• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen revision - Part 1: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we message pain for him to defend subsonic jujutsu one last time or call the staff?
call staff. the subsonic point has been argued to death and i dont believe either side has brought up new points or new evidence since it's been argued.

So... i was told that we must wait the supporters who agree with the subsonic thing, but honestly all the arguments for that already got debunked and nobody but pain bothered to argue, can you call staff for this nelliels?

It is really a lot of work arguing a round about scenario, but just to address something, you guys said three people use sound attacks, please can you provide the instance this said attacks were dodged or blocked

It is really a lot of work arguing a round about scenario, but just to address something, you guys said three people use sound attacks, please can you provide the instance this said attacks were dodged or blocked
It is the one you posted early of juuzou reactimg to gakuganji sound attack

From what I am seeing, Maki blitzing Ohgi and Geto dashing in front of the students are the only feats that are supersonic and above that aren't highly questionable. But they don't establish consistency or overweight statements. We can calculate lots of top-tier anti-feats from Projection Sorcery alone.

Barely blocking long-range guitar sound attacks is subsonic, and singing/speaking techniques have element of surprise or AoE so they are not helpful for determining speed. Geto reacting to a handgun and sniper rifle are more impressive feats (It is of note that Kenjaku said that conventional weapons like firearms are useful against sorcerers), but they'll likely yield subsonic due to the distance.

The statement that Naoya surpassed subsonic speed is in the context that it is a reason Maki is in trouble. So it acts as a ceiling statement.

From what I am seeing, Maki blitzing Ohgi and Geto dashing in front of the students are the only feats that are supersonic and above that aren't highly questionable. But they don't establish consistency or overweight statements. We can calculate lots of top-tier anti-feats from Projection Sorcery alone.

Barely blocking long-range guitar sound attacks is subsonic, and singing/speaking techniques have element of surprise or AoE so they are not helpful for determining speed. Geto reacting to a handgun and sniper rifle are more impressive feats (It is of note that Kenjaku said that conventional weapons like firearms are useful against sorcerers), but they'll likely yield subsonic due to the distance.

The statement that Naoya surpassed subsonic speed is in the context that it is a reason Maki is in trouble. So it acts as a ceiling statement.
Actually the naoya statetement refer to the fact that maki is bleeding from the fight against ogi and therefore cannnot afford a draw out fight against naoya who SURPASSED the speed of sound, the juuzou blocking sound is more in reference to sound not being enought to blitz a fodder but people like maki,toji,geto and jogo being able to blitz far stronger people in a comparable distance
About the projection sorcery anti-feats the techinique work by allowing the user to do 24 movements on 1 second using the user field of vision how many meter the user will move in this frame is inconsequentional, and the casual projection sorcery is ever really show very off-guard opponents

They still use that stupid thing?

Anyway, I'll just wait for now. Nobody changes their mind when the discussion is about jujutsu

Maki blitzed her father from a comparable distance,toji did the same for ino, naobito did blitz dagon who is far above juuzou etc,
If sound is not enough to blitz character A from 5 meters them it is logical to assume that character B who can blitz character C(stronger tham character A) from a further distance them character B should logically be faster than sound

The propondonderance of evidence and number of votes favors above subsonic jujutsu kaisen , so i think we only need to decide
-what calcs to use
-who scales to what
-apply the changes

So here is my proposal:
Mid tiers or higher: supersonic+ , going by the low end of the maki catches a bullet calc
Top tiers and speedsters: hypersonic, going by the maki blitzes ogi calc
God tiers( gojo and full power sukuna): massively hypersonic, going by the gojo dodges an explosion calc

Agree: theendzero13
Disagree:

What he said was wrong, not most people, no one debunked nothing on subsonic maki like how do you debunk the author of a series.
because the author did not state that maki is subsonic, read the scan again
XdcJGTs.jpeg

all that it says is that maki does not want a drown out fight because she was tired from fighting hei,lost blood against ogi and had taken injuries, the above subsonic thing is just making an statement on naoys's speeds
but even them if you want to interpret the statement as maki not being at subsonic speed them i will just say that is because of her injuries and fatigue, which is supported by her getting tagged by chojuro, despite blitzing ogi early on (ogi of course being above chojuro)

What he said was wrong, not most people, no one debunked nothing on subsonic maki like how do you debunk the author of a series.
also i literally counted the amount of votes, on total :

4 agree with subsonic
8 disagree

among the ones who bothered to alwser back it is:
2 agree with subsonic
5 disagree

Dude unless you can debunk the subsonic stuff don't even bother, blatantly lying, or acting like you can read and understand context.

"So she knew she was at a disadvantage against naoya who had already surpassed subsonic speed"

Means she has has not surpassed it

Nothing you said debunked anything, so why would anyone need to reply?
How doesn't debunk anything exactly i literally explained how the statement does not comfirm maki is subsonic and even if she is i also explained exactly how it can be consistent with the other feats and powers in the verse

How doesn't debunk anything exactly i literally explained how the statement does not comfirm maki is subsonic and even if she is i also explained exactly how it can be consistent with the other feats and powers in the verse
Dude unless you can debunk the subsonic stuff don't even bother, blatantly lying, or acting like you can read and understand context.

"So she knew she was at a disadvantage against naoya who had already surpassed subsonic speed"

Means she has has not surpassed it

Maki who was wounded, fatigued and with a lot of blood was at a disantvantage in a protracted fight against naoya, who had already surpassed subsonic speeds
Nothing on this Statement objectively proves that maki is subsonic but even taken that interpretation it would just be that this fatigued,damaged and on blood loss maki is subsonic not her full power version, her getting tagged by people like chojuro while previously she was blitzing ogi supports that

So "At least Subsonic" or "Subsonic+" speed for both of them then?

So "At least Subsonic" or "Subsonic+" speed for both of them then?
Not necessaralg the statement is surpassed subsonic therefore he is at least transonic, maki is only at those levels with the most unfavarable interpretation and ignoring the clear nerf she was at

Not necessaralg the statement is surpassed subsonic therefore he is at least transonic, maki is only at those levels with the most unfavarable interpretation and ignoring the clear nerf she was at
No the statement would be "at least subsonic" not transonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back