• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The last thread died out completely so I've decided it'd be better to make a new thread, the credit for the OP goes go Yobbo Blue who's seemingly no longer active unfortunately.

Wanted to throw in a few minor revisions for all fighters

Aura, Fear Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Information Analysis, and Extrasensory Perception: Every skilled individual in Kengan gives off some sort of pressure. This isn’t necessarily measuring fighters or physical strength only, but rather dependent on the danger and skill they possess (Which is why the physically weak Metsudo carried immense pressure while Kaburagi had none). This pressure is capable of awakening survival instincts to create sexual desire, inducing intense fear to cause people to be unable to breathe or act properly, warp their vision and what they see, and prevent them from moving, even if they aren’t visible to them, especially those from the Inside. Skilled fighters can gauge the personality, strength, and skill of a fighter based on this pressure, as well as sense them without direct input from their senses. Furthermore they can potentially discern what hidden techniques a foe is using from the feeling

Sleep Inducement: All fighters should be capable of targeting the Vagus Nerve and Carotid to induce instant or quick unconsciousness

Enhanced Senses: Experienced fighters and viewers are capable of noticing when a fighter uses using the flow of power, which ordinary fighters can’t see

Resistance to Aura, Fear Manipulatio, Biological Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, and Paralysis Inducement: Fighters are able to fight completely unharmed by pressure.

Limited Statistics Reduction: All fighters should be capable of causing functional decline with targeted strikes

Individual Fighters

Hatsumi Sen should receive Damage Reduction, as by going limp he can almost entirely negate attacks that would otherwise instantly kill him. He should also gain Reactive Power level, as his peak condition is achieved by fighting opponents. This allows him to also hone his skill to the point that Ohma could no longer even hit him after they warmed up. Though not a power addition, of note is that Hatsumi is able to divert damage while unconscious, further supporting his Instinctive Reaction

Cosmo Imai:
It should be noted that his foresight evolves as he fights, and in fact evolved through fighting Okubo. His skills in general improve, not just his reflexes.

Okubo Naoya and Agito Kanoh:
Potential Resistance to Information Analysis
The refere, who was the best at reading power among the group, couldn’t tell the difference between Agito and Kanoh’s pressure

Mikazuchi Rei
Resistance to Extrasensory Perception and Information Analysis
As already noted on his profile, Hatsumi Sen couldn’t sense anything from him.

Rolon Donaire
Statistics Amplification: Rolon can increase the speed, torque (kinetic energy) and balance of his punches by rotating his shoulder blades. Can increase his range in a similar manner
Damage Reduction: Can reduce damage at an even higher level than techniques to go limp by also making his joints loose
Limited Homing Attack: His arm is able to change direction and bend mid strike to slip through guards and strike in effective spots
Limited Body Puppetry: Using his pressure points he is able toforce his opponent to move his body in a way he wants by using their sense of pain to induce movement

Kure Raian
Stealth Mastery, Resistance to Extrasensory Perception and Information Analysis: Completely masked his pressure and snuck up on Gaoh.

Ohma should have further elaboration on his resistance to Analytical Prediction with the new addition of resistance to information Analysis, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception.

(Ohma can hide his inception of intent away and can bypass Koga's Fist-Eye, which are known for their ability to analyze situations, predict and have senses superior to even Ohma's own Kinetic Vision along with Kanoh's and Rolon's Kinetic Vision.

Ohma also needs Reactive Evolution / Reactive Power Level / Adaption. (Ohma can get stronger and faster mid combat against opponents who could previously outpace him. Went from getting ragdolled by Kanoh, to shocking The Fang of Metsudo to the point where he acknowledged Ohma's strength. Went from getting stomped by Raian to matching him, managing to make the Kure surprised at his sudden performance and eventually knocked him out. Ohma's body is capable of adapting to extreme conditions.)

Ohma should get possible resistance towards Mind Manipulation (While he was initially tricked by Kaneda's Determinate Prediction, which utilizes his opponents vision, breathing, and timing of their attacks to control their next move, Ohma stated he had other options to deal with it.)

Further elaboration on Ohma's Body Control (Can control the pace of his own heart beat, and can accurately control his own blood-flow. Using the Adamantine Kata Ohma is capable of controlling muscles in his body to move broken bones, stand and move using only his skeleton, can make his body move using the bare minimum amount of energy. Ohma can force his brain to produce endorphins that are five to six times more potent than morphine. Ohma can force his body to breakdown his own housekeeping proteins, causing Ohma to enter autophagy allowing him to become more agile and fluid.)

Couple of things I disagree with.
Wasn't this just explained as Ohma regaining his memories/removing the limitations Niko placed on his body? He was just regaining the strength and techniques he had previously lost here.

That was the whole point of Niko's Ghost, to show him the techniques and lessons he had learned from Niko in the past.

I think the last scan is solid though, just disagree with some of the examples here.

Already stated why I disagree with this in the discord when it was brought up. Kaneda's ability did successfully work against Ohma here, as Ohma did play directly into Kaneda's manipulation.

We should wait to see how the ability functions against other combatants before we say anything about Ohma's performance against it, imo.

Limited Statistics Reduction: All fighters should be capable of causing functional decline with targeted strikes
Disagree with this. Kuroki is one of the most skilled strikers in the verse, we shouldn't assume someone like, say, Julius could replicate this.

Sleep Inducement: All fighters should be capable of targeting the Vagus Nerve and Carotid to induce instant or quick unconsciousness
Disagree for similar reasons as above. We shouldn't assume all fighters have the knowledge or skills to target specific nerves like this.

Uh yeah I pretty much agree with all of what Midas said.

More specifically the stuff that "all fighters" should have, which they shouldn't because clearly only specific characters can do them. Other fighters wouldn't scale.
Statistics Amplification: Rolon can increase the speed, torque (kinetic energy) and balance of his punches by rotating his shoulder blades. Can increase his range in a similar manner
Though this seems to be some level of Limited Body Control.

Wasn't this just explained as Ohma regaining his memories/removing the limitations Niko placed on his body? He was just regaining the strength and techniques he had previously lost here.

That was the whole point of Niko's Ghost, to show him the techniques and lessons he had learned from Niko in the past.
Yes and no, remember Ohma got all of his memories from the past back after round 1 before his fight with Raian.

Also Niko's Ghost has nothing to do with Ohma getting his memories back in the Raian fight, the purpose of Niko in that particular feat was to have Ohma utilize his own form of the Niko Style. He went from full power to getting stomped, and back to fighting Raian on equal ground after using his own Niko Style.
Already stated why I disagree with this in the discord when it was brought up. Kaneda's ability did successfully work against Ohma here, as Ohma did play directly into Kaneda's manipulation.

We should wait to see how the ability functions against other combatants before we say anything about Ohma's performance against it, imo
Ohma still stated that he had direct counters to the ability so I don't think that automatically discredits a possibly rating but I'd be willing to wait for more examples.
Disagree with this. Kuroki is one of the most skilled strikers in the verse, we shouldn't assume someone like, say, Julius could replicate this.
Agreed although I'd say the more skilled strikes such as Gaolang and such should get it due to Gaolang having the better striking than even Gensai.
Disagree for similar reasons as above. We shouldn't assume all fighters have the knowledge or skills to target specific nerves like this
Agreed.

Yes and no, remember Ohma got all of his memories from the past back after round 1 before his fight with Raian.

Also Niko's Ghost has nothing to do with Ohma getting his memories back in the Raian fight, the purpose of Niko in that particular feat was to have Ohma utilize his own form of the Niko Style. He went from full power to getting stomped, and back to fighting Raian on equal ground after using his own Niko Style.
Ohma didn't get all his memories back before his fight with Raian though, it's directly stated that it was fighting Raian that sparked his memories coming back to him

Further supported by Ohma acknowledging he had forgotten the counter aspect of flashing steel until just now.

The whole reason Ohma was able to get the upperhand was that he was recalling Niko's lessons of fighting, such as always following up your attacks and swapping unpredictably between moves. This wasn't Ohma getting stronger, this was legitimately him just Niko's ghosts teaching him what he had already been taught.

Ohma still stated that he had direct counters to the ability so I don't think that automatically discredits a possibly rating but I'd be willing to wait for more examples.
I still don't really think possibly is warranted here.

Ohma wasn't referring to countering Kaneda's predictions, he was referring to the fact that he had other options to counter Kaneda's intial grappling attempt. Yet despite those other options, he CHOSE Weeping Willow. Which is the purpose of determinate prediction, to make someone choose a particular move instead of other possible attacks.

This is further supported by the fact that Kaneda considered his experiment "successful" despite Ohma saying he had other options. Meaning his ability worked entirely as intended.

Agreed although I'd say the more skilled strikes such as Gaolang and such should get it due to Gaolang having the better striking than even Gensai.
Eh, I'm iffy on that honestly. They both use different methods of striking, so I'm unsure of Gaolang should gain the same abilities just because he's reached a similar level of skill.

But I'm neutral overall.

Last edited:
Raian should also get a reactive evolution, and the strongest in his verse.
Well, or it can be justified by the pianos in the bushes.

Raian in a team with Erio and another fighter was completely overwhelmed by the base Eddie. Then he was able to defeat him in Renunciation. Someone thinks that Eddie was weakened due to the wound and poison, but he immediately turned on the detachment and, judging by his mood and cheerfulness, this did not affect him in any way.

The whole reason Ohma was able to get the upperhand was that he was recalling Niko's lessons of fighting, such as always following up your attacks and swapping unpredictably between moves.
Your attributing Niko's own teachings to Ohma's performance against Raian whenever that isn't the case, the entire point of Ghost Niko showing up there was to get Ohma to use his own version of the Niko Style rather than doing it exactly like Niko himself.

Another things to keep in mind is that even with Ohma getting his memories back is that they don't give him sudden increases in AP like this case, Raian even states that his techniques are nothing like they were before and is seen causing more damage to Raian than he was in a healthier condition.
Eh, I'm iffy on that honestly. They both use different methods of striking
Eh they don't really use different forms of "striking." Gao is confirmed to be a better striker than Gensai so I think that's pretty straightforward.

Your attributing Niko's own teachings to Ohma's performance against Raian whenever that isn't the case, the entire point of Ghost Niko showing up there was to get Ohma to use his own version of the Niko Style rather than doing it exactly like Niko himself.

Another things to keep in mind is that even with Ohma getting his memories back is that they don't give him sudden increases in AP like this case, Raian even states that his techniques are nothing like they were before and is seen causing more damage to Raian than he was in a healthier condition.
I'd disagree with this. Raian was less surprised with the fact that Ohma had gotten stronger and more impressed with the fact that he still had strength to fight, and the level of damage Ohma was doing only really changed because he had been using his techniques with more efficiency as they were supposed to be used, such as utilizing the counter aspect of Flashing Steel(like Midas brought up), which would obviously do more damage.

This is also shown when Ohma hit Raian in the neck with an Iron Breaker, where it says that damage had built up from successive attacks, so I don't really think Ohma got stronger as your trying to suggest, and instead he was just piling on successive, more efficient attacks.

To add to what Azontr said, Raian even points out that Ohma's strikes were ineffective because he lacked the mastery and accuracy to use them effectively. The difference between early R2 Ohma and Late R2 Ohma is more just Ohma having a better mastery of his attacks than anything else.

Eh they don't really use different forms of "striking." Gao is confirmed to be a better striker than Gensai so I think that's pretty straightforward.
They do though. Kaiwan Style and Gaolang's Boxing/Muay Thai are pretty dissimilar, fighting style-wise. The story goes out of its way to explain the difference between Kuroki's method of fighting, compared to Agito's previous fighters. Rei confirmed that Kuroki had mastered the ability of using the "right technique at the right moment". It's Kuroki's absurd amount of mastery that allows him to land accurate hits that would cause functional decline, which Gaolang has never shown.

By the way, I think we should reconsider the statement that Kuroki's punches are stronger than Wakatsuki's.

They are more accurate and technical, but this does not mean that they are stronger.

Yeah, Kuroki’s profile explicitly notes that he’s physically inferior:

“Though not as strong as Wakatsuki Takeshi or as fast as Gaolang Wongsawat, his strikes are more powerful than either of theirs because, after decades of perfecting his techniques, he can not only land blows before opponents can properly react or defend themselves, but the impact of his strikes pass through the peritoneum to directly damage the organs)”

there only considered “more powerful” because Kuroki’s strikes are so precise they can pretty much negate durability via organ targeting.

something that would only apply to him and not anyone else.

Back