• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Josuke Higashikata vs Nora Valkyrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
And give nora more ammo, good idea

Nora can alternatively just blast him with straight up electricity

• Charged Up: Nora performs an aerial attack while conducting electricity with her weapon which sends out a shock wave of electricity that spreads between enemies hit with Nora's shock wave as she lands.
  • Electro Blast: Nora charges electricity into her weapon and fires it at a target. When this blast makes contact with an enemy, it releases a burst of electricity that chains to other enemies nearby.
  • Love Launcher: Nora fires grenades in an arc that explodes on impact, unleashing a chain of electricity that harms nearby enemies when directly striking their target.
Any of these would be extremely detrimental to CD and Josuke if he tries to restrain Nora

WeeklyBattles said:
And give nora more ammo, good idea
More ammo that just gets sent back as Josuke closes distance to whoop her in close combat.

Heck the moment she's amped she would close distance, which is a terrible idea even with an AP advantage.

Supersonicstyle13 said:
@Weekly how likely is it that she would do this at the start of the fight?
As per SBA theyre starting at a distance of several hundred meters apart, at that range Nora would always lead with ranged attacks

Crazy Diamond is fine combating foes emitting electricity, lol. Im sure Josuke is clenching his teeth but its not a deal breaker.

@Weekly

Nora can't amp herself in Vol 1-3 like that. She got an upgrade to her weapon in Vol 4 that lets her do that.

She amps once from a redirected missile, gets close, gets smacked, then Josuke closes distance and shatters her aura with a stand rush. Then hax.

Before you try to tell me that RHCP doesn't emit electricity your wrong. Just touching Okuyasu's brother paralyzed and began frying him alive.

Meanwhile CD trades and tanks blows from an amped RHCP.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Professor Josuke's fight with RHCP is an outlier
For an AP perspective, yes.

However the fight still, uh, happened. He's had experience with electricity users.

@Dargoo How is she going to get smacked when she gets amped fast enough to blitz, strong enough to oneshot, and durable enough to handle the AP to be able to oneshot?

No it's not, him being 8-B is an outlier.

Besides, CD still physically punched and knocked his block when he taunted Josuke inside his house. The Hand kicks him too and suffers no major electricity damage.

@Dargoo No its more like you dont take them seriously enough, she blitzed and oneshot four people stronger than Josuke

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo No its more like you dont take them seriously enough, she blitzed and oneshot four people stronger than Josuke
Think what you will. Link evidence for what you're talking about from Vol 1-3. You previously only linked stuff from Vol 4.

I gotta fly for now. Hold the fort while I'm off, Prof.

Also why exactly cant she just hit CD? Its already ben established that Stands and Aura are similar enough that they can interact with each other so whats stopping her from just blowing it up or hammer bashing it if it tries to melee or grapple her?

Right, but she can't see Crazy Diamond

She can't hit him from a distance because he can revert her electricity and although it will end up amping her greatly, her and Josuke both know she'll have to finish it with a melee strike on account of him reverting her ranged attacks.

So she dashes forward at mach speed, with the amp Josuke is wincing and can barely react in time. Luckily he can bring out CD beforehand who wraps his strong arms around her, swings her around twice, then slams her onto the floor. She coughs, her aura visibly cracked.

"I know that electricity was boosting you, that's why I hade Crazy Diamond revert it from your system!" he reveals, all her stored electricity now discharged into the ground.

Before she can object with a retaliation strike or an escape her skull bounces off the floor twice in a single moment, Crazy Diamond now begins his onslaught which quickly shatters her aura and her bones.

Or Nora would just fire off all of her grenades at once for a large AoE attack that CD cant deal with due to speed equalization

It is out of character for Nora to bullrush an opponent she knows nothing about. If he tries to bear hug her she can indeed break out due to higher AP and lifting strength, or launch a grenade at her feet which would damage CD greatly and stun both it and Josuke with electricity.

Slamming her into the floor twice wont take her aura down when aura users can take dozens of hits from people a full tier above them and not have it go down.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Did you not watch it? It is in fact both
I watched it. In fact, I made sure to watch it before the time you linked to make it appear as you described it, where it's clear she isn't blitzing them, and how those four had already been in extended combat with JNPR.

How does them being in combat make it not a oneshot? Their aura was still up and their durability wasnt any lower than it was at the start of the fight

Oh my god, you can't break out of someone using your momentum against you. If they are strong enough to swing and body you around, it doesn't matter if you're Goku, you can be swung around and thrown away. You can't lift your way out of someone redirecting your momentum.

Her firing all her grenades at once is kind of bad idea, CD can punch it once and now it will revert itself before it rwches Josuke.

I didn't mean for that to seem like she got slammed twice and her sura broke, only that CD used her super speed as a super slam before giving her a classic DORA until she did break.

WeeklyBattles said:
How does them being in combat make it not a oneshot? Their aura was still up and their durability wasnt any lower than it was at the start of the fight
Because they had already been fighting and taking hits that depleted their aura.

Because Nora didn't give them serious injury past depleting their aura and sending them flying.

It's not a one-shot.

You're contradicting the very definition of Aura you and I agreed to make a CRT on.

@Professor If youre being bear hugged from behind as a means of being restrained you absolutely can, this is coming from someone who has been trained in self defense for 8 years, you absolutely can.

She fires her grenades over a large area, due to speed equalization CD shouldnt be able to react to every one of her grenades. If CD reverts it Nora now has more ammo or gets amped by electricity, and the ones that land electrocute and stun Josuke and CD.

Nora can very easily use her grenade launcher to propel herself away

First off, most forms of self defense are scams. You cannot prepare yourself for an attacker with a set plan or a single fall back move. I can link you a video showing how stupid professional self defense classes and whatnot is. Your best bet is legitimate martial arts training and carrying a weapon, this is coming from a state wrestling champion.

That being said, it's not a bear hug and that's it, it's a bear hug while being spun around at super speeds. Nora would not be orientated enough to start prying out in time before she gets slammed.

If she fires them over a large area than he just reverts the ones that pose a threat. Yes it provides more ammo and amp, but she ultimately can't finish him with her grenades.

Im fully aware, I have been doing legitimate martial arts training for 8 years now and can tell you for a fact that bear hugging someone much stronger than you to try to restrain them isnt going to do jack.

RWBY characters in general are able to stay perfectly oriented while spinning rapidly, and spinning doesnt prevent Nora from shooting at her feet.

They all pose a threat as when they explode they have AoE chain electricity.

WeeklyBattles said:
Im fully aware, I have been doing legitimate martial arts training for 8 years now and can tell you for a fact that bear hugging someone much stronger than you to try to restrain them isnt going to do jack.
Except, uh, said bear-hugger is completly invisible.

If you do martial arts you should be well aware that any attack that you have no capacity to react to seriously messes you up.

CD doesn't even need to grapple, though. It can just punch or kick her away.

You'd have to be waaaaaaay stronger, as if you get lifted you've basically just got your shoulders and triceps to make it work.

If someone ran towards me or someone relatively athletic and then they were grabbed bear hug style and spun around, said person who was running would be unable to pry themselves out by the time they are spun around twice. It's just not feasible, regardless if you have the super strong biceps and grip strength. Rotation and physics are working against you, it makes it so much more difficult that it can't be pulled off in such an unreasonable time frame.

I swear I can make a montage of RWBY characters getting slapped and spiraled away, lol. It's not unreasonable for Nora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back