• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It gives a different feel from Smash Bros because the characters actually talk to each other. Plus, the idea of a Force made up of protagonists that we all know is really cool.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It gives a different feel from Smash Bros because the characters actually talk to each other. Plus, the idea of a Force made up of protagonists that we all know is really cool.
It seems someone wanted more dialogue in World of Light

I'm kinda sad they didn't get Ryuk VA. Ryuk is just super silent haha....awh...

Actually, its been confirmed majority of the VA for the shonen characters are not in the game. Well, besides basic interactions before battle or calling out the name of attacks, or moaning when hit.

I gotta say, the jump force story is absolute trash. The animations are stiff, the facial expressions dont change and a lot of it is not voice acted. They should have spent another year making the game. The story basically seems like worse end of series Bleach plot with the final villain being a worse Yhwach.

Can't lie man this is kinda Akiras fault. I knew they shouldn't let him design characters cause I can bet that he most likely came up with the idea for the bad guys which are shadows ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩Ńñ¿

Toriyama's character designs suck so much these days.

They tend to either look like bootleg versions of either Hit or Cell, or just very bland like Jiren.

Couldn't they have aired another person to design the villains?

That's what I'm saying ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å. Like seriously man. Would have took Kish or Oda or Kubo any day over Toriyama's designs.

My only guess is that they wanted the characters to look as alien-like as possible, and Toriyama has more experience with those type of stuff.

I mean there is Ikemotto and his otsutsuki and kubo did a good job with moster aizen and also the another thing with the plot, the villains were basically towa and demigra 2.0....

Would have like to see a fusion of design between Iki and Kubo!! Just imagine a villain with Momoshiki and Aizen design ƒÉɃÉɃöуöÑ

AstralKing7 said:
Can't lie man this is kinda Akiras fault. I knew they shouldn't let him design characters cause I can bet that he most likely came up with the idea for the bad guys which are shadows ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩Ńñ¿
Galena's hot asf though! She gets a pass.

In the story mode Shounen characters have no super strength or durability in the real world. Death Note doesn't even work. Lol

Is it real or not Jump Force is "competing" against Kingdom Hearts 3 for being a worse game of 2019.

DMB 1 said:
Toriyama's character designs suck so much these days.

They tend to either look like bootleg versions of either Hit or Cell, or just very bland like Jiren.

Couldn't they have aired another person to design the villains?

Nobody else is willing. The only reason Akira has the most character in that game is because of his willingness to work in the gaming industry. Unlike every other mangaka. After DB he became a full time game character designer.

It's probably why a Dragon Quest character was allowed inside a Shonen Jump game. Cause Akira designed him. In total he has about 11 character in this game.

It all comes down to willingness the other are not willing to work on games or give unique IPs to game company.

That does bring up a question.

Who do you guys think has the best artwork of the people who made series in this? You think it's Kubo? Toriyama? Araki?

Just say the verse if you don't know the mangaka.

The real cal howard said:
Who do you guys think has the best artwork of the people who made series in this? You think it's Kubo? Toriyama? Araki?

Araki has had his art featured in the louve, and had both designed and drawn for Gucci. Out of the artists in shonen jump in straight up static art, Araki takes it hands down. You could argue someone else draws fights better. I know that both Toriyama and Kubo are masters of portraying motion and perspective

Think Kuromade is also pretty great. But he can't even be bothered to finish his own manga. Let alone design for Video Games.

Speaking of which I wonder why Arale didn't make it to the list. She had been present in every Jump Crossover game, since those were a thing. This is the first crossover she has not appeared in. Which is a dame shame.

The real cal howard said:

I actually think Kubo is one of the best here, say what you want about Bleach but his character designs are next level.

His character designs are insane(honestly ichigo and any of the hollow merged with huamn forms is one of my favourite characters in fiction design wise) so are his enviornmental designs when he actually bothers.

i freacking love kubo's style

but araki is up there with his weirdness , same for Keisuge itagaki (Baki)

if i want to watch stylish designs , i choose kubo . if i want to laugh my ass off ( in a good way) i choose the other two .

Back