• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't literally have an engine I think. It's because he's a Chainsaw. I don't think there's a confirmed weak point in his Immortality- it'd just be bypassed with strong enough negation or damage beyond High-Mid.
I figured "Engine" was figurative speak for his "Heart". After all, the string he tugs on is attached to Pochita and they pull on that whenever they need to heal up. Figured destroying it would prevent their ability to regen. Am I mistaken? We saw they regenerated from their heart when they threw themselves from space, and Pochita lost their ability to regenerate after Makima ripped it out of their body (and had to be saved by Denji).

Can you show me when we see his intestines?
Yah:
10.jpg

Makima ripped them out during their fight.

I figured "Engine" was figurative speak for his "Heart". After all, the string he tugs on is attached to Pochita and they pull on that whenever they need to heal up. Figured destroying it would prevent their ability to regen. Am I mistaken? We saw they regenerated from their heart when they threw themselves from space, and Pochita lost their ability to regenerate after Makima ripped it out of their body (and had to be saved by Denji).
Again I agree that Pochita's heart is probably like his "core" or the "source of his consciousness" sort of like a brain.

I just disagree with destroying his heart being able to bypass his regeneration. All Hybrids hearts are their Devils, such as Reze, but she could regenerate from just her head.

Again I agree that Pochita's heart is probably like his "core" or the "source of his consciousness" sort of like a brain.

I just disagree with destroying his heart being able to bypass his regeneration. All Hybrids hearts are their Devils, such as Reze, but she could regenerate from just her head.
Would you agree Pochita needs blood to regenerate then? Or do you think they can just regenerate endlessly without problem?

Would you agree Pochita needs blood to regenerate then? Or do you think they can just regenerate endlessly without problem?
Maybe? Yoru & Makima implied it was indefinite, but he's still a Devil.

If he does need blood, it's only very little and not necessary for his regen unless healing over an extended period of time.

I also vote to Yuta

It's pretty funny to see people really believing that Chainsaw Devil wins since he is just a animal with big chainsaws
EDIT: I have forget that CSM cant read propely so my comment didnt make sense and sounded re.tard. So ignore it

Last edited:
Maybe? Yoru & Makima implied it was indefinite, but he's still a Devil.

If he does need blood, it's only very little and not necessary for his regen unless healing over an extended period of time.
Then Yuta bisecting him to pieces over and over again while double teaming him with Rika and using Cursed Speech will do the trick. Or just destroy him beyond the point from which he can regenerate would work too.

Then Yuta bisecting him to pieces over and over again while double teaming him with Rika and using Cursed Speech will do the trick. Or just destroy him beyond the point from which he can regenerate would work too.
Yuta & Rika aren't strong enough to chop up Pochita, especially when he's rapidly regenerating. He can comfortably fight the 2v1, or toss Rika away when she hits him/she blocks his blow, with his overwhelming LS.

I just don't think Yuta would last in CQC with Pochita for more than a couple seconds or tens of seconds, his chainsaws easily chop characters on his level to pieces with a single hit, and he has more range + 4 arms.

Yuta himself does have RCT, but it's not nearly as strong as Pochita's regen.

Yuta & Rika aren't strong enough to chop up Pochita, especially when he's rapidly regenerating. He can comfortably fight the 2v1, or toss Rika away when she hits him/she blocks his blow, with his overwhelming LS.

I just don't think Yuta would last in CQC with Pochita for more than a couple seconds or tens of seconds, his chainsaws easily chop characters on his level to pieces with a single hit, and he has more range + 4 arms.

Yuta himself does have RCT, but it's not nearly as strong as Pochita's regen.
Yuta's Katana would naturally allow him to damage those who scale above himself. Add onto the fact that it's greatly enhanced by his Cursed Energy.

If close quarters wouldn't work out, Yuta would just start using Cursed Techniques to overwhelm their regeneration. Just using explode or die would suffice. As would him being able to crack space to crumble them to pieces.

Speaking of lifting strength though, JJK needs to have theirs revised badly. Rika can effortlessly restrain Yuji who himself is easily Class M to Class G (I also think CSM's LS should be higher too. Being able to lift the rock he hoisted into the air that grants his current lifting strength would be greater than its resting mass).

What’s the justification for Class M Yuji, I would like more than just him casually throwing a car, it’s clear he could do more than that

What’s the justification for Class M Yuji, I would like more than just him casually throwing a car, it’s clear he could do more than that
I think someone was planning a CRT for it IIRC. It just never happened. But there's quite a good amount of Class M stuff from what I recall.

I think someone was planning a CRT for it IIRC. It just never happened. But there's quite a good amount of Class M stuff from what I recall.
Im pretty sure someone made a class M LS calc from an asphalt feat in the Bomb Devil arc, so fairly both verses should be relative in LS

Im pretty sure someone made a class M LS calc from an asphalt feat in the Bomb Devil arc, so fairly both verses should be relative in LS
Class M is a large tier bear in mind. JJK is high Class M, low Class G from what I recall. At least as far as people like Yuji and those relative to him physically are concerned. I wouldn't exactly cross your fingers quite yet.

Class M is a large tier bear in mind. JJK is high Class M, low Class G from what I recall. At least as far as people like Yuji and those relative to him physically are concerned. I wouldn't exactly cross your fingers quite yet.
I've seen some Class M calcs for Yuji, but I've only seen one for Reze which is what will carry Chainsaw Man verse LS in the future

For the Class G JJK, I've seen many calcs but I don't really think Yuta would scale to any of them as I don't recall them being physical but more ability based feats

But for rn we will have to work with what's on the pages, but I do see Class M CSM and JJK in the future

Yuta's Katana would naturally allow him to damage those who scale above himself. Add onto the fact that it's greatly enhanced by his Cursed Energy.
Of course he can damage Pochita, he's only weaker by like 60 tons, but he can't chop him to bits. Idk why you mentioned the CE though because that's the reason he's 1.3kt in the first place.

If close quarters wouldn't work out, Yuta would just start using Cursed Techniques to overwhelm their regeneration. Just using explode or die would suffice. As would him being able to crack space to crumble them to pieces.
I think any close quarters results in Pochita quickly killing Yuta, so I don't think he'd be able to switch from from CQC to CT easily.

Even then, blowing up Pochita with Cursed Speech is risky from his perspective (he's more likely to use freeze commands or movement commands) since Pochita is so strong. None of the CTs within his Mimicry appear to be capable of bypassing Pochita's immortalities.

Yuta's best bet is a Sleep command, but he's never used it in the series & there are arguments for it being inneffective.

Of course he can damage Pochita, he's only weaker by like 60 tons, but he can't chop him to bits. Idk why you mentioned the CE though because that's the reason he's 1.3kt in the first place.
I mentioned the CE, because IIRC, it's explicitly stated to make weapons sharper/gives it greater cutting power or smth IIRC. I'll have to go back and look at the fight.
I think any close quarters results in Pochita quickly killing Yuta, so I don't think he'd be able to switch from from CQC to CT easily.

Even then, blowing up Pochita with Cursed Speech is risky from his perspective (he's more likely to use freeze commands or movement commands) since Pochita is so strong. None of the CTs within his Mimicry appear to be capable of bypassing Pochita's immortalities.

Yuta's best bet is a Sleep command, but he's never used it in the series & there are arguments for it being inneffective.
It would be extremely easy to switch from CQC to ranged combat. He has Rika and can very simply instruct him to "Not move" via Cursed Speech. Wouldn't be hard to walk away even if his opponent was stuck in place.

Why would the commands not be able to bypass the command? Pretty sure an instant death technique that disintegrates bodies would be more than sufficient at that. Don't think it'd be hard for Yuta to pile on until Pochita's nothing but a puddle of blood.

Why would the commands not be able to bypass the command? Pretty sure an instant death technique that disintegrates bodies would be more than sufficient at that. Don't think it'd be hard for Yuta to pile on until Pochita's nothing but a puddle of blood.
Yuta almost never goes for Die or Death commands- Itd be even more out of character for him to use it multiple times, Also, death manipulation is something which Pochita is resistant to..and there is also sufficient evidence that cursed speech wouldn't even work on him.

Well tbf every devil in csm is mostly organs..His head is a literal chainsaw, I don't know if there is a brain in there.
You originally said they had no organs... Reze was also stated to have a heart as well (When they grew moss inside of it and her intestines).
Yuta almost never goes for Die or Death commands, Also, death manipulation is something which Pochita is resistant to..and there is also sufficient evidence that cursed speech wouldn't even work on him.
This opponent in particular warrants it. If they can use Cursed Speech on humans and Cursed Spirits, I don't see much reason one couldn't do so on Pochita. Especially since the other CSM supporters here also seem to believe it'd affect him.

The proof for his lack of brain is the fact that his head is a chainsaw, And when he regenerates he shows no indication of having any organs other than a 'heart' (which is pochita himself)
Also, Cursed Speech is countered by having resistance in the brain via cursed energy, implying that it requires a brain to work. And cursed speech has never been shown against curses which lack a physical form...
I will consider you are trolling at this point. Completely ignoring what others are saying.
You're basically saying you don't have proof that Denji lacks a brain. Send the scan, or it's considered a burden of proof. Also, having consciousness is sufficient to make them sleep. I'm not sure where you got the notion that a brain is necessary. Curses initially existed solely as consciousness and later developed their own bodies, yet cursed speech can still affect them. So, it doesn't matter if he lacks a brain or not.

What are the wincons for both?
This is my argument. Others are arguing for some death manipulation and other things.
Voting for Yuta. Yuta will try everything and see if he can't possibly kill Pochita or Denji, then he will be using Cursed Speech to put Denji to sleep. Looking at Denji's profile, he lacks resistance to that. This is also a win condition. So be it.

I mentioned the CE, because IIRC, it's explicitly stated to make weapons sharper/gives it greater cutting power or smth IIRC. I'll have to go back and look at the fight.
CE can enhance weapons just like it can enhance people, without CE his sword is just a regular 9-C blade.

It would be extremely easy to switch from CQC to ranged combat. He has Rika and can very simply instruct him to "Not move" via Cursed Speech. Wouldn't be hard to walk away even if his opponent was stuck in place.
I'm saying it'd be a challenge because he'd be killed fairly quickly in CQC, not allowing him to switch away to range. Rika may be invulnerable but Pochita can very easily toss her away with superior LS to isolate Yuta. Cursed Speech requires his CT which he needs to put on his ring for & can only use for 5 minutes.

The command 'Die' isn't stated to disintegrate targets, all the additional info states that it instantly takes the target's life. Unless you can provide any evidence that 'Die' itself disintegrates the victim, it's just far more likely that the fodder Cursed Spirits disintegrated after exploding because they're Cursed Spirits, which disintegrate upon death.

Yuta is not strong enough nor does he have any Techniques that'd let him reduce Pochita to having no solid parts of his body left. The reason I think Pochita takes this is essentially that Yuta can't put down Pochita while Pochita can one-shot Yuta.

The command 'Die' isn't stated to disintegrate targets, all the additional info states that it instantly takes the target's life. Unless you can provide any evidence that 'Die' itself disintegrates the victim, it's just far more likely that the fodder Cursed Spirits disintegrated after exploding because they're Cursed Spirits, which disintegrate upon death.
I wasn't saying the technique turns the target to ash or anything. I was saying it causes an explosion which leaves nothing left of a target. I showed you several instances in Volume 0 alone of curses not disappearing immediately upon death. They can take a while before vanishing. It feels too dismissive to say they vanished solely because they decomposed instantaneously.

I wasn't saying the technique turns the target to ash or anything. I was saying it causes an explosion which leaves nothing left of a target.
That's worse.

I showed you several instances in Volume 0 alone of curses not disappearing immediately upon death. They can take a while before vanishing. It feels too dismissive to say they vanished solely because they decomposed instantaneously.
Yes their vanishing can vary in speed. Particularly, higher Grade Spirits tend to last longer. You can understand why an instant-death technique causing fodder Spirits to immediately vanish into dust is likely then, no?

Yes their vanishing can vary in speed. Particularly, higher Grade Spirits tend to last longer. You can understand why an instant-death technique causing fodder Spirits to immediately vanish into dust is likely then, no?
Even the fodder one Gojo immediately killed persisted for several seconds without any sign of corroding away Didn't said centipedes also later on harm Choso? I thought most the curses Geto used were capable of harming higher grade Sorcerers. Even fodder spirits have shown to persist throughout the series without fading away right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back