• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Possible Jump Force Story Mode Plot Leak + Extras

Source.

Take this info with a grain of salt until we can verify it on Feb 11.

SPOILERS BELOW

Part 1:

• a lot of dialogue sandwiched between repetitive fights
  • a number of characters show up as NPCs to support the story but aren't playable in any way, even as assists or half-baked story-only fighters
  • Light never fights, spends most of the game manipulating characters in situations in attempt to steal the Onyx Book
  • Kane/Galena act like the villain ringleaders, but are mostly there to prop up the villain roster in numerous battles alongside "evil" versions of the heroes
  • Blackbeard manages to cheat the other villains out of the Dragon Balls for his own wish
  • some story-only fighters have more than 4 specials
  • Cell is implied to have absorbed several non-playable characters including Madara
  • panicking after being beaten soundly by the heroes, he attempts to betray the other villains by first absorbing Kaguya in a bid for more power, only to be possessed by her after she gets completely consumed
  • Cell-Kaguya becomes a major boss near the end of the game and freely uses abilities from several fighters
  • DIO gets the drop on Goku after a fight, sucking an amount Saiyan's blood before being forced to flee
  • when confronted later in the story by Jotaro, he reveals his new form, which is essentially a mix between "awakened" DIO and SS Rosé, complete with hot pink ki-knives and an empowered Space Ripper Stingy Eyes beam attack
  • this leads to one of the most drastic changes for the heroes, which includes Joseph(NPC) training the player's CaC, Jotaro, Goku, and Kenshiro in the way of hamon; this unlocks it for the player in multiplayer
  • to fit with the three-person teams and multiply the effectiveness of their otherwise amateur hamon training, Goku and Jotaro perform a Potara fusion, resulting in a powerful fighter with a laughable outfit named "JoJoku"
  • Aizen is a red herring, Yhwach is the actual main over-arching villain and final boss, supported by Kane and Galena, while the rest of the villains and all of the playable heroes are selectable teammates for the final battle
Part 2:

• Yugi, Bleach shinigami, and stand users can see Ryuk
  • One Piece characters get a lot of screentime and focus in the cutscenes
  • it's ultimately up to the player which characters they fight with, although they're limited by which characters are present in some situations (think Smash Bros' Subspace Emissary)
  • In total there's probably seven or eight hours of fights, again padded by lots of dialogue in cutscenes and the hub world itself
  • everything is mostly linear but certain "missions" can be done in whatever order the player chooses, similar to Xenoverse 2
  • extremely repetitive stages as there aren't many
  • some of the NPCs seem awfully present despite not being playable and are possible DLC plans
  • Yhwach is either going to be unlockable or DLC since he's not quite as balls-to-the-wall as the other story-only bosses
Thoughts on any of this been real?

Again it seems I am one of the pople ok with Kaguya being picked lol. Anyway that story leak looks super fake but idk.

Anyone else played today??? At first it was hard which made it not so fun but when you get use to the controls it's great for the beta right now!!

Unfortunately I cant play the game but despite my problems with the generally boring kits of characters, it actually looks pretty fun.

I thought Naruto looked like a bad character but when he gets his tranformation he seems to become pretty op, at least judging by the gameplay of others.

Lol, if those leaks are true, I'm glad Kaguya and Yhwach have some respect put on their names.

Sounds far fetched though. Sounds suspect tbh...

Meh, I wish they could have included more series.

And removed a couple characters from the series with 6 characters...

@Damage

Sadly this is marketing so of course the most popluar series will get so much characters, meanwhile the less one is ignored.

And tbf there is DLC.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
@Damage
Sadly this is marketing so of course the most popluar series will get so much characters, meanwhile the less one is ignored.

And tbf there is DLC.
Only 9 characters though, and you can expect 3 of them being Naruto, DB and OP characters.

I would rather have Momoshiki or toneri over madara tbh. Unless madara would be in so6p form using the limbo clones or something, we already have 2 susanoo users. Momoshikki could be in his base and have fusion as his transformation using red chakra weapons and shit, and toneri could start in base and then use the tenseigan chakra cloaks. They are both pretty different to Madara. It would have only made sense to have Boruto as its own series rather than Boruto taking up naruto roster spaces. But what can I expect they want to promote him more and Boruto's popularity is actually pretty high contrary to popular belief.

All I can say is that the roster went pretty much as I expected and people are as disappointed as I expected lol. This is Bamco for them it is money>>>>anything else.

@Rocker Boruto's popularity is actually pretty high contrary to popular belief.

I mean yeah i dont think anyone thinks Boruto is some underground anime but it is defintely below the New Big Shonen series.

which is still fine.

I'm kinda mad that Blackbeard made it over Doflamingo.

But not as mad as when I found out they have even less characters in this than Victory VS.

That is true but you wont believe the number of people on youtube/reddit who say that Boruto is not popular or whatever.

It's viewership is not fans but haters, ironic.

On a serious note it would've been nice to have little collectables from other Shonen series not geared towards fighting like the promised neverland or food wars

It baffles me that Piccolo is there, but not Beerus.

You know, someone who's actually relevant?

Back