knife possess the same kinetic energy as the man.

I apologize for the intrusion.

The OP of this thread requested that I close this thread due to personal reasons that I cannot speak of. Please don’t bug the OP.

To honor his request, I’ll lock this thread. Thank you those who participated.

Why would it be necessary to stop or completely oppose the kinetic energy of the animal? Wouldn't it be enough to throw the harpoon, kill the animal, and it would die without stopping instantaneously?
Basic physics, if something is charging for you full speed and you kill it in one shot then as a result you've halted it's kinetic energy. Force A needs an equal force to be halted in its tracks, so if force B stopped force A then Force B would logically would have equal force to force A.
For example, a grown man running could be killed by the throwing of a knife, but the man would not stop instantaneously nor would the knife possess the same kinetic energy as the man.
This doesn't work as an argument either as this isn't applicable to Karo's case and you also have the events backwards, firstly that's pretty much false depending on where you hit with the knife. If you hit the skull and pierce it they'd halt instantly, same as for piercing the eye to reach the brain. Your arguments works under the assumption that you threw the knife at a particular area. Karo was near the creature's head so he'd logically need to go for a headshot, which means it was halted.

Early bump.

There doesn't seem to be any opposition for the proposed scaling in the OP. I'll give it a few hours before I apply the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back