• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kashimo VS Yuta (again) (9-13-0)

First things first, Kashimo has the stat advantage as he is generally depicted as the strongest of the Edo era the same as Gojo and Sukuna were the strongest of the modern and Heian eras. Additionally, an old Kashimo did not believe that Ryu could give him a satisfying fight when Kenjaku brought him up (the raw text reads something along the lines of "its dubious").
Yuta~Ryu<Old Kashimo<Kashimo
To sum it up:
Yuta<<Kashimo
People might bring up his scaling to Hakari to which I would respond with: When is Yuta ever stated to be relative with Jackpot Hakari? He's portrayed as relative in Shinjuku, but he trained in between then and the Sendai arc.
As for Rika, all she will do is give Kashimo an opportunity to build up charge easier. Yuta doesn't have knowledge of the lightning bolt and won't even start with Rika unless he already knew about it, and he DEFINETLY won't use Domain Expansion until after the lightning bolt comes out, i.e after the fight is over
should i consider this a vote for the farmer?

Tbh it would funny if Yuta just try to copy Kashimo's CT thinking its the lightning and accidentaly killing himself
yuta-uses-the-wrong-ct-oopsies-p-v0-3x516nhegdhc1.png

Yuta needs to feed something from Kashimo's body parts to Rika to copy his CT. Kashimo's charges should remain with him due to his CE nature. Yuta would just set himself up for his own demise with the Lightning Discharge. Kashimo would just blow Rika apart alongwith Yuta if he pulled this off.

Yuta has this easily. Bro was able to freeze Sukuna long enough for him to reach for a sword and smack him with Ice-Breaker when Sukuna had the same amount of CE as himself. I doubt Kashimo has as much CE as Gojo, let alone Yuta. One “Don’t move” and he’s dead. This isn’t going to be like Sendai Yuta where he’s holding back his CT and Rika so that civilians can escape or because he’s fighting three people at the same time and shows only a few of his cards at once, he’s going to be going for the kill. Yuta FRA.
image0.jpg
IMG_5126.jpg

Yuta has this easily. Bro was able to freeze Sukuna long enough for him to reach for a sword and smack him with Ice-Breaker when Sukuna had the same amount of CE as himself. I doubt Kashimo has as much CE as Gojo, let alone Yuta. One “Don’t move” and he’s dead. This isn’t going to be like Sendai Yuta where he’s holding back his CT and Rika so that civilians can escape or because he’s fighting three people at the same time and shows only a few of his cards at once, he’s going to be going for the kill. Yuta FRA.
image0.jpg
Yuta freezing did nothing. Did he able to kill him? You are acting like Yuta Negged Sukuna with that move
Kashimo ≠ Yuji

Also Sendai Yuta wasn't holding back stop making headcanons.
From your replies seems like you didn't even brother to read which version of Yuta is used for this match. This is CG yuta not Shinjuku Showdown Yuta.

Yuta also objectively lacks CE efficiency stated by Gojo himself. Having large reserve means nothing here. Not to mention his other limitations for Copy and he doesn't have Shinjuku Showdown skills and copied technique in this key. Atleast read the OP if you are not going to read others arguments.

image0.jpg
IMG_5126.jpg
1. Stop is not his starting move
2. Kashimo has the stat advantage so no guarantee that he'll die or even be significantly injured from one stab
3. Kashimo likely has knowledge of Cursed Speech and can counter it via reinforcing his ears which Sukuna seemingly didn't do for whatever reason

1. Stop is not his starting move
2. Kashimo has the stat advantage so no guarantee that he'll die or even be significantly injured from one stab
3. Kashimo likely has knowledge of Cursed Speech and can counter it via reinforcing his ears which Sukuna seemingly didn't do for whatever reason
1. He used it on Yuji when he went for the kill and the only reason he didn’t use it earlier in the Sendai fight was because Rika was protecting the civilians.

2. Even if there is a stat advantage, there isn’t a big enough one for Yuta to be unable to stab Kashimo in the heart while he’s not defending himself.

3. Yuta is skilled at tricking people. He’ll simply use it when Rika’s in front of him so Kashimo doesn’t see what he’s doing. He’s done a similar sort of trick before against Sukuna where he tries stabbing him from behind Rika.

Sukuna likely got caught off-guard that he didn't reinforced his ears
7-iuZe038V6MZNz-m.jpg

Yuta didn't tried to use Cursed speed again knowing Sukuna will be on guard. He went for Cleave. I mean there were many different opportunities but Yuta never pulled Cursed speed again on Sukuna already tells that.
17-fTvU_CTiVTozo-m.jpg

He also didn't used Cursed speach again during Sendai fight after he beats up Uro. Highly likely because his trick was revealed so they reinforced their ears

Yuta didn't tried to use Cursed speed again knowing Sukuna will be on guard. He went for Cleave. I mean there were many different opportunities but Yuta never pulled Cursed speed again on Sukuna already tells that.

He also didn't used Cursed speach again during Sendai fight after he beats up Uro. Highly likely because his trick was revealed so they reinforced their ears
Ok… so why would Kashimo not be off guard? He has no reason to believe Yuta has Cursed Speech and therefore no reason to protect against it, Yuta not using it again after it was revealed is not relevant until he actually uses it against Kashimo.

He used it on Yuji when he went for the kill
No he used Rika to restrain him.
the only reason he didn’t use it earlier in the Sendai fight was because Rika was protecting the civilians.
Does not mean he starts with it
Even if there is a stat advantage, there isn’t a big enough one for Yuta to be unable to stab Kashimo in the heart while he’s not defending himself.
He would still be reinforced with Cursed Energy
3. Yuta is skilled at tricking people. He’ll simply use it when Rika’s in front of him so Kashimo doesn’t see what he’s doing. He’s done a similar sort of trick before against Sukuna where he tries stabbing him from behind Rika.
Okay cool, he gets one good hit and he won't land it again. Kashimo's not stupid either so he'll figure out what Yuta is planning soon enough

image0.jpg
IMG_5126.jpg
couting this to the "ill be the monster" guy

Perhaps im misremembering since its been awhile since I read the arc but was Yuta not specifically avoiding killing during the CGs?
Narratively Yuta+Rika combo is below Ryu. Not to mention output Ryu had higher output than any players

He even manifested Rika due to be was pushed to the limits.
16-mJjCLZe8rTWWT.png
17-udqF98g_e9lmB.png

18-tdUhnTj4hTYmF.png

Holding back stuff is misconceptions. Ryu was talking Yuta won the fight so he had the option to kill them but it was stupid that he let them live. He didn't killed them ≠ He was holding back
Ok… so why would Kashimo not be off guard? He has no reason to believe Yuta has Cursed Speech and therefore no reason to protect against it, Yuta not using it again after it was revealed is not relevant until he actually uses it against Kashimo.
  • I never claimed Kashimo won't be off-guard, but Kashimo is skilled enough to observe Gojo and Sukuna's CE efficiency and other details. Whenever a CT is activated, a spark gives it away. So, I believe Kashimo would be able to tell if Yuta does that. Uro only got caught off-guard due to Yuta covering his mouth and Rika acting as a smokescreen.
  • Let's say Kashimo gets caught in Cursed Speech once; then what? Cursed Speech only works for a short period, and they shouldn't be able to kill Kashimo. Kashimo would just reinforce his ears next time.
  • Also, their attacks would backfire on them due to Kashimo's body continuously producing electricity.

Yuta freezing did nothing. Did he able to kill him? You are acting like Yuta Negged Sukuna with that move

Kashimo ≠ Yuji

Also Sendai Yuta wasn't holding back stop making headcanons.
From your replies seems like you didn't even brother to read which version of Yuta is used for this match. This is CG yuta not Shinjuku Showdown Yuta.

Yuta also objectively lacks CE efficiency stated by Gojo himself. Having large reserve means nothing here. Not to mention his other limitations for Copy and he doesn't have Shinjuku Showdown skills and copied technique in this key. Atleast read the OP if you are not going to read others arguments.
No, the reason why I brought up the Sukuna thing is because of how Cursed Speech works. Cursed Speech is more effective on the opponent depending on the cursed energy difference between them and the user. That’s why someone like Inumaki takes damage and the effect didn’t last long when he used it on Hanami and Sukuna but Yuta took no damage when he used it on Sukuna. Sukuna was frozen for a few seconds when Yuta used it on him, meaning that when he uses Cursed Speech on someone with the same amount of cursed energy as him, they are frozen for a few seconds. Someone who has much less cursed energy than him, like Gojo, would be frozen for longer. My assumption is that Kashimo has less cursed energy than Yuta and as a result he would be frozen for a while.

I posted the Yuji image to show what Yuta will do to Kashimo once he’s frozen.

“Sendai Yuta wasn’t holding back”

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5130.png

Similarly, if you recall Megumi’s fight against Reggie, he was going for nonlethal blows against Reggie’s friend with the claws cursed technique so that he could get their points until the kogane told him a new rule was added that would help Tsumiki and at that point Megumi didn’t need the points anymore so he immediately killed the dude and he also went for the kill on Reggie too.

I posted Shinjuku Yuta against Sukuna for the Cursed Speech explanation which I mentioned above. As for the tactics thing, I don’t think Yuta improved his battle intelligence during the one month, he just studied Jujutsu. Even ignoring those examples, I still think the Sendai stuff( shooting Ryu’s beam into the air and holding him in position to get hit with it again after making him forget about it) is enough to say he knows how to trick his opponents.

I never mentioned him having Shinjuku cursed techniques? I only mentioned Yuta using Cursed Speech which he’s had since JJK:0. Yuta has bad cursed energy efficiency in general, he only ran out after having to use Reverse Cursed Technique multiple times after fighting people back to back in Sendai. Again, I explained why the cursed energy reserves matter for Cursed Speech and I don’t think it’s going to take five minutes for Yuta to stab Kashimo or that he needs more than Cursed Speech so those limitations don’t matter.

No, the reason why I brought up the Sukuna thing is because of how Cursed Speech works. Cursed Speech is more effective on the opponent depending on the cursed energy difference between them and the user. That’s why someone like Inumaki takes damage and the effect didn’t last long when he used it on Hanami and Sukuna but Yuta took no damage when he used it on Sukuna. Sukuna was frozen for a few seconds when Yuta used it on him, meaning that when he uses Cursed Speech on someone with the same amount of cursed energy as him, they are frozen for a few seconds. Someone who has much less cursed energy than him, like Gojo, would be frozen for longer. My assumption is that Kashimo has less cursed energy than Yuta and as a result he would be frozen for a while.
I already addressed that part
7-iuZe038V6MZNz-m.jpg

17-fTvU_CTiVTozo-m.jpg

I posted the Yuji image to show what Yuta will do to Kashimo once he’s frozen.
Yuta has zero feats for doing that to character with equal or higher strength
“Sendai Yuta wasn’t holding back”

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5130.png

Similarly, if you recall Megumi’s fight against Reggie, he was going for nonlethal blows against Reggie’s friend with the claws cursed technique so that he could get their points until the kogane told him a new rule was added that would help Tsumiki and at that point Megumi didn’t need the points anymore so he immediately killed the dude and he also went for the kill on Reggie too.
I already addressed that here
Sendai Yuta holding back is just a big headcanon. When even Yuta himself tells Rika to give it all.
Narratively Yuta+Rika combo is below Ryu. Not to mention output Ryu had higher output than any players

16-mJjCLZe8rTWWT.png
17-udqF98g_e9lmB.png

18-tdUhnTj4hTYmF.png

Holding back stuff is misconceptions. Ryu was talking Yuta won the fight so he had the option to kill them but it was stupid that he let them live. He didn't killed them ≠ He was holding back
I posted Shinjuku Yuta against Sukuna for the Cursed Speech explanation which I mentioned above. As for the tactics thing, I don’t think Yuta improved his battle intelligence during the one month, he just studied Jujutsu. Even ignoring those examples, I still think the Sendai stuff( shooting Ryu’s beam into the air and holding him in position to get hit with it again after making him forget about it) is enough to say he knows how to trick his opponents.

I never mentioned him having Shinjuku cursed techniques? I only mentioned Yuta using Cursed Speech which he’s had since JJK:0. Yuta has bad cursed energy efficiency in general, he only ran out after having to use Reverse Cursed Technique multiple times after fighting people back to back in Sendai. Again, I explained why the cursed energy reserves matter for Cursed Speech and I don’t think it’s going to take five minutes for Yuta to stab Kashimo or that he needs more than Cursed Speech so those limitations don’t matter.
No you didn't? These are your own words. OP is using Sendai/Culling Game key. You said this isn't going to be like that meaning you are talking about Shinjuku Showdown? Unless you explain how this is Culling Game Yuta only.
This isn’t going to be like Sendai Yuta where he’s holding back his CT and Rika so that civilians can escape or because he’s fighting three people at the same time and shows only a few of his cards at once, he’s going to be going for the kill. Yuta FRA.

image0.jpg
IMG_5126.jpg
Insane how he will not have time to use any of that before blowing up

16-mJjCLZe8rTWWT.png
17-udqF98g_e9lmB.png

18-tdUhnTj4hTYmF.png

I mean Ryu also mentions that without the added rule that you can transfer points Yuta would have killed them, which while tbf Yuta says “maybe” we know that Yuta has gone directly for the kill in like all of the other fights hes taken part in (Geto, Yuji, Kenny and Sukuna). Given Yuta has a penchant for actively going for direct kill shots quickly I dont see how he isnt holding back at least some when he specifically doesnt.

Theres also the fact in Yuta’s Domain we see dozens of swords and theres likely many many more, unless we assume he got all of them during the one month then he likely had some of those during his fight in Sendei he just didnt use (Tho this is more headcanon reasoning then the other one).
  • I never claimed Kashimo won't be off-guard, but Kashimo is skilled enough to observe Gojo and Sukuna's CE efficiency and other details. Whenever a CT is activated, a spark gives it away. So, I believe Kashimo would be able to tell if Yuta does that. Uro only got caught off-guard due to Yuta covering his mouth and Rika acting as a smokescreen.
Even if he knows a CT is coming he wouldnt know its CS and Yuta would obviously use a smokescreen given thats what he consistently does when using CS.
  • Let's say Kashimo gets caught in Cursed Speech once; then what? Cursed Speech only works for a short period, and they shouldn't be able to kill Kashimo. Kashimo would just reinforce his ears next time.
I mean if Yuta stabs him in the heart that seems like it would be a pretty devastating blow especially since Kashimo doesnt have RCT.

He has also been shown to just cut peoples head off, afaik Kashimo’s durability isnt so much higher then Yuta’s AP that he could just no diff Yuta trying to cut off his head especially if frozen in place.

Yuta should have high enough AP that if he can pull off a freeze on Kashimo he should be able to deal heavy damage and Yuta has been shown to go for lethal blows in every fight but against Ryu and Uro.

So was Yuji, he still got stabbed. How high do you have Kashimo’s AP above Yuta that you think Yuta can’t go past his skin and reach his heart like it’s some type of Haruta vs Nanami level gap?
That wasn't a reinforced Yuji, Yuji was focusing on trying to escape Rika's hold. And this Yuji is inferior to Kashimo in ce control.

Nah you’re mixing up the order of events

Ryu said this, then Yuta said “give me your points” and then Ryu “oh so that’s why you let us live”
So according to you sparing a life after he won = Holding Back during the fight? 😭
I literally explained how he had option to kill them or let them live because he won the fight.

Also you ignored the above scans where Yuta asks Rika to give it all due to him being pushed to his limits.

I already addressed that part

Yuta has zero feats for doing that to character with equal or higher strength

No you didn't? These are your own words. OP is using Sendai/Culling Game key. You said this isn't going to be like that meaning you are talking about Shinjuku Showdown? Unless you explain how this is Culling Game Yuta only.
Cursed Speech is a two step process. First you say the words. If someone protects their ears before that, then they are safe. If someone doesn’t, then step two happens, the cursed technique activates. When the cursed technique activates, the user either successfully uses the technique with no backlash, or they use it on someone with more cursed energy than them and take damage.

When they hop into Yuta’s domain, they explicitly say that Yuta and Sukuna have the same amount of cursed energy.

When I said it’s not going to be like in Sendai, I mean like literally it’s not going to be like the fight against Uro and Ryu where Rika is away protecting people at the stadium and Yuta’s trying not to kill his opponents because he wants their points. It’s the Sendai key Yuta but not Yuta in the mindset of a culling games player, because this fight doesn’t take place in the culling games if you get what I mean.

So according to you sparing a life after he won = Holding Back during the fight? 😭
I literally explained how he had option to kill them or let them live because he won the fight.

Also you ignored the above scans where Yuta asks Rika to give it all due to him being pushed to his limits.
Elde. They are trying to get points. Everyone is trying to get points so that they can save Tsumiki. If you spare a player, they can give you all of their points. If you kill them, you get like five or ten. Yuta explicitly is trying to get 400 points all by himself. If he kills them, he loses their points.

Back