• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toji Fushigiro Berserk Mode addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
A condition in which a character, due to any psychological or physical effects, falls into an uncontrollable rage.

Toji doesn't fall into uncontrollable rage so the initial description for Berserk Mode he doesn't meet it. (1)

Intelligence is often reduced to the level of animal instincts, and the person in this condition begins with attacking indiscriminately, with increased aggression.

Toji's intelligence doesn't fall, but this isn't proof of it being Berserk Mode. Toji doesn't begin attacking indiscriminately, we're actually told he instinctually targets the strongest so he's missing that for Berserk Mode (2). He never shows further aggression so again he's missing that (3).

However, the person might pose a threat both to enemies and allies. Often accompanied by a sharp increase in attacking capacity at the expense of defense.
Toji didn't pose a threat to allies, he objectively had no allies here (4). His attacking capacity never increased at the expense of defense (5).

Uses​

He didn't get an increase in physical characteristics (6)
He has not aggravated reaction or feelings (7)
He shows no sign of increased physical tolerance or complete insensitivity to pain (8)
He shows no signs of resistance to mental effects (9)
He doesn't show surpassing his own limits (10)

Ya gotta drop this, he meets almost nothing on the page

Toji doesn't fall into uncontrollable rage so the initial description for Berserk Mode he doesn't meet it. (1)

Toji's intelligence doesn't fall, but this isn't proof of it being Berserk Mode. Toji doesn't begin attacking indiscriminately, we're actually told he instinctually targets the strongest so he's missing that for Berserk Mode (2). He never shows further aggression so again he's missing that (3).

Toji didn't pose a threat to allies, he objectively had no allies here (4). His attacking capacity never increased at the expense of defense (5).

He shows no sign of increased physical tolerance or complete insensitivity to pain (8)

Ya gotta drop this, he meets almost nothing on the page
Dude, you finally came to my rescue.

What are you trying to say? Because he has been here for a long time, he is smarter or superior to new users, I answered him the way he answered me
My point has nothing to do with the old/new situation. You disrespected him by saying that he doesn't understand what he reads and that he is ignorant. Please calm down a little more.

He is in an uncontrollable rage, it is directly stated he attacks the strongest around with no other thoughts to his surroundings. This is pretty uncontrollable, anyone can discern if he KNEW what was happening he would have not attacked Megumi who he recognized afterward when he broke free.
Meaning of indiscriminately: in a way that does not show careful choice or planning. I think attacking the strongest person around with no other thoughts about how strong they could be fits that meaning. He doesn't go "Hmmmmm... I wonder if this fish guy is the strongest, better find out with my handy dandy notebook!" he goes "This guy seems strong, KILL THEM!" Also increased aggression I believe fits under the whole attacking anyone. Even Maki remarks about how if she had gotten in his way she probably would have been ripped apart.
This in general is a stupid argument. Okay, cool, he has no allies. The literal statement "He is attacking the strongest around" is proof enough he poses a threat to EVERYONE then. I'm genuinely baffled you thought this out of ALL the arguments was an actual valid and good one to use.
There are just USES of Berserk Mode, they are not REQUIREMENTS. But just to humor you if you really care, he is stated to be increasing in speed, so the 6th point is null and void. For the 7th see the message about Maki.

He is in an uncontrollable rage, it is directly stated he attacks the strongest around with no other thoughts to his surroundings. This is pretty uncontrollable, anyone can discern if he KNEW what was happening he would have not attacked Megumi who he recognized afterward when he broke free.
Not rage. Show us where it says rage or shows this uncontrollable rage.

Meaning of indiscriminately: in a way that does not show careful choice or planning. I think attacking the strongest person around with no other thoughts about how strong they be fits that meaning. He doesn't go "Hmmmmm... I wonder if this fish guy is the strongest, better find out with my handy dandy notebook!" he goes "This guy seems strong, KILL THEM!" Also increased aggression I believe fits under the whole attacking anyone. Even Maki remarks about how if she had gotten in his way she probably would have been ripped apart.
You can't be serious. The manga tells us how its done, he targets the strongest around instinctually thus instinctive action, not Berserk Mode. And Maki said that cause of how strong he is, has zero to do with aggression.

This in general is a stupid argument. Okay, cool, he has no allies. The literal statement "He is attacking the strongest around" is proof enough he poses a threat to EVERYONE then. I'm genuinely baffled you thought this out of ALL the arguments was an actual valid and good one to use.
Its to show you he's missing a trait of the ability... that's why I put numbers for what he's missing. The less he has the less believable its Berserk Mod.

There are just USES of Berserk Mode, they are not REQUIREMENTS. But just to humor you if you really care, he is stated to be increasing in speed, so the 6th point is null and void. For the 7th see the message about Maki.
I know they're uses, the point is to show Toji shows zero of them. This is a disingenuous interpretation. What the page is talking about is a stat increase, what we're shown is him just running faster, something any human can do, it is not a stat increase like the page implies. Just a bs point.

Don't take this with 100% sincerity or as a means to go through with it but I think this CRT can probably pass? Duedate agrees and this has been going on for way too long. I'd obviously get a second opinion

Last edited:
Don't take this with 100% sincerity or as a means to go through with it but I think this CRT can probably pass? Duedate agrees and this has been going on for way too long. I'd obviously get a second opinion
I think so, im busy lately so i can't count other users votes. But we got neutral from DDM and king tempest, agree from you and duedate.

So we got no disagree from any staff.

I think the revision is simple too, so it can pass yeah

There is still no clear result and you are trying to add something that is completely contradictory to the profile. Baran could not respond to what we said, so Berserk mode should definitely not be added to the profile, this CRT should be closed.

Well we all said, what we had to. So i think there's enough evidences for it because Duedate agreed.
LOL, even though we have already refuted all the arguments you presented, trying to add to the profile without answering any of them, ahahaha, you are pathetic. If this is added to the profile, I will open a downgrade on the same day and the berserk mode you added to the profile will disappear in an instant. It's nonsense.

this CRT should be closed.
No offense but you don’t get to decide this. For all intents and purposes no staff member has disagreed with the CRT only agreed so closing this would be stupid.

Until you see the staff majority reject this CRT then you should probably keep quiet and not make decisions you’re not in your lane to make

LOL, even though we have already refuted all the arguments you presented, trying to add to the profile without answering any of them, ahahaha, you are pathetic. If this is added to the profile, I will open a downgrade on the same day and the berserk mode you added to the profile will disappear in an instant. It's nonsense.
Cartoon villain much? With the laughs, the evil plan, and rebelling against authority.

Because I came to read this in response to the RVRT, I would like to state that I also disagree with Berserk Mode, I think people are being very generous with the definition of the term.

Also, OP, CurrySenpai is staff on FC/OC, and thus would not be part of the tally. Furthermore, content moderators wouldn't be tally-able even on VSBW, just thread moderators.

Now to respond to RVRT.

Last edited:
Went through the thread.

DDM stated he was neutral and never updated from this point, ditto for KT (although KT implicitly seemed to have been leaning against). Deagonx stated he was outright against, Elizhaa suggested it was a form of bloodlust and did not comment again. With my disagreement, the current effective vote is 2 against, 1 in favor, 2 neutral- if anything, this would be rejected.

Went through the thread.

DDM stated he was neutral and never updated from this point, ditto for KT (although KT implicitly seemed to have been leaning against). Deagonx stated he was outright against, Elizhaa suggested it was a form of bloodlust and did not comment again. With my disagreement, the current effective vote is 2 against, 1 in favor, 2 neutral- if anything, this would be rejected.
Cool, then this can get closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back