• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kengan revision (attempt number 2)

Low 1-C Kengan
tc4bOip0QFs.jpg

Japanese image
« 漁場を守る為、、 家族を守る為、、、
この腕と、どんな獲物だって 倒してきた。この話で! »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« To protect our fishing grounds, to protect our families,
With this hand, I killed all the fish I met.With this story! »

In the original translation, the emphasis goes specifically to Karo's arm strike, which only confirms what I said about his strength being independent of the harpoon by almost any amount.

doing something with your strength doesn't mean weapons didn't play a key role
No, in this case we have a technique called the whaler, which Karo developed specifically for the tournament to "protect his family", when we are told the background of the technique we are literally emphasized on his physical strength, further portraying the blow as a harpoon strike

"this technique uses strength so weapons don't matter"

"using strength doesn't mean weapons don't matter"

"you don't understand, this technique uses strength"

"this technique uses strength so weapons don't matter"

"using strength doesn't mean weapons don't matter"

"you don't understand, this technique uses strength"
The whole point of what I said is that Karo's whaler force is equivalent to Karo's strike force with the Harpoon, don't misrepresent my words

The strike force of someone with a spear IRL is probably not very different from their punching force either, that doesn't mean the spear doesn't make piercing someone much easier

Last edited:
Impaling a creature 200 meters long and 30 meters wide with a spear is not something that will seriously harm it.

A spear can help pierce skin, but not a thick skull.

It's like if Pickle kills Godzilla from the Monsterverse with a spear and you say he doesn't scale.

How many weapon user profiles will we now have to reconsider because they use weapons with a minimal contact area to attack?

Correct, he would not, piercing like 5 meters of skin and skull with an object with tiny ass surface area would not scale you to the entire power of a 500+ meter tall 100000+ ton creature
Well, in this case, any attack that does not destroy the entire body should no longer scale to durability.

Now we can use the area of the fist to determine the force of the punch.

Should we scale Wakatsuki up to his kicks fully, or should it be a separate key, like a Blastcore?
To his durability. Should also note them in his AP and Striking strength, just make sure to note "higher with kicks" in the respective sections.

Also has anyone calculated Gilbert escaping from the grenade blast at point blank?

Scaling Waka's kicks to his durability is iffy. Since it creates a weird sorta scaling loop here.

Waka's durability = 3x his regular AP.

Julius can draw blood from Waka with singular punches

Julius AP thus scales to Waka's durability.

Waka's AP scales to Julius's AP via punch clashing.

You see the issue here?

Scaling Waka's kicks to his durability is iffy. Since it creates a weird sorta scaling loop here.

Waka's durability = 3x his regular AP.

Julius can draw blood from Waka with singular punches

Julius AP thus scales to Waka's durability.

Waka's AP scales to Julius's AP via punch clashing.

You see the issue here?
I guess we're just being given a legitimate multiplier to determine the strength of a kick, but with karate techniques, Wakatsuki can throw punches with the same force as with his legs

I also think it's very funny that Shen's profile listed "Clairvoyance" as an ability, because he guessed Mukaku's thoughts.

Also has anyone calculated Gilbert escaping from the grenade blast at point blank?
Apparently he didn't dodge, but got caught in the explosion, which is also a pretty cool feat.

However, the explosion feat is very stupid. A fiery flash the size of a city block or a skyscraper, but destruction only at the level of a wall+

Back